As a brainlet who only reads about 350 wpm, I am never satisfied with my reading speed...

As a brainlet who only reads about 350 wpm, I am never satisfied with my reading speed. Is speed reading a viable option? Or is it just a sham that will make me lose all comprehension on what I’m reading.

Attached: 05D9D489-B81C-4DC4-B49D-DDD846DCADA1.jpg (1080x1349, 171K)

you’re way more of a brainlet for caring

Speed reading is a meme. Unless you're slogging a full 10 minutes for one or two pages, just read it at your own pace.

People on lit are so obsessed with the idea of the consumption of knowledge and ideas through reading that it's shocking they're so anti-capitalist. It's such a weird utilitarian reduction to think that if you blow through a text you'd get the same thing from it than if you read it thoughtfully.

How do you expect books to change you and your mind if you don't give them the time they deserve?

Speed is a meme. Concentration is why people can't finish books. A typical 60,000 word book can be read in the time it takes to watch a movie, if you read at 350 a minute and focus.

I'm 250

I'm 300

You shouldn't be reading a book as fast as your max wpm imo. I reread lines and paragraphs multiple times before moving on and try to spend at least a couple minutes on every page. There's no point in reading a book in 2 hours if you don't spend time rereading certain passages or if you don't take the time to think about what's being presented to you.

Not really sure what the consumption of knowledge has to do with capitalism per se; it’s one of the rare things that’s a commodity but doesn’t serve an empty purpose. For this reason I don’t find it completely synonymous with capitalism. If a reader does indeed consume knowledge in this way it’s only superficial and I know many in academia do.

>350 a minute
>time it takes to watch a movie
>350*120
>42,000
Something............................. doesn't add up

>all movies are 120 minutes long

top speed readers go slow and subvocalize novels apparantly. so yeah useless skill. helax

Speed depends on the book. I can read a song of ice n fire half asleep at 2x the speed of a classic like Moby dick

Holy shit 350? I thought the average was like 250. I can't read faster than 180 without being able to understand most of what I just read

150 here. I only read books I really enjoy and like to take my time. If I read some self help or science shit, I listen to audio version at 2.7x speed to let my eyes rest.

Attached: 1551292655511.jpg (807x861, 138K)

Same bro
I'm a fucking speedlet and brainlet

Read aloud, always. Correct reading is a form of oratory. A word without proper inflection is literal trash. Thats how the great great Greeks did it (although they read very little).

it takes me 10 minutes to finish a page.

Lel you brainlet

I can't read.

>it’s one of the rare things that’s a commodity but doesn’t serve an empty purpose

This is reflective of your own judgements concerning purpose and lack there of. This has more to say about you and how you assign value as opposed to some inherent lack of worth in any and all commodities. The problem is in YOUR analysis and YOUR assumptions. Fucking nigger

>Yea Forums

Must feel embarrassing to forget to clean your name field