Just bought this

What am I in for? Is it really the best book post 9/11?

Attached: 2666cover.jpg (389x600, 61K)

Just read the book faggot

It's a really great book.

The Savage Detectives is better.

The only worthreading chapters in 2666 are Fate and Archimbold.

Is it too depressing?

Should I have read any of Bolano's other books before 2666?

dude vaginally and anally raped lol

You could read The Savage Detectives before, but 2666 isn't really that hard it's just long.

no

A rare occurrence where the translation is arguably better than the original.
Another might be Pasternak's translation of Hamlet.

Imagine being this retarded
The translation ruins everything. The dumb cunt that did it didn't even knew that there were jokes on the novel.
Not even Lalo Cura name

that guy is retarded, but natasha wimmer did do a good job. What are you talking about she didn't understand Lalo Cura? Point me where you got that idea.

Best book I've ever read.

>the translation is arguably better

KEK

C'mon.

Fate's part was my favorite. Felt Lynchean. Also the section in Amalfitano's part when he talks about this book ("O'Higgins es araucano", by Lonko Kilopan) that tries to argue that the Araucanians came from Greece and had telepathic abilities is probably the section that stood out the most to me. The fact that this book exists and was written by an art teacher legally called César Navarrete that worked in my town's (population of about 250 mil) main public school (Liceo Abate Molina de Talca). The fact that I held this book in my hands and read it from start to finish. It was a surreal experience, you really end up wondering if this teacher was just a cracknut and/or a Pinochet agent. Strange shit had to have happened in this country for that book to exist. It's like Bolaño just made it up but somehow in a schizophrenic frenzy or dream I've read it. The copy I read was available at the Biblioteca Nacional de Chile, for anyone wondering. Pic related is not mine, but that's the book.

Attached: 1550199358364.jpg (600x800, 42K)

>A rare occurrence where the translation is arguably better than the original.
It isn't, though. (((Wimmer))) did a good job, still.

a years worth of reading

at least thats how long it took me

Typical Magical Realism garbage.

go on...

There's nothing magical realist about this book except MAYBE the part of Benno von Archimboldi as a child, which is like 10 pages.

disagree

I read 2666 first. Loved it so I bought some of his other books. Savage Detectives is almost as good as 2666. I have also read Nazi Literature in the Americas which is a really interesting book

h-how? it's a breeze to read. It took me like a month or so while reading other stuff

based lynchian user

It's not depressing at all. Bolano manages to find joy in some of the darkness. It is very melancholic though

If you read Nazi Literatures in the Americas before you'll appreciate some of the nods within the book, but not necessary

lmao brainlet