Tear-jerkers

Books your not embarrassed to admit you cried to.

Attached: 220px-CharlotteWeb.png (220x316, 155K)

The picture of Dorian Gray

I expected a comfy adventure that featured a chivalrous warrior band and faeries. Instead I got a depressing story about a man's lies and anger catching up to him along with losing his physicality and family.

Attached: fionn_mac_cool.jpg (331x499, 37K)

The ending of of Mice and Men hit me really hard, the only prose that legitimately made me sob even though I've felt more disturbed/saddened by other prose. Not sure how that works. My dad's copy had two novellas (this one and Cannery Road) which I didn't realize. Thinking the story would go on for much longer the ending really caught me off guard.

I read this when I was a really little kid and it was the first sad book I read. When they announced the movie a few years ago, I was shocked that the commercials for it was all happy and mystical. I know that some people got upset that the commercials were misleading.

Attached: bjkbnj.jpg (344x500, 62K)

On the beach

>such joy
god, gets me everytime

Attached: chikddrz.jpg (338x499, 32K)

this one.

Attached: 71nF7P9cKfL.jpg (1519x2325, 218K)

I cried so hard to this book. Same with old yeller.

This
Steinbeck always makes me cry. The Pearl made me cry in public.

Fuck I was happy when I came in this thread

ending got me for some reason

Attached: yarbles.jpg (220x323, 20K)

Never forget!

Attached: 9787119027777.jpg (301x430, 24K)

Life is a dream for some reason.

Boxer in Animal Farm destroyed me

The feeling of failure struck me hard.

Attached: an-artist-of-the-floating-world.jpg (428x685, 146K)

I've only read Remains of the Day by him but the moment Stevens realizes his own feelings fucked me up

The Road

Yes, that one was really sad too, I just remembered that part when Stevens, in the end of the book, opens up to some random dude and starts to cry. A terribly sad story and yet a very good one, it's incredible how this writer manages to create greyish characters, and the way you can always empathize with them.

I know your mother.
You're a harlot's pleb.

>Iphidamas
>Patroklos
>Brutality of hector's corpse and the sorrow of Priam

Attached: illiad.jpg (499x375, 24K)

Attached: Sadako-1000-Paper-Cranes-800.jpg (619x800, 58K)