I know that talented writers browse this board. Reveal yourselves at once!

I know that talented writers browse this board. Reveal yourselves at once!

Attached: 1538816769444.png (326x317, 83K)

Patrick Rothfuss here no I'm never finishing the third book so suck my dick trump supporters nazi frog incel fucks

who

Im talented! AMA

>Irish user who wrote amazing poems

>that dude writing a blank verse epic about the Iraq War

>that dude writing the stream of consciousness novel about WW1 that starts in the trenches

>that dude writing the long poem about Appalachia

Nael

All were shit. What are you, a woman?

Today i was born. Tomorrow I was awake. I have seen my life fade away. I am Bane

Okay I admit it I have more talent in one of my eyelashes than the rest of Yea Forums has in their entire bodies combined
I really didn't want to have to say it but you left me with no choice

If the Muse presents unmasked, maybe.
If the mood is also opportune,
the weather featuring fine scent,
the sounds predominantly instrumental

Yet suggestive of a heady rut,
Such must exalt the sense involved
Less awkwardly than logic does if stripped

Of shades felt, the heft of ecstasy.

>newfag pretends he’s been here long enough to know wtf that post is talking about

Ayyy

I'm actually a pretty talented orator, but most of my everyday vocabulary are various swears so I can keep people at bay in regards to knowing me. Also
>be great at speaking since you were a kid
>start reading epic poems
>realize if you were born 2000 fucking years ago you might've been able to be some historical big shot
>realize your skill is useless in today's world
>feelsbadman

You missed /ourguy/ birdboi

hi yes I'm james Joyce

What is that post talking about? Any useful terms to search for on a site like warosu or whatever?

Tell me more I’m not familiar

4poet on tumblr is a collection of poems by Irish user

The Appalachia poem starts out “It ain’t Appalachia brought down from heaven,”

bonjour je suis Céline

nique les modos
nique les nègres
nique les juifs

bien à vous

Willy Faulks checking in.

Attached: 3396F018-744F-4B7F-9C4D-07AC56383A44.jpg (350x279, 18K)

Why should I?

Attached: FA082118-C02A-4E1C-ABCB-FB534DB599E3.gif (500x380, 994K)

butterly arent u like 35 and living in an attic?

Older.
I command a battalion from an undisclosed location.

I'm not a talented writer but I'm friends with two NYT Bestselling authors. One unironically writes YA and the other writes non-fiction. AMA.

>talented

redneck here, i left for a while cuz im SJW but hey

Attached: holler_v2.jpg (862x1515, 197K)

>can't stay on one topic
>can effortlessly talk for ages on everything if no one stops me
>no idea how to apply myself to anything:
>user, you could be a politician- They are all sell outs
>user you could be a philosopher- no ideas on philosophy that someone already hasn't said
>user you could be a comedian- did a routine on the spot for some roommates with the pauses and laughs- nothing actually funny and original to say

What do?

Dude sick, are you writing the next Leaves of Grass? How much have you written?

this poem's first iterations was at like 3000 words, but the revision im doing is expanding it a lot, im like one and a half (out of like 6) cantos in and im at like 1500, but im also writing other poems in the meantime to prevent me from burning out super hard

Why don't you give mommy milkies to anons in need?

The hero we need.

I'm not dead.

Attached: 23-thomas-pynchon-2.w245.h368.jpg (245x368, 29K)

Sweet. Unironically this sounds great. Do you plan to have it published?

yeah, im focusing on pubbing smaller pieces in magazines while i take my time with it tho

got a few pieces in some now!

>you got me partner
Jonh Green here ask me anything

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

The joke flew over your head. Forget about the user who made the post, but instead contemplate the severed head, a gharish simulacrum, of some carciature of Patrick Rothfuss as it ruefully types out harsh invectives to posters on a Korean knife-dual-wielding-technique message board. Think about the implications of what that would reveal about the character of the ghost of Meme-Rothfuss, replying endlessly to himself in the Library of Babel where mods do it for free.

a YA series subverting the tropes of YA like GRRM did to high fantasy except still keeping the material at a tv-14 rating

how exactly did grrm subvert anything again?

Remember last year when we were collaboratively writing that folklore piece ? That was pretty fucking cool before it inevitably fizzled out.

at me next time fucking pussy. two words. MORAL RELATIVISM.

unironically good, where are you publishing?

Ok Mr green. Why are you such a faggot?

thanks, for this piece? idk
for other works, i got 3 in a uni magazine, there's a non-uni one my prof thinks im a shoe in for, and i think(?) an up and coming magazine called Lammergeier that a friend got me to submit to.
im still revising my best stuff though like pic-related (which is fun, but gonna have to look for magazines that publish stuff like it)

Attached: WIP.jpg (1226x790, 140K)

Oops, my bad.

Should it really be celebrated that for genre fiction, a concept as simple as moral ambiguity is considered subversive? I see that Tolkien and Lewis really did a number on high fantasy as a whole there. It's cool that grrm is trying to unfuck their legacy I suppose.

Yeah. Not joking.

YA especially lacks it. Edgy teems will lap this shit up. I have a plan broder. This is not writing from the heart but it’ll do.

Richie Bachman, checking in.

thanks for reminding me of where the red fern grows user. that was a comfy book. good poem

SELF CONSCIOUSNESS IN WHITMAN

We act according to what we are and also according to what we think we are. This is the human distinction. We alone, of all the creatures, behave in a manner which is altered by our self perception. Neither mouse nor macaque moves different knowing "scurry" from "dance."

The human actor knows his character. He attempts to play it. He plays before others. He also plays to himself, which I now treat of. Thought is monologue: the performance of the self to the self. In the act of witnessing the self perform to the self, there is criticism. Here I use the word criticism in it's full, evaluative and interpretive sense, without necessarily meaning negative criticism. The criticism of the self by the self may be categorized as follows

1. Shame before the self

2. Grandiosity before the self

Shame before the self is the sensation of embarrassment at one's own thoughts, imaginary actions, words or ideas. Grandiosity before the self is the feeling of vindication and pride before the self-- it involves being swayed by the self's own rhetoric. By now it should be clear that there are two selves. There is the self that speaks the monologue, and the self that hears it. There is the self that acts, and the self that criticizes. This is the essence of self consciousness. Each thought or act is shadowed by the critic, and each spoken word (or act) contains traces of the opposite and antagonistic forces which gave birth to it. In other words all self conscious action and speech is an interminable, braiding irony. We may wonder where it began and where it goes.

Here is a fantastic example from Whitman:
O baffled, balk’d, bent to the very earth,

Oppress’d with myself that I have dared to open my mouth,

Aware now that amid all that blab whose echoes recoil upon me I have not once had the least idea who or what I am,

But that before all my arrogant poems the real Me stands yet untouch’d, untold, altogether unreach’d,

Withdrawn far, mocking me with mock-congratulatory signs and bows,

With peals of distant ironical laughter at every word I have written,

Pointing in silence to these songs, and then to the sand beneath.

-from "As I Ebb'd with the Ocean of Life"
Note the splendid irony that Whitman is invoking the critical-shameful-anxious self while speaking out in a written poem. The act of writing a poem is undertaken by the speaking-grandiose-acting self.

Anxiety may be described as the antithesis of acting; as a refusal of an act which we have considered taking. It is a refusal to play the character of the grandiose self, for fear that the critical self will attack it. The fear can only be resolved by choosing to end self consciousness or by reconfiguring the critical self into action.

This is the sense in which written language is crystalized irony. It is a hard formed residue of self conscious thought pressed out between antagonistic voices of the self.

My writing has gotten me laid, does that count?

What do I read to write like you? What poets do you read a lot? I like your work user.

Attached: 1545282448369-1.png (611x919, 141K)

Attached: 2341242424.png (722x603, 127K)

Lolita of solestry when?

Attached: 2435645645656.png (826x1196, 222K)

Frank Stanford, David Bottoms, H.D., Danez Smith, and T.S. Eliot are probably who I'd say are my favs rn. Im sure once Sumita Chakraborty releases her collection she's gonna shoot way up, because "And Death Demands a Labor" and "Dear, Beloved" are absolute masterworks.

Also be really poor and from a shitty racist family in Georgia you havent told you're bi but not want that to make you not southern, lol