The NTL Learning Pyramid

Yea Forums is a leaky bucket that loses 90% of what we read

Attached: 9D0AB65A-CBD4-4393-BF99-B1BF42D78306.jpg (566x748, 70K)

it would be to easy otherwise

Do you have a single fact to back this chart up?

you’ll forget 90% of it, the way you do

They'll remember %30 of it, and since I put it into writing I'll remember %70. Heh. Read your own post kiddo

so Yea Forums is the answer to everything, is that it, champ

Attached: 4B692D0C-63C7-4764-A32A-EEB84719FAFF.jpg (500x477, 54K)

Who said I'm looking for an answer, babe?
Maybe I'm just looking to kill some time on this damned rock. *tch*

> Implying complete verbatim memorization of whatever crap you read is good

Attached: giphy.gif (480x346, 3.77M)

It would be.

I definitely aim for that for sure. I am an extremely good reader

How do you do it

Make a summary of everything you’ve read and write it down. Make sure you remember and record terms and definitions.

Make sure you understand

This looks like an IQ diagram
10% remember what they read while 90% of plebs require netflix to retain any type of information

Attached: A8C5AFDB-6732-48F1-8B62-2712A6CDD767.png (1362x1586, 317K)

Very deSelbyesque

That's not a pyramid, it's a trapezoid

no u

>Do the real thing
But what if the real thing I'm doing is literature?

Just read everything 10 times.

Just write about whatever you read for a bit, maybe use it towards something, and discuss it on lit. That should be good enough.

for the pyramid reading alone isn’t doing

That's not verbatim memorisation though, which is really bad. You're not understanding or thinking, you're mindlessly forcing yourself to be able to recall strings of text, which is just inefficient. If you understand, you can recall, elaborate, recreate, and build upon the original text without even trying. It's much better even if your only criterion is recollection. Also, without extreme reinforcement you will soon forget the things you have memorised, whereas understanding falls within your wider mind and will be reinforced and developed as you read and think in general.

So if I read out loud, my retention goes up to 70%

Don't need to read aloud. Just speak without voice or air expulsion.

you have to create, so reading the text aloud is just parroting

Shitposting about it gets you to a 100%.

Reading isn't a learning process, it's an experience. You're not supposed to "learn" what happens in literature, because images and concepts are sequenced to suggest a reality (like a dream), not to instruct (like a manual).

I meant reading literature, by the way. Reading a textbook or something for school is different, I'll concede.

Makes sense. Started doing this with Heidegger and am making it through more or less okay (I’d say about a 70% retention rate; only need to go back for the occasional definition)

Attached: 64AC0101-0C6A-4BA8-B000-D720CACFBFA0.png (628x770, 244K)

huh, so that´s how normies remember stuff?