The Bible says the earth is only 3000 years old

>the Bible says the earth is only 3000 years old

Why do atheists keep perpetuating this lie? Where in the Bible does it say that?

Attached: 244B1A40-7154-4526-A710-A91D3094DE15.jpg (1242x1201, 894K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP79B00752A000300070001-8.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why do protestants keep saying bullshit like that?
>book starts with creation
>first two humans
>then gives a direct genealogy that lists the years lived by descendants
Total mystery to me

That's metaphorical

So was the resurrection of Jesus, I guess

No that literally happened

Atheists don’t say ‘the bible says’, they say ‘Christians say’. It’s not in the bible but it is a common believe, especially among American evangelicals. To be clear, a 2017 Gallup poll found that somewhere in the ballpark of 40% of Americans believe the earth is less than 10,000 years old, so it’s not exactly a wild accusation to lodge against “Christians”.

Also, nobody says the earth is only 3000 years old. The earliest theological estimates say about 3700 BC, which is at least 5700 years. Most are in the ballpark of 6000 years.

Globecucks know nothing.

I thought it was 6000 and it was Christians that started this meme, literally by adding all the absurdly long lives of the lineage of David.

Damn sure would've been nice if they could've done some footnotes or something explaining all this huh?

Attached: mussolini-hitler500x367.png (500x367, 277K)

Oh yes because 6000 is so much more reasonable than 3000.

I hate American christianity.

They list a direct lineage from Adam to Joseph. So you add up the ages.
Also the lineage makes no sense because everyone is descended from adam. And Jesus wasn't fathered by Joseph.. the entire point of the story.

Basically, old testament is metaphorical and new testament is literal

Wrong

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP79B00752A000300070001-8.pdf

>He wants hand holding in literature
Well we found the brainlet.

Yeah there was a theologian who "did the math" and it came out to about 6k years. Funny people with trust the math of a dude counting numbers in the bible but not the swaths of mathematicians working on cosmology

thank you for this, cia pdfs never case to amaze me

its still heavily redacted and was only released to the public 4 years because of a freedom of information request

The divide between literal and metaphorical interpretations is as old as Christian theology itself.

Except that Genesis 1:26 literally states that man was created before Adam. Adam wasn't the first man in terms of human being, but rather the first man to be given the gift of reason and ethical judgement.

Now turn the page and read the second chapter of Genesis

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground. 7 Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

>literally couldn't get past the first page

>this amount of christkek damage control

Attached: image.jpg (657x527, 162K)

everyone knows it's real until proven fake then it's just a metaphor, there's people who unironically believe that noah's arc story is 100% real