ITT: Brainlets who willed themselves to brilliance

ITT: Brainlets who willed themselves to brilliance.

Attached: William_Butler_Yeats_by_George_Charles_Beresford.jpg (643x900, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DyhDnL4Z!pzNKs-YSZxGJSNFVxMzWrw
slate.com/culture/2013/04/balzac-and-sex-how-the-french-novelist-used-masturbation-to-fuel-his-writing-process.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's true.

Attached: Leo_Tolstoy,_portrait.jpg (2467x3362, 803K)

"If I had not made magic my constant study I could not have written a single word of my Blake book, nor would The Countess Kathleen have ever come to exist. The mystical life is the centre of all that I do and all that I think and all that I write." - Yeats

He 'willed' himself, but not in the traditional sense

>"If I had not made magic my constant study
redpill me on this

did Yeats get into that black magic shit? Is this how a dyslexic failure becomes an amazing poet?

By magic, he refers to his investigation into western esotericism. He was a member of the Golden Dawn, which is a hermetic organization that practiced the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus. He also founded another hermetic lodge with George Russell.

Russell went by the pseudonym AE and held meetings the tended toward occult/mysticism at his house. A lot of notable people attended these, including Joyce who has many references to Hermeticism and the occult throughout Ulysses and The Wake.

Hermeticism and the practice of magic was extremely influential to intellectuals throughout the ages, though it's been largely abandoned since Newton (who obsessed over alchemy and magic in his lifetime) brought upon the age of enlightenment.

Take from that what you will. The Gnosis Library website has some great resources and essential readings if you're interested in that sort of stuff.

It's true.

Attached: 1551142944526.png (171x266, 43K)

Flaubert and Balzac are the two best examples

How does that stuff work? What do you end up creating, or producing? I know nothing about magic, though I'm into spirituality.

Hegel

Balzac is insane to me, didn't he drink a shitload of coffee and go nofap? Seems like he basically purposefully brainwashed himself into hypergraphia and gave himself no outlet for all his energy except to write

pretty based I'd say

mega.nz/#F!DyhDnL4Z!pzNKs-YSZxGJSNFVxMzWrw
Read hermes.

>nofap
Balzac was the opposite of nofap, my friend. He would literally masturbate while writing at the same time

He wouldn't cum though.

me desu

Sauce on this

He got right up to the edge and then didn't let himself cum till he finished an entire book lmao

literal madman lol

slate.com/culture/2013/04/balzac-and-sex-how-the-french-novelist-used-masturbation-to-fuel-his-writing-process.html
Believed cumming drained your energy and gave nothing in return so he'd edge.

fucking based lmao

he honored the ballsack

This a thousand times. Yet there is a shocking value to his way of stating the obvious with so little of wit's aversion to what most readers already know well enough to avoid in life & conduct. No writer was ever so spectacularly lacking valor's better half, so he comes first for indiscretion's second place.

He had pretty eyes