Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RLSUwguTDE
youtu.be/tkSNnR0aZTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hook me up with that nightcore 'Book of Love' cover

He cute

He's right, though.

But he is correct.
Haven't been reading too much ligotti yet but it certainly is a lot of LMAO NOTHING. Not that this particularly bad but it is certainly there. Or not there for that matter.

holy shit when will the youtuber discussion end?

Has this nigga actually read the book?
>"Universe is MALIGNANTLY USELESS"
>this is probably just grandstanding to look cool, but to say that something is useless, you presuppose that something useful exists. etc.. who gives a fuck.
There's a lengthy endnote where Ligotti explains his use of "useless" instead of typically nihilistic "meaningless"

>Pisses me off though that some dumb teenager might get this book then possibly hang themselves, but either way, if you hang yourself ur dumb as shit...
The book makes a convincing case AGAINST suicide. Ligotti takes time to justify why he himself isn't suicidal

>The fundamental truth about why we're here is still : MYSTERY.
Holy...I want more

>"yadda yadda strawmanning exoteric readings of religions to strengthen my clearly *toxic* atheism"
Somebody took christian LARPing on Yea Forums seriously LMAO

>british accent
>jewish face
like clockwork

stop promoting this faggot

When THIS ends.

i hate how hard he is pandering to Yea Forums and i hate that it works on you

>that thumbnail
HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW CHANNERS! LE MAYMAYS!
not clicking that

complete brainlet who is also insufferable, ive seen no redeeming qualities from.this video

youtube.com/watch?v=8RLSUwguTDE

boomer nihilism

Attached: DtRk4FYW0AcnF4F.jpg (1200x352, 63K)

Jewish face?

>The book makes a convincing case AGAINST suicide. Ligotti takes time to justify why he himself isn't suicidal
Care to elaborate?

This guy is just like me except superior in every single way.

*Nova Scotian accent
*Anglo face

>doomer cope

The book's convincing case against suicide is basically: There's no point either way.

Ligotti is a mentally ill dude trapped in anhedonia and prescribed meds for it. His worldview is pretty much the symptom of a society driven by mechanistic thinking about the need for function and utility. His ideal world is one where everyone is enlightened (???) and has no ego, i.e. where everything just runs like clockwork.

> "One gasps to hear scientists swooning over the universe or any part thereof like schoolgirls overheated by their first crush. (Albert Einstein, Karl Popper, Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, many others.) From the studies of Krafft-Ebbing onward, we know that it is possible to become excited about anything—from shins to shoes. But it would be nice if just one of these gushing eggheads would step back and, as a concession to objectivity, speak the truth: THERE IS NOTHING INNATELY IMPRESSIVE ABOUT THE UNIVERSE OR ANYTHING IN IT."

you seriously going to stand up for someone who thinks that the universe is objectively not impressive? is Ligotti on crack?

He thinks he's a British Sam Hyde when he's not.

Attached: 1491983905624.jpg (429x429, 145K)

How are they similar

I want his chin so bad, that is all.

They aren't. That's the problem. Every youtube channel with a comedic bent is basically trying to be MDE now. Basically what Tim and Eric was to Youtube channels back in 2012.

Attached: 0b505250cdbeb68bba0bc11afe4fa8cfd8d28e12.jpg (960x1080, 143K)

How is he trying to be MDE

MDE was accused of being like Tim and Eric back in the day as well, so I guess you're right

What the fuck was the song in the opening of the videos with the cars going in reverse? I couldn’t Shazam it :(

The book's case against suicide is humans being wired to be terrified of it. Suicide may make sense logically, but evolution has designed it to be the most traumatic experience one can possibly imagine. This is Ligotti's answer to the popular "why dont you just le kill urself xD" argument often thrown to antinatalists - there's a very big difference between non-existence, and existence converted into non-existence through the mortifying act of dying.

youtu.be/tkSNnR0aZTw
/ourguys/

Whats impressive about the Universe?
It's pointlessly gigantic, mostly empty and cold space with random junk floating in circles, until some of that junk gets large enough to burn. There are no spacefaring civilizations to befriend or culturally exchange (read: fuck) with, no lovecraftian monsters who eat planets whole, no higher intellects constructing dyson rings everywhere, no mysterious rifts in space, no habitable planets just waiting to be explored. Just cold, rocky shit floating around.

Other than surreal comedy, how are they similar?
Plenty of people, shows, performances do that.

the fuck is up with that antelope?

>There are no spacefaring civilizations to fuck
Kek

But like... Bro... You ever smoked DMT bro?

Seems like a pretty pussified way of looking at existence user

stop shilling yourself quentin no one cares

and fuck you for making light of Linkola. fag