No war, no crime, no violence

>no war, no crime, no violence
>free sex with literally no consequence
>all physical necessities provided for
>freely available entertainment
>so many soma pills you it will be impossible for you to ever experience fear or sadness in your life
>even the fear of death has been conquered
>even if you're lower class you're physically incapable of being discontent with your situation or aiming higher than where you are right now

So what is bad about their society, exactly? It has removed pretty much most of the evils of the world that have been denounced by most major thinkers (inequality doesn't matter if people have no use for equality).

Attached: 220px-BraveNewWorld_FirstEdition.jpg (220x330, 26K)

Because the characters have no freedom to make their own choices or think for themselves. Plus the society is only good if you're an alpha.

>Because the characters have no freedom to make their own choices or think for themselves

What is the point of choice and independent thought, in themselves? There isn't, they are means to an end and the BNW society already provides those ends.

>Plus the society is only good if you're an alpha.

The lower classes were all as satisfied as alphas were.

The meaning of life is not to jack off for 70 years, sometimes using other peoples' bodies as sex toys instead of your hand, and then croak. The most dystopian thing about Brave New World is that it is a permanent statis. The U.S is like that now. The country is a network of strip malls where masses of so-called humans serve the Jewish Bourgeoisie and shit themselves in walmart, but it must change some day.

>being an adult baby is the purpose of life

Attached: ShamefulTalkativeCormorant-poster.jpg (480x368, 9K)

You forgot
>Everyone except a small handful are brainless NPCs
>Meaningless life
>No freedom or choices
Maybe its ideal for a brainlet or hedonist.

>So what is bad about their society, exactly?

It is too tightly controlled and therefore unstable. Look how a single 'defective' alpha put them into enough disarray that even the world leader had to intervene (though he himself was relatively unfazed). What happens the day one of their human factory malfunction and they have to throw out hundred of would-be alphas ?

What happens if a handful of "defective" alpha-plus manage to hide their condition and organize themselves ? They could cause an inordinate amouint of havoc with just a half dozen of them. Clearly those people are foreign to the notion of hyperstatism.

Small brain: Brave New World is a dystopia
Medium brain: Brave New World is a utopia
Big brain: 1984 is a utopia

same reason odysseus wanted to leave ogygia

Imagine getting spooked by a phrase as empty as "the purpose of life"

I've lost sleep over it

Did you miss the part where all of the characters explored in any depth, and even some of the side characters had some sort of individualistic quirk that their society had prevented them from expressing for fear of reducing their value as a cog in a machine?

But why is this a bad thing?
The only reason things like freedom and choice seem so monumentally important to humans is because of their own equally monumental attachment to identity
So what's so great about this attachment that it's worth all this trouble just to say "I made my own choices" or is there maybe nothing great about it and it's nothing more than another hurdle to overcome on our evolutionary path

You can't know true pleasure without pain.

I wonder if people saw it as an utopia when the book was released?
I think the majority of people today think it's paradise, and that just shows that he accurately predicted the end of the west.

Attached: 1507515395745.jpg (1205x805, 176K)

You want to explain to me how the neurochemical receptors in your brain are incapable of conferring happiness when oxytocin is present because your brain has never been flooded in cortisol and experience overwhelming pain?

This idea that one must gain perspective of immense suffering to experience true happiness is a giant lie and pathetic cope. The happiest people around are truly ignorant and have never suffered.

best answer
/thread

Attached: ciciro_this_shit.jpg (680x352, 61K)

You have to be 18 to post here

Fuck that humans need confilct

>humans need confilct

For what end?

The reason why it's a dystopia is becuase it violates the categorical imperative.

>tips fedora

superior gene propagation

When so christcucks realize that's not even close to an argument

neither is fedora tipping. Science has no answer for the soul. Not yet anyway...

Prove souls exist.

It's a metaphor, my dude.

Then why are you trying to discredit science for not being able to explain something that doesn't exist?

im not discrediting science you silly zoomer, but Science does not have a fully comprehensive understanding of how the human psyche works or why things are the way they are.

sounds like being a cow in a barn.