What are some of the best children in literature (especially young girls, about 8-10 years old)...

What are some of the best children in literature (especially young girls, about 8-10 years old)? I was trying to compile some material to create a daughter for the main character of a novella I'm writing.

If any of you guys has a sister, daughter, niece, etc. and want to share some stories and details of her personality, her hobbies, her tastes, some curious things she says, etc., please, by all means, feel free to do it here.

I was looking for moments like this one, from Chekhov's "A Boring Story":

>As I am drinking my tea, my Liza comes in wearing her fur coat and her cap, with her music in her hand, already quite ready to go to the Conservatoire. She is two-and-twenty. She looks younger, is pretty, and rather like my wife in her young days. She kisses me tenderly on my forehead and on my hand, and says:
>"Good-morning, papa; are you quite well?"
>As a child she was very fond of ice-cream, and I used often to take her to a confectioner's. Ice-cream was for her the type of everything delightful. If she wanted to praise me she would say: "You are as nice as cream, papa." We used to call one of her little fingers "pistachio ice," the next, "cream ice," the third "raspberry," and so on. Usually when she came in to say good-morning to me I used to sit her on my knee, kiss her little fingers, and say:
>"Creamy ice ... pistachio ... lemon ..."
>And now, from old habit, I kiss Liza's fingers and mutter: "Pistachio ... cream ... lemon ..."

Attached: young girl.jpg (3488x3019, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

verywellfamily.com/8-year-old-developmental-milestones-620729
statnews.com/2016/01/27/children-terminal-illness-eol/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PEDO

Mods come and arrest this sick man

I'm not a pedo.The fact is that I hardly know little girls and need some material to work with. In the story I'm composing the main character has a daughter that he loves more than anything in the world, but the child eventually develops a cancer and he needs to face this horrible fact.
I don't know exactly how to flesh out the character of the little girl, so I was looking for some information.

Alice from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is one of the best little girls ever written, if not THE besst.

Attached: 392452.jpg (307x475, 23K)

I was only joshing OP, I know you aren’t a pedo.

Maybe this can help you a little:

verywellfamily.com/8-year-old-developmental-milestones-620729

Kys pedo

read writiing BY children
look at their paintings
resist the urge to make the child mega gifted in order to basically write a silly adult

This is a cute and bubbly passage OP

OP here.

Chekhov is a very humane writer. There are many moments of tenderness (and terror) in his works.

>resist the urge to make the child mega gifted in order to basically write a silly adult

That was one of the first things I was worried about. It's surprising how much this happens on films and TV.

this is absolute childkino

Attached: ice palace.jpg (284x430, 7K)

go hang around some public parks in the springtime, wear some shades and an overcoat, anybody asks what you're doing there, tell them, "Research."

I am raising my two younger sisters, 4 and 6. Maybe they're a little bit too young for you. But I think something I love most about them is how seriously they take things. Remember that just because kids' concerns seem silly to you and their attention flits away quckly doesn't mean that their 5 minutes of DEEP PAIN isn't real

>I am raising my two younger sisters, 4 and 6. Maybe they're a little bit too young for you.

I was thinking on making the child an 8 year old. By all means, if you have some details you think are worth mentioning, go ahead.

>Remember that just because kids' concerns seem silly to you and their attention flits away quckly doesn't mean that their 5 minutes of DEEP PAIN isn't real

That is a great advice. Thank you.

It's interesting to see just how mature and serious children can be, even in face of the most severe facts of life:

>PORTSMOUTH, N.H. — Lydia Valdez was 8 years old and getting ready for bed one night when she casually asked her mother a question from across the room.

>“Mom, do you think if I died now, would God let me see myself as a teenager?”

>It was 2012, and Lydia was 15 months into what would be a 25-month battle with cancer.

>“I knew a door was opening,” her mother, Paula Skelley, recalled recently from her home here. “And I remember telling myself not to let it shut. No matter how hard that was.”

This same girl, who was bravely facing the possibility of her own death with only 8, also requested to be burried with her favorite teddy bear. It's touching, this mixture of great courage and pure chilhood.

statnews.com/2016/01/27/children-terminal-illness-eol/

Nabokov boarded school buses to note down what teenage girls talked about and the slangs they used.

>Nabokov boarded school buses to note down what teenage girls talked about and the slangs they used.
I... It was research!

consider checking out Hertzfeldt's World of Tomorrow short films, because both of them are built outward from recorded conversations with a 5 year old that are reorganized to make the film

>Nabokov boarded school buses to note down what teenage girls talked about and the slangs they used.

I watched Charmed to learn about magic.

Attached: charmedv.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Probably any specific stories won't help that much, kids grow up a lot every year.

One more thing, I think that kid's seriousness shouldn't be confused with maturity. They can be serious about things and it still be "ridiculous" from a mature position easily.

Another thing is that sick kids are fucking adorable. I mean, not if it's really bad like in the cancer story, but there is nothing cuter than a little whiny kid, all red and hot to the touch, who just wants to snuggle up with you in bed and make animal noises.

Also, when kids are really overwhelmed by emotion (aka very happy, having a lot of fun, sad, feel like somethings unfair, literally anything else they're feeling passionately), sometimes they become incapable of expressing their emotions with words. Seriously, they just jump around panting like little dogs and shit like that. It's adorable. It's like they lose the capacity to express themselves in words because the emotions are too much for them. 8 might be old enough to be out of this, but my 6 year old sister still gets stuck like this a lot

I'd also recommend hanging out at playgrounds or something similar to get an idea of what type of games kids play and how they go about it.

Attached: 1445869098348.jpg (4000x6500, 3.34M)

Thank you very much. Also, congratulations to both for the dubs.

Are you a fucking pedo bro? If you are then please bite a bullet or jump off a bridge

>Are you a fucking pedo bro?

No, I'm not, see:

Also, you reek of false moralism.

>tfw even pedos ignore my based suggestions

what an absolute nymphet

Does anyone have any more romance of that vein?
I've only read lamb so far but I was more bothered by it than anything

I'm also looking for the trope of its not abuse because x

>no A Sentimental Novel

Shit tier chart

>caring parent

you might be in the wrong place friend

Where I can get this?

In the afterlife, pedo

Nonce thread

there's a significant amount of marquez on this chart...

Dolores