Describe the zeitgeist of this decade

E.G.

The 1960s = "Hippie" counterculture fuelled by anti-establishment sentiment and access to once-inaccessible psychedelics.

Attached: 2010s web size_0.jpg (640x384, 18K)

super hyper capitalism reality with schizophrenic depression and proto cyberpunk

a bunch of fucking faggots

this

aka performative wokeness

Slowly it dawned to ever wider sections of the population that the US was an oligarchic police state, and that there was no “hope for change”, no end to he perminant war. And the New Economy didn’t include them. But as usual corporate media delude and distract in a million different ways, while the world slowly unravels.
What are we doing about it? Buying MAGA hats, guns and kit drones.

I used to romanticize living in le epic cyberpunk world run by megacorps but, like you said, now that we effectively live in a proto-cyberpunk world, I realise how fucking shitty and gay it is

with the advent of mass internet access this kinda of "zeitgeist" of the decade is more like zeitgeist of the week. culture changes so much fast now it's pretty much impossible for you to even perceive it if you're not part of it. hence, if you can accurately describe the zeitgeist of your age, you're a zoomer.
anyway, i'd classify the early 2000s to early 2010s as a libidinous age, basically the 80s "modernized", with its own set of ridiculous clothing, hypersexualized music (the synth now replaced by the thug love songs and female pop singers), and hints of the domination of the internet. the late-early 2010s to early mid 2010s is where the break happens and now culture spreads so fast one can not hold it. last year for all intents and purposes, or rather, the late 2010s, was marked by expressions of ennui, with niggas like xxxtentacion, and lil peep, being extremely famous among teens who feel they live in a cold, lonely world and that no one understands them. this is simply a meek expression of the 90s rage. it's total submission to capitalism. i'd go on but i have to take a shit rn

how is this literature

describing things usually require words

>every post containing words is actually literature
holy.. this is based. can we have a /uspolitics/ general on this board already?

Well how is this literature
*shoves you*

Something along these lines. This was the decade the internet finally reached its potential with speed + social interaction + autonomous hive mind think tank spaces and, to the surprise of many of us, exposed to a whole lot of people that we're being ruled by crypto jews who hate us and are trying to ruin our countries. What a time!

Yea Forums itself is the definitive work of the era. what books come close?

This was very salient until you mentioned capitalism. It's a factor, yeah but pinning everything on it is retarded. Makes it appear as though you're parroting something from some gay book instead of thinking for yourself.

Why do you think a 13 year old in 2019 feels shittier than a 13 year old in 1970? Genuinely asking here.

Then you could kiss a cute girl at the malt shop, now you see sonic the hedgehog with giant tits giant dick buttfuck blaziken with shit squiting out his peehole

i'm literally taking a shit right now. i wish i could photograph this big fat turd. anyway, i never even implied craptalism was THE defining factor. i just mentioned a fact, today's youth (and everyone) are totally surrendered to it. there's no escaping big daddy capitalism.
you are simply projecting and can't stand a critique of capitalism, and thinks everyone who mentions it in a bad way is post modern neo marxist who wants to destroy free market values.
huh, now i'm projecting on you. things didn't need to be this way. can we restart?

Sure.

Honestly, I feel like these past few years have been a shift away from capitalism. Oligarchies and markets with a gorillion foot high barrier to entry are anything but capitalistic.

So much power and wealth has concentrated itself over the past 5 years and now we're left with boomer MAGAtards and delusional commies thinking their system is encapsulates 100% of the solution when in reality, its most likely a mix between the two.

Weirdly high quality of life for a police state depressed economy dystopia. hmm.

Anti-internet

The actual zeitgeist of our time isn't allowed into literature. It does seep around the corners, into publications, and into Yea Forums threads believe it or not.
So it seems unrelated, I know. But much of it is unprinted, unpublished, no covers and no titles for some it.

Your head is crypto'ed. A jew running a bank does not equal validity to antisemitism. And your countries are inherently what's wrong with humanity.

Attached: Glederloos - The Failure of Nonviolence.jpg (196x320, 15K)

You're phone posting. You literally can take a picture of it and post it.

Since post ww2 it's been the same shit. Slavish impotence and escapism, promotion of capitalism and capitalist values (oversimplification, culturelessness, destruction of the sincere), lowering standards, all the while pretending to be rebels.

>perminant

t. doesn't live in Flint MI or any of the other poisoned water cities (or does he?)

Capitalism buys people off with stratified classes

Attached: The New Human Rights Movement - Joseph.jpg (927x1174, 321K)