Reading lolita on public transport

>reading lolita on public transport
do people judge you for this?

Attached: 1536331110553.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Judge you for your shit taste maybe

well what books do you read then?

Dont worry user I had pic related on my desk at work for about two weeks.

Attached: forbidden.jpg (1515x2184, 552K)

the vast majority of people don't know about this book. the few who do either like it or don't like it but admit the prose is superb and it should be read.
so just go read it.

Attached: noice.png (350x400, 50K)

read it a few years ago but i'm re-reading it. it's just that most people are familiar with the word lolita and associate it with pedophilia, so i'm worried that people might think i'm a pedophile.

>most people are familiar with the word lolita
hm, don't know about that. not doubting it, just really don't know.
but, even if that is true, you can still just follow the general rule that people just don't care about others when on comute.
unless its one of those editions with a really suggestive cover, i'd say you're safe. go for it.

Attached: finally_free.jpg (1230x820, 147K)

Based

A few months ago I saw a woman reading the French translation of "Lolita" on the train.

Unfortunately, I was with my girlfriend, so I wasn't able to profess my love to her.

I did that, it was pretty funny when a little girl next to me tried to imitate me with her kids book.

>reading on public transport
is there anything more pretentious, more attention seeking?

Attached: 2qqf0r.jpg (675x1200, 47K)

>reading in public

>reading

>r

>

I always read on public transport, and when someone is sitting next to me or in front of me I usually flash them a knowing smile and prop my book up so that they can see the cover while I'm reading. There is nothing more intellectually dominating than reading in public.

Attached: DzPaTbbW0AANZ2_.jpg (720x480, 81K)

>the vast majority of people don't know about this book
We don’t all live in the US, user.

yes, caring about what other people do with their free time.
if i'm spending two hours on comute to and from work, might as well use it for reading.

based

yeah, i also don't. i thought that my less than perfect english would give it away, but you're clearly not smart enough for that.

Attached: sight.png (500x375, 301K)

All I saw was the film and I wasn't expecting it to be a comedy.

nobody gives a single flying shit about you

bugs...
ok newfriend

>reading lolita on the bus
>13yo girl keeps looking at me
>she moves to the seat in front of me
>she asks me to tell me what the book is about
>I tell her
>and that's how I met my gf

If i see someone reading this book in public ill drag it out of their hands and smack them for good measure and call him/her a disgusting pedophile.

And no. I havent even read the book and i dont care about your faggotry

In prison?

people legit kept trying to subtly take photos of me reading this

Attached: 51Td4T4EE2L.jpg (312x500, 38K)

dang the crestfallen knight really is a chad

Hilarious. I thought her arm was a saggy grandma titty at first glance.

I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich on the train these days, old edition with a big honkin' swastika on the cover. Have gotten a few looks but much less than expected. I wouldn't worry about being seen with Lolita.

this one

Attached: TheRiseandFalloftheThirdReich.jpg (186x275, 19K)

legend

>he can’t drive places because he lives in a city
AHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHHAHH

Attached: F80083A9-D1B5-463E-8443-9828EE958500.jpg (116x116, 4K)

My half black friend would read Mein Kampf on the Munich subway lmao. He would constantly get looks, but, I as a white person, probably wouldn't have gotten away with the same thing.

>my 17 years old sister in law watching lolita
she's pretty /li/ too

Attached: jjjjjjjj.jpg (472x645, 39K)

who cares what book you read out in public? face it, almost any title of a book is considered obscure to the average NPC bugman they wouldn't even glance or care.

your wife's little sister?

yeah how the fuck does that one work? it's that or his brother's 17 year old wife?

How fucking hard is it? Its not uncommon to have a 7-10years difference between siblings. Just do the math...

as this user saysbut the truth is that english is not my first language and on/in ? spanish we have a word for your girlfriend sister, it's the same word with your wife but ok

Its like asking for it.

Attached: wut2.jpg (400x323, 51K)

Madlad

Hot

You’re right. Everyone should play candy crush on their phone instead.

I'm on public transport for 3-4 hours per day, what else am I supposed to do?

how new are you?

Should I start with Lolita or The Luzhin Defense?

normies don't even know what it is. normies can't name any books besides harry potter