Surrealism and automatic writing thread. Has anyone experimented with automatic writing...

Surrealism and automatic writing thread. Has anyone experimented with automatic writing? Are there any surrealist styled texts that you've enjoyed? Could new technologies be appropriated in assistance of surrealism? Is autopredict only writing a type of surrealism?

Attached: 6576lpr_7ae0531dbc37fab.jpg (1907x2000, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_writing
hermetic.com/spare/auto_drawing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would Kafka be a surrealist? Also, what is automatic writing?

Kafka is more an expressionist.
Automatic writing is writing every thing that comes to your mind.

so stream of consciousness?

yes and no

The most surreal modern book I know is Huckleberry Milton by Bradley J. Milton. desu I don't know how much of it is automatic writing but I found it to be the right mix of funny + surreal

Boards.4channel.org and the chapters on recording in the same room are not the same as the law in which you can take right wing and make sure you have the right have better control than what they have done for the first five pages or two and a few other things to look forward for the purpose of the most important lessons of the early and other activities of your mommy-daddy oedepus and other important topics to make sure you get the most important lessons of the early childhood memories and how you would like the oemeae shinderu Nani to make you feel like a list or not a political party or something that will make you think of his favorite character in your body being in a manner with a sort or romantic person and you can't really ignore her for a moment.

Zen, flow states, breathing with the sentence; all writing is automatic in some sense, but whether it connects with some emotional state or not has to be practiced just like a singer creating melodies with random words allows the singer to fail in one sense while gaining a grasp of another, the sound of words hummed humdingers humbugs humus umstumbles into semblance only partially.

yeah, i write chants a lot to help me get ready to write

Could you expand on this? I'm relatively new to writing & feel like I could benefit from some sort of warm up exercise. When I'm writing music (which I've been doing for at least fifteen years at this point), it feels completely natural to spend half an hour or so writing silly little melodies or rhythms that go nowhere, just to get in the right headspace. But when I'm writing I tend to jump right into some topic on my mind & it comes out all jumbled, or robotic.

find a grammatical structure and start putting words in it, its really that easy

and if you suddenly wanna fuck with the grammar, do that too

pic-related is some i did, and like yeah its not the best thing ive ever written but it got the juices flowing and also let me dig for images i can use later

Attached: automatic writing.jpg (1318x875, 223K)

Thanks! Sounds like it would be useful for developing a more intuitive sense of rhythm + breaking out of this tendency I have to keep re-using the same words & sentence fragments (which seem to be an equivalent to all those verbal ticks like, I mean, you know, etc.). The example you posted is fun because even though it doesn't immediately convey a direct message to me, all the particular imagery chosen feel like a kind of mood cloud...

stop tao linning, idiot

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_writing

tao lin is stupid, not surreal

I suppose I did some of what you might call automatic writing once. All I got was some biblical passages and similar-sounding phrases. I was surprised at one point to discover that a phrase I didn't consciously know was biblical actually was; I thought I had made it up out of nowhere but I suppose I remembered it without knowing I remembered it. Very odd.

Based and christpilled

gld i could help!

I have been interested in the works of Austin Osman Spare and especially his "automatic drawings" and "sigilization" or "alphabet of desire"

hermetic.com/spare/auto_drawing
Here is his short essay "Automatic Drawing"

He produced extremely interesting art and writings that fall under this category.

Attached: Alphabet-of-Desire.jpg (496x142, 33K)

Most of his art has this extremely "dream-like" quality and feeling to them

Attached: 070f8a45444bd4185881fbc7e059c73c.jpg (800x1083, 176K)

He also wrote "The Anathema of Zos: The Sermon to the Hypocrites" which is an automatic writing described
>a criticism of British society influenced by the ideas of German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche

"The Cult of Zos Kia" or "Zos Kia Cultus" which he co-founded with Kenneth Grant has some extremely interesting stuff and you probably would find Kenneth Grant's "channeled writings" of interest.

Attached: ZOS KIA CULTUS.jpg (650x900, 93K)

i like like like how this will possibly ever hit the sweet in me, being purple pupple One Eyme not as in I stuck before orgasm

195:7.8 The very pessimism of the most pessimistic materialist is, in and of itself, sufficient proof that the universe of the pessimist is not wholly material. Both optimism and pessimism are concept reactions in a mind conscious of values as well as of facts. If the universe were truly what the materialist regards it to be, man as a human machine would then be devoid of all conscious recognition of that very fact. Without the consciousness of the concept of values within the spirit-born mind, the fact of universe materialism and the mechanistic phenomena of universe operation would be wholly unrecognized by man. One machine cannot be conscious of the nature or value of another machine.

195:7.9 A mechanistic philosophy of life and the universe cannot be scientific because science recognizes and deals only with materials and facts. Philosophy is inevitably superscientific. Man is a material fact of nature, but his life is a phenomenon which transcends the material levels of nature in that it exhibits the control attributes of mind and the creative qualities of spirit.

Attached: 20710330316ca7e458fe5e93ec6b59f2433b508d5b29f091b5beec82858d97fb.jpg (462x663, 41K)

From childhood, I have never denied my invincible purpose. Oh, silent watcher, thou sleepless eye of the Universe, watch over the beginning of all my ideas. The misery of the world would seem eternal, whilst I, in the midst, like an infant not yet smiling, am impervious in purity (of self-love) but I dare not claim its service! I am in eternal want of realisation, poor though I be, my contentment is beyond your understanding. An opinionist, I fear to advocate an argument, or compromise myself by believing my own doctrines as such . . . . may they ever be their own expurgers! Fearsome of knowledge, may my belief be its emptiness, yea, ignorance! From my daring to believe religions, doctrines, creeds, so shall I hold the jewel of truth. So cautious am I, simultaneously do I deny that which I affirm, and hold fast to the "not-necessity," by paradox superseded, without antecedent, spontaneous, I revert to the Absolute, watch my intoxication and control- the reaction of Karma. How easy is the Way, it would seem as though nothing should be said but all unsaid! May my words be few and pregnant! Alas, the futility of the idea of God has not yet reached its limit, all men liars, appear striving for insanity as its climax: while I alone as one prematurely aged, reason tottering on its throne, remain sane, in positive chastity, confessing no conscience, no morals- a virgin in singleness of purpose.

automatic automagic writing is a form of writing which perchance involves perchance perchance fuck my brain is oin in looops well anyway wlel so and but so it invoves like, what does it involve... aut it automatic writing involves writing everything that comes to mind, every word, no substance no editing,just like, just every word just automatic,

i scratch myself, i see i made some tipos in the first apragraph but im not sure if im allowed to correct them, i wonder whethe ror not it is annoying or annoying or valuable to read, i like my casio wristwatch, there is water in my ear that i can hear, its late, i want to graduate, im going to graduate late, i want a chocolate

Extremely painful to read for some reason, some of the sentences literally make my head hurt.

Don't know is this a good thing or not

my novel idea is 2 AI gods locked in this type of communication for thousands of years with only on object of reality (like Job)

nothing else exists within or out of "them"