Bond bemoaned the fact that her blog posts did not count towards tenure even though, puzzlingly, she has tenure...

>Bond bemoaned the fact that her blog posts did not count towards tenure even though, puzzlingly, she has tenure, or so she told us. She claimed to have written over 170,000 words over the past two years on her own blog and various other blogs. This writing was the equivalent of “two books over the past two years that I got almost no tenure credit for.” She wanted to encourage universities to look at “outreach” activities like blog posts when assessing candidates for tenure and promotion in order to “break away from the monograph as the model for who gets tenure.” She objected to the fact that she was granted tenure only because of a single scholarly monograph.

quillette.com/2019/02/26/how-i-was-kicked-out-of-the-society-for-classical-studies-annual-meeting/

Why didn't she simply turn her blog posts into a couple of books?

Attached: sarah bond circle.png (400x400, 276K)

I’d like to see her get blacked

To be honest, I think she'd be into it.

Attached: blacked.jpg (717x1055, 283K)

They’re all into it.

Classics truly is the best major
Why did Socrates argue for his own death?

how i fucking loathe professors who try to be current and make the students make blogs and other trash

>CE

>Why did Socrates argue for his own death?

Because he wanted to die.

Attached: CxWp6-0XUAU11nB.jpg (747x682, 182K)

We owe a cock to Æsclepius.

Fuck me that article was hard to read.

Because of society?

That Padilla Peralta fellow is very disturbed.

Consider the following paragraph from an article he wrote recently (in response to the events detailed in OP's link):

>The most maddening aspect of Saturday’s episode was in some respects the most predictable. Seeing as no one in that room or in the conference corridors afterwards rallied to the defense of blackness as a cornerstone of my merit, I will now have to repeat an argument that will be familiar to critical race scholars of higher education but that is barely legible to the denizens of #classicssowhite. I should have been hired because I was black: because my Afro-Latinity is the rock-solid foundation upon which the edifice of what I have accomplished and everything I hope to accomplish rests; because my black body’s vulnerability challenges and chastizes the universalizing pretensions of color-blind classics; because my black being-in-the-world makes it possible for me to ask new and different questions within the field, to inhabit new and different approaches to answering them, and to forge alliances with other scholars past and present whose black being-in-the-world has cleared the way for my leap into the breach.

Attached: Dan-el Padilla Peralta.jpg (603x450, 52K)

>Why didn't she simply turn her blog posts into a couple of books?

Justin Murphy is planning this very thing. His idea is to outline a book, do one blog post per chapter, and combine and revise the whole thing. It makes a lot of sense.

I'm ready for Trump to declare himself emperor and turn America into a fascist state now. It's got to be better than whatever future these people want to lead us towards.

Attached: npc.jpg (408x431, 12K)

>implying I'm going to take anyone seriously who uses the term "black bodies" unironically

Confusing to me too.

Wasn't Christianity on the rise then? And I thought Dionysian cults died out by then...

were the posts peer-reviewed?

How the fuck are you going to know or care what an author looks like? Plebs hate books because text is entirely meritocratic. Same reason I'm on Yea Forums. No clout, no identities, just content.

/thread

>Wasn't Christianity on the rise then? And I thought Dionysian cults died out by then...

Dude, you still had hardcore pagans well into the 500s.

Consider the infamous events of 392.

Attached: 392.jpg (923x879, 299K)

That's clearly a woman, who is this stupid bitch?

>who is this stupid bitch?

She's one of the more important 'Twitter Classicists'. She's influential and something of a red guard if you know what I mean.