The key to education is the experience of beauty

The key to education is the experience of beauty.

Attached: Weimar_Goethe-Schiller-Denkmal_2012_02.jpg (2674x2602, 2.5M)

that's real deep

Is this a quote?

Attached: 1442117690724.jpg (640x640, 85K)

As true as Jesucrist is both God and Human.

Goethe is so fucking based,

Yes, from Schiller's On the Aesthetic Education of Man

Attached: schiller-at-weimar-granger.jpg (900x742, 178K)

>Goethe famously met Napoleon, who had read his Werther six time during battle; Napoleon, famously commented, upon seeing Goethe, “voilà un homme!” or “now here’s a real man!”

Attached: GW218H242.jpg (218x242, 20K)

The meeting of two Overmen

>As Bettina von Arnim must have guessed, the relationship between the urbane, worldly Goethe – Privy Counsellor at the Weimar court, as well as a national cultural hero – and the composer described by Cherubini as ‘an unlicked bear’ was never going to be easy. After Beethoven left Teplitz, he told Breitkopf & Härtel: ‘Goethe delights in the court atmosphere far more than is becoming to a poet. Is there any point in talking about absurdities of virtuosos, when poets, who should be regarded as the nation’s first teachers, forget everything for the sake of this glitter?’

>Goethe’s social attitudes, like his musical tastes, were shaped in a more formal age. For Beethoven, 21 years his junior, the only true aristocrats were artists. In the mythology, his disillusionment was clinched by Goethe’s behaviour when they encountered royalty in the street, as reported 20 years later by Bettina: ‘Beethoven said to Goethe: keep walking as you have until now, holding my arm, they must make way for us, not the other way around. Goethe thought differently; he drew his hand, took off his hat and stepped aside, while Beethoven, hands in pockets, went right through the dukes and their cortege... They drew aside to make way for him, saluting him in friendly fashion. Waiting for Goethe who had let the dukes pass, Beethoven told him: “I have waited for you because I respect you and I admire your work, but you have shown too much esteem to those people.”’

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x675, 60K)

Attached: Dr2OUbSU8AAQvT8.jpg (1174x422, 62K)

real recognise real

You mock!

"We gotta respect the Eternal Feminine"

THAT'S WHY MY MIRROR GIVES OUT PHDS, BITCH!

so based

What if you have never or can't experience beauty? Now what?

Attached: cursed chihuahua image.jpg (632x632, 223K)

Then you a dumdum

We call them rightwingers

SHUT THE FUCK UP BUTTERDYKE. Show your fucking face so we can see the fat ugly dyke posting behind your lame trip name

*left-wingers
ftfy

Not a camwhore.

Attached: 56E304A3-F418-490D-A786-A2A181304207.jpg (1920x1200, 801K)

based white ancestors

>Napoleon was reading Werther during battles

yeah nah

Definy beauty

>Beethoven stating bluntly the intrinsic superiority of the artist à la Michelangelo
>Goethe understanding the proper social value of protocol and thus not ascribing any intrinsic value to it

Both very based

I dont know anything about teaching, i feel sorry for the dumb turds who choose that profession.

What i think being a teacher comes down to is aesthetics and performance.

Like i dont know anything about being a teacher but if i had to be a teacher i wouldnt study education. I would study theater and performance art.

John dewy also suggests that people learn while doing, which makes sense. Today kids youre going to make me a sandwich and you are going to learn about the concept of weight and pounds

Define define.

D-damn, Schiller looks like THAT?

Schiller was based. A shame that Nietzsche gets posted so often on here but rarely Schiller; young Nietzsche's aesthetic sensibility and his Birth of Tragedy drew so much from Schiller's Aesthetic Letters.

Attached: Schiller.jpg (2304x3456, 2.6M)

>I listened with a calm face, and I replied, with a smile of satisfaction, that I didn’t know whether anyone had ever made the same criticism, but that I found it perfectly justified, and that I agreed that one could find fault with this passage’s lack of authenticity. ‘But,’ I added, ‘a poet can perhaps be excused for taking refuge in an artifice which is hard to spot, when he wants to produce certain effects that could not be created simply and naturally.’

>The Emperor seemed to agree with me; he returned to drama and made some very sensible remarks, as a man who had observed the tragic stage with a great deal of attention, like a criminal judge, and who felt very deeply how far French theatre had strayed from nature and truth.

>He went on to talk about fatalistic plays, of which he disapproved. They belonged to the dark ages. ‘Why, today, do they keep giving us destiny?’ he said. ‘Destiny is politics.’

Attached: Charles_Meynier_-_Napoleon_in_Berlin.png (1400x935, 2.3M)