Might is right

Opinion on this one?
I really enjoyed this one.
Also dropping some subtle redpills.

Attached: 41XxENZ7DtL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (333x499, 26K)

Never read the book, but the title itself is stupid.

Sounds gay

definitely not subtle. I read this around the same time as Mencken's book on Nietzsche, both felt like they opened my eyes without the burden of david duke style embarrassing ranting

smart is right. the mighty exist to work the land so the smart may take their harvest. viva la capitalism.

redpills as subtle as the title I hope

There are many different kinds of intelligence, arguably the kind that leads to success in this current neoliberal service economy could be considered a kind of might. After all, academics, philosophers, great writers (inb4 there none nowadays), politicians, even professional chess players and people who play similar mental sports are all making a living in a field where intellect is more important than physical prowess or other superficial attributes yet they're not the ones at the "top of the heap" by any means. CEOs, corporate big shots, Howard Roark types, I think the kind of intelligence they possess and utilise is a kind of might. Look at the kind of language used to describe the environment they live in, boardroom assassination, corporate warfare, etc. It's very martial, militaristic.

How do you do, fellow Yeshu-loving gentile? As a goy myself I must say that your make a great point.

I was shitposting, but thanks for your considered response.

It should be the other way around, right is might.

>reading a book authored by "Ragnar Redbeard"
i seriously hope you guys don't do this

I much prefer books written by “David Goldstein”

>The substance of this book, as it is expressed in the editor's preface, is that to measure "right" by the false philosophy of the Hebrew prophets and "weepful" Messiahs is madness. Right is not the offspring of doctrine, but of power. All laws, commandments, or doctrines as to not doing to another what you do not wish done to you, have no inherent authority whatever, but receive it only from the club, the gallows, and the sword. A man truly free is under no obligation to obey any injunction, human or divine. Obedience is the sign of the degenerate. Disobedience is the stamp of the hero.

>Expressed in the form of a doctrine these positions startle us. In reality they are implied in the ideal of art serving beauty. The art of our upper classes has educated people in this ideal of the over-man, --- which is in reality the old ideal of Nero, Stenka Razin, Genghis Khan, Robert Macaire or Napoleon and all their accomplices, assistants, and adulators --- and it supports this ideal with all its might.

>It is this supplanting of the ideal of what is right by the ideal of what is beautiful, i.e. of what is pleasant, that is the fourth consequence, and a terrible one, of the perversion of art in our society. It is fearful to think of what would befall humanity were such art to spread among the masses of the people. And it already begins to spread.

BTFO'd by Tolstoy.

Attached: L.N.Tolstoy_Prokudin-Gorsky.jpg (353x500, 101K)

do you mean renowned geneticist David Goldstein? because that would be an excellent choice

It's just one measure of the times in which it was written. The 1890s version of a basement dwelling, kissless virgin neckbeard, using fantasies such as this to cover his ineptitude and shame.
On the other hand Tolstoy embraced it wholeheartedly, and Anton LaVay was so impressed by it that he used it as a foundation for the Satanic Bible.
Looking at it from an objective viewpoint, it's the perfect justification for a sociopath/psychopath behavior system.

/thread

>Tolstoy embraced it wholeheartedly

lol wut

>/threading your own post

All you did was insult the author. You expect someone to take you seriously?

>There are many different kinds of intelligence
meme

>subtle red pills
there's nothing subtle about it. It's actually very aesthetic, despite the coarse language.

Smart nerds are enslaved and extracted of their worth by smart and mighty chads.

Tolstoy embraced his ineptitude and shame and was honest with himself about how he felt and what to do about it.

>multiple intelligence meme
weak bait

Dude has dumb name, but he's right. X says "no you can't do that" so Y beats him over the head. If you think things have changed, you're delusional. Look at America going to war with Iraq. Most of the world said no, but Bush just fucked Iraq up anyway. Or Putin and Ukraine now. Reason is no match for human brutality.

That's not at all what his argument was.

People often mix up the statements "might makes right" and "might is right". Saying that "might makes right" is not a statement on morality, or how the world should be, it is a realization that might triumphs morality. On the other hand, saying "might is right" is an expressly moral statement.

This cope that you can only have one or the other is always used by brainlets and weaklings. Which are you? I suspect both.