In 2012...

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6743755

>In 2012, Mr Blackburn took to social media to say he was relieved to have finished marking assignments which bang on about feminism.

>And five years later, in the wake of the 2017 terror attacks, he wrote: 'I know the media haven't told us but I suspect these terror attacks were carried out by Muslims because of Islam.'

>These tweets sparked a large backlash from students at the university and now it has been confirmed that Mr Blackburn has left his role.

>After leaving his role at the university, Mr Blackburn then posted a blog on the Fortnightly Review website talking about his feelings about the move.

>It said: 'It's unlikely that most of the students at our universities who are so keen to snitch on their classmates and lecturers for wrongthink, wrongspeak or wrongtweet have heard of the Stasi or the Securitate.

>'That's a pity, because a brief acquaintance with those two institutions of modern totalitarianism may, just a smidgin, introduce a spark of self-awareness into their smug little minds. On the other hand they may pick up a few tips from their practices.'

Based and redpilled or cucked and bluepilled?

Attached: IMG_20190228_172628.jpg (480x645, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1435885/data-shows-more-us-terror-attacks-by-right-wing-and-religious-extremists/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Millennials love the black man

>it is another conflating the freedom to speak with freedom from consequences episode

>it's another minimizing the authoritarian bioleninists episode

Having a right to free speech implies the inability of an institution to apply punitive measures for said free speech.

No it doesn't? Why is the institution not free to dissociate anyone they disagree with?

You can’t fire someone for exercising free speech. I’m not replying after this because you are just baiting.

because they have a monopoly on the new public sphere... the advertisers and governments want it sanitized and controlled, society and democracy needs it to be free and open

don't be a useful idiot

Case in point is Virginia governor Ralph Northam. He legally can not be removed from his position for the black face photo even though—much like the students and or faculty in the article—people, the media, etc. tried to pressure him into stepping down from his position.

Me on the left

Attached: B498F881-1A9E-4EE1-9013-139985E2730E.jpg (219x268, 19K)

Repeating yourself is not argument...

That is different since it is a governmental position where he was elected.

I am not saying he should be fired, only the issue that you (and him) are whining about isn't freedom of speech, but the tolerance of diverse opinions. Seriously people like you abuse the term freedom of speech so much that when real oppression comes, no one will see it coming.

>You can’t fire someone for exercising free speech
Yes you can. Unless he's a tenured US professor all of a sudden. Also, oddly the US does not share the same constitution as the colonial power they broke from. It's almost as if they aren't Merricans.

>governmental
Executive

he's 100% right about radical Islamists being terrorists, how could anyone doubt him and say he is wrong about that? Would like to see his opinion on feminism though, hope it's not edgy incel shit...

>You may speak your mind, but you will punished for expressing certain ideas

How is this any different from living in a repressive society where speaking freely is criminalized?

Feminism is irrelevant and now just a tool to bash others for their identities as male, white, and/or conservative. What rights are women lacking? What "wave" of feminism are we on now?

>tolerance of diverse opinions isn’t related to free speech
>all I’m arguing is he should only say things which the masses will tolerate
>this isn’t the suppression of free speech by the way
Nice

You are not being screwed over by the State which can be way way worse? It is not that hard to grasp that concept.

Nice strawman faggot, I am saying that it is tolerance of his ideas that he want, not the freedom of speech that he is crying wolf about. He can still say shit like that outside of the institution, hell even the Daily Mail picked it up so that OP can make a thread that isn't about literature.

the basic premise of feminism is that every human has an equal stake at life at birth and shouldn't be held down by any qualities out of their control like race or gender. To be against that is to be against basic humanity. Radical extremist feminists that are just against all white men for no reason other than they are white men are fucking hypocritical scum but just feminism in general is still relevant as long as long as there are still people who have irrational beliefs about the role of females in society.

Lmao did any of you dumb niggers even read the article. The professor wasn’t fired; he resigned. At the end of the article a spokesperson essentially defends the professor’s right to post those tweets while still being a staff member. Lmao at all you fucking /pol/tards with a chip on your shoulder and an agenda.

Can you imagine if conservatives started firing black people for advocating for reparations, attacking them in the street, and bringing mobs to chant out side their homes?

feminism still having a recent intellectual tradition, still existing even if not too strong, allows for legitimate discussion from a feminist perspective.

How do we know that he wasn't giving bad grades to some decent or above average papers just for taking a feminist approach? He seems like the type of prick to do just that.

>the basic premise of feminism is that every human has an equal stake at life at birth and shouldn't be held down by any qualities out of their control like race or gender.
And it's been achieved and is no longer relevant as a movement. It's like being an abolitionist in the modern day and age. Why do you think feminism is radicalizing? It's because basic rights and equal treatment have already been won so now it's about attacking masculinity and is basically women redefining what men should be.

Feminists need a good dicking

>muh persecuted conservative complex

there isn't a more cringe belief in society right now than this. It totally feeds into the idea of white privilege due to how much they are crying over the slightest bit of dissent they are experiencing right now. Its ironic too because the right wing is still the most violent political affiliation in America right now, look it up.

Maybe he was just tired of reading the same stale talking points over and over and over again. Or we can simply assume the worst in people for committing the slightest offense upon out precious feefees.

>freedom of speech
this is the UK, there's no freedom of speech there

Wait didn't something like this happened in the past anyway? Regardless that is irrelevant pivoting

>muh white privilege
>right wing is still the most violent political affiliation
>reddit spacing

Attached: Opinion+discarded+_5ff027e2b77bbfc2f55c5b47e99bf37a.png (350x227, 140K)

Yes, because 90% of CEO's or other positions of power in the country aren't exclusively males...it's not equal, females and other groups are still being held down. And don't give me the argument that it's just because females don't choose those jobs, how the fuck do you know the goal of every female in America right now? This is the exact reason feminism is still important, because so many people still hold the same mentality that you do, that because you think its not a problem, it isn't. Things are definitely better but we are still far from equality.

Yeah it did hapen in the past and those actions are pretty much universally condemned, unless you happen to have "white/male/cis/whatever privilege"

too obvious, be more subtle next time

>putting a space between greentext and your own perspective is reddit spacing now
Holy shit, what a fucking lame excuse for not having your own argument. Is this better? and here is the article, tell me its wrong...qz.com/1435885/data-shows-more-us-terror-attacks-by-right-wing-and-religious-extremists/

Freedom of speech means the state cannot punish you for your words. A non-state entity can do whatever it wants retards.

Is there any good books about stasi or any other form of secret/thought police?

good argument, I thought Yea Forums was the place to go to have intellectual debates, I guess I was wrong...keep your hand in sand like all the other conservatives when their beliefs are questioned, ignorance is bliss, right?

>Yes, because 90% of garbage men or other positions of manual labor in the country aren't exclusively males
Maybe we should hire people based on merit and willingness to do the job and not genitals?

>You are not being screwed over by the State which can be way way worse?

lolbergs/liberals belong in the past century. the public/private dichotomy no longer exists.

see

>muh merit
this isn't how our country is run and you know it, don't give me this bullshit...wealth and being part of the in-group is what runs shit in America, you can't be that ignorant, can you?

>Yes, because 90% of CEO's or other positions of power in the country aren't exclusively males...it's not equal, females and other groups are still being held down.

Equality of opportunity =/= Equality of outcome

You are not seeking an argument.

That islam tweet is such basic bitch shit, are these really the type big questions your ask yourself as a university professor? You probably even slaved through years of a PhD and still felt this opinion was worth sharing on twitter.

How so? Did Bernie and AOC sieze the memes of production while I wasn't paying attention?

Yea but no one was complaining about black people freedom of speech being suppressed back then do they?

Wait so it's wealth that grants privileges, not just the virtue of having a penis? Is that what you're saying? Because I agree with that.

>the public/private dichotomy no longer exists.
Nuh uh?

Attached: 1534782826523.jpg (324x271, 16K)

AOC needs to distribute that pussy to the working class

>Freedoms can only be abrogated by the government

brb getting my slavin' hat

Attached: 71CM9GWK-SL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 142K)

Yes, people were complaining. See: the entirety of the Civil Rights movement.

Welp, I'm gonna get off for today, this was too much for me.

If you have an intelligent opinion, I will take your words into consideration. Most anti-feminists like you spout the same shit over and over again, I'm always hoping for a fresh perspective to maybe help me reconsider but sadly, its just "they are crying over nothing but hatred towards the white man" when that's objectively false....you do realize you are agreeing with me though, that they aren't being given the same opportunities and thats why feminism is still necessary. I didn't even mention anything about wealth.

But they weren't complaining about the lack of freedom of speech retard. That is literally my entire point. Why are you being so obtuse?

>you have the right to say what you like...and duh gubmint has the right to lock you up for it

No more arguments then? Sad!

Is freedom of speech not a civil right? I'm pretty sure it is.

Yes, I will even say wealth is the most important thing over gender, we can agree on that..however, when money is held constant, there will still be gender and race discrimination.

I literally don't know what securitate is, was it romanian or something?

Yea but they were not whining about their freedom of speech being trampled during the Civil Rights movement itself idiot. If anything they were using their freedom of speech for maximum impact.

Then maybe address the whole wealth thing rather than insist that all men hold some special privilege regardless of their actual social status.

that's a whole other argument I wage constantly against /pol/fags who don't realize they are ironically fighting to keep the elites in control. Don't mistake me for a femanazi who is blind to anything else but gender inequality, I just understand what real feminism is and why it is necessary. That's the only point I'm making.

>Yea but they were not whining about their freedom of speech being trampled during the Civil Rights movement itself idiot.
Yes they were. Read a book. Exercising their right to speech in the face of suppression is exactly what they were doing.

Are you suggesting that you're longer to complain about the suppression of free speech?

>professor wasn’t fired; he resigned
I was pointing out you can legally be fired for that in the UK. I'm objecting to user's point that freedom of speech will stop you getting fired in the UK because of some American notion, when it won't because the UK does not share the same free speech laws. You're replying to a lot of posts and seem to not comprehend that there are two different legal systems across the two countries as anything more than "/pol/tards with a chip on your shoulder and an agenda". You might want to demonstrate your comprehension before criticising others, turnabout being fair play and all.

And the only point that I'm making is that the current wave of feminism is more concerned with dictating how men should express their own gender identity than it is with things like wealth disparity.

A public university is a part of the state or national government.

>university database
>no data peer reviewed
Try again.

Who the fuck cares if the boot on your neck is actually a stilletto lmao

This guy is a fucking idiot lmao