What LitRPG book do you recommend?

(Trying to find a GOOD one to read)

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BAF7vybpq7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sorry, a what?

Literature Role Playing Games.
They basically combine sci-fi fantasy and gaming.
Supposedly it gives you the feeling that you are playing a game.
I have heard about it somewhere online, but I don't know with which one to start with.

I don't think this is the board for that, user

Is it a game or not?

It is not a game. It is a book genre which I would like to try out.
Basically it is as if you where reading other players play a game (the storyline; the leveling; the strategy; the decision making; even what they say on the chat).

I found this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=BAF7vybpq7Q

search the Yea Forums catalog for /sffg/ and ask there

>reading/writing novels about some NEETs playing WoW

Any free examples? I am interested in how cringe this stuff is

holy fuck I can't believe this is a real thing

I recently read the Threadbear trilogy. It held my interest, but the constant gaming references sort of detracted from the storytelling. I am probably not going to bother with sny other book advertising that its LitRPG,just to avoid bring similarly annoyed.

So it's your fault we're drowning in these people right now.

I don't get it, is it like a Western and written form of isekai?

So its like reading a transcript of some people playing DnD? Why not just play DnD.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. An opinion by someone that read one.

So it's basically a D&D campaign transcript?

This isn't literature

IIRC this format actually comes from Japan, they have been selling these transcripted tabletop RPG sessions for a while. I don't get the appeal, I'd rather just read an ordinary book or play an actual RPG session.

The Threadbear novels involve a sentient teddy bear,animated through magic and trying to locate his owner. An interesting premise,so I picked up the first book. It had a story to tell,but in the middle of doing so,you had the interjection of the "game narrator",announcing the particular character's new Levels,Classes,Unlocked Jobs and other technical detritus, and the people know that they are in a game as well,since they awkwardly chat about their statistics and abilities. I can see using some game system for a reference when writing the gradual growth of a character, but to constantly harp about it within the text is an aquired taste at best.

The novels DID entertain, and since I am both interested in roleplaying games and the concept,decided to stick through the three books. But it could have been handled better. In fact,Yatzee Crowshaw debuted a wonderful book called Mogworld that took the whole Stuck in a Videogame thing to intriguing places,and I recommend that book highly if you were curious about it. Otherwise,sit your ass down in a Barnes and Noble,find a LitRPG book with an interesting premise,then open it to the middle and read. Then see if you can stomach the genre.

Attached: IMAG005 (1).jpg (800x600, 75K)

Disgusting

Planescape: Torment