Why does he have such a problem with Tolkien?

Why does he have such a problem with Tolkien?

Attached: Bloom_Harold_03.jpg (1746x2444, 803K)

Other urls found in this thread:

esotericonline.net/group/cinema/forum/topics/tolkien-at-the-end-of-time
esotericonline.net/group/cinema/forum/topics/tolkien-at-the-end-of-time-1
elfnonationalist.wordpress.com/2018/10/26/esotericism-and-tolkien/
youtube.com/watch?v=7g5npSwWMsw
youtube.com/watch?v=AE8n4FiqZvI
youtube.com/watch?v=26iZaiLziBY
atlasobscura.com/articles/hobbit-camps-fascism-italy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirth
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> He was raised as an Orthodox Jew in a Yiddish-speaking household

I've read some Bloom and have come to the conclusion that teaching Shakespeare made him slightly deranged. Seriously, read some of the stuff he says about Shakespeare. It is so hyperbolic but he doesn't mean it as hyperbole. The character of Hamlet is the greatest philosopher who has ever lived, and Shakespeare was so afraid of this character, that he would overtake the Bard himself, that he sent him away to England, etc. Hamlet is the zenith of all human thought, and by definition it can never be surpassed, etc. Shakespeare invented what it means to be a person psychologically. It's all just bizarre. That's what you get for teaching Shakespeare for so long.

He's just copying Borges

I got the same feeling and not just with Bloom. There are people who pretend Shakespeare knew of the blood circulation theory before it was discovered by Harvey, or that Shakespeare invented free masonry, or that Balzac's Le Père Goriot is plagiarized from King Lear (the irony of accusing anyone of plagiarizing Shakespeare is apparently lost on them).

Some parts of Shakespeare criticism feel like a cult at this point. That's what happens when you give literary people (who are naturally inclined to exalt their favorite writers to heavens and beyond) full license to expound admiringly on a single guy's work.

>I am nothing if not Jewish... I really am a product of Yiddish culture.

Tolkien was too woke and included much more in his works than it would seem on the first reading.

‘…J.R.R. Tolkien who’s the only person who can read the books in the basement of Oxford. He’s got all these (very old) books from Finland and Sweden and he’s the only guy who can actually READ them, alright? And he spends hours and hours reading all this stuff (history) that’s down there…

…and he writes ‘Lord of the Rings’ after he’s done reading it, OK? He says to his friends like C.S. Lewis…he says, there’s a whole History we don’t even know about. And, he told people in his letters that ‘Lord of the Rings’ was about Europe 6500 years ago; that the Irish were the Hobbits and the elves were the Nords. He had this whole thing figured out…

…This is all based on Truth…and he would get ANGRY when people said this was only analogy and metaphor. He would say, ‘NO! It isn’t analogy and metaphor! This is what I learned from my reading…’

…There is this ‘Lord of the Rings’ like SATURN and his name is Sauron. Sauron is obviously so close to the Mesopotamian dictator Sargon who invented Time. He literally invented clocks, calendars, schedules and really delivered the world into the linear, monochromic world that we live in now…

…Tolkien understands this and is trying to show us that this Saturnian Power (alien?) came in and forced us into a kind of SLAVERY; wrecking the planet; destroying the planet; using up all the energy of the planet for its own devices…

…We don’t really know what it is Sauron is trying to accomplish, not really…He’s trying to destroy the elves who know too much and have too much power. He’s trying to trap the Earth into an energy-sucking thing and he’s creating half-breeds of CLONES, the Orcs and all those who are not really human; they’re only partially human, just like the Archons…

…And, he (Tolkien) knows all this (true History) and he’s reading all this. He’s absorbing it…and so this knowledge was in our own histories and it has been wiped out by these Archons; these forces that don’t want us to figure out what’s going on…’

esotericonline.net/group/cinema/forum/topics/tolkien-at-the-end-of-time
esotericonline.net/group/cinema/forum/topics/tolkien-at-the-end-of-time-1

elfnonationalist.wordpress.com/2018/10/26/esotericism-and-tolkien/

>read bloom on Cervantes
>he starts fellating Shakespeare
Wtf is wrong with this old Jew

Reminder that Tolkien liked Jews (he based the Dwarves on them). His enemy was the Mongoloid.

But he loved Finns

Based

Tolkien is the greatest historian since Thucydides.

>Tolkien liked Jews
bullshit

Tolkien answer to peopleNazis who asked him if he was Jewish:

" If I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people.
My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject—which should be sufficient.
I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army.
I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride."

Shakespeare is his keter, he compares all worthy writers to him, they are all some kind of mispeare

Good post user.

>muh nashunal sushalism
>reeee there is no way this author that I like could ever like jews reeeeee

Please kys before you breed, for the sake of the genetic pool

Being prolific doesn't make you great.

Rude.

Attached: 1546792661028.jpg (1054x625, 319K)

He's delusional. I get that Shakespeare is a great writer, but his work doesn't advance past the point of what is considered worldly. Shakespeare's characters provide what I would call 'false insight', meaning a type of pseudo-reflection that is only relevant when the external is taken into account.
Shakespeare was a good writer, not a genius.

Impotent envy.

Bad post.

youtube.com/watch?v=7g5npSwWMsw

Lmao wow
Which writer is a genius then, if not Shakespeare?

He hates Christfags

>Please kys before you breed, for the sake of the genetic pool
Why is it always shit-for-brains egalitarians who say stuff this fantastically retarded and contradictory
>only a low IQ subhuman wouldn't like niggers!

"...the spirit of wickedness in high places is now so powerful and so many-headed in its incarnations that there seems nothing more to do than personally refuse to worship any of the hydras' heads."

youtube.com/watch?v=AE8n4FiqZvI

youtube.com/watch?v=26iZaiLziBY

atlasobscura.com/articles/hobbit-camps-fascism-italy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirth

Attached: hobbit camp.png (442x627, 100K)

Because Tolkien bathed more than once per month.

>Shakespeare was a good writer, not a genius.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Congratulations.

Shakespeare was not even the best playwright (Pirandello, Chekhov, a bunch of Greekbois, I could go on). He appealed to the taste of the masses and it shows. His plots are simple and easy to understand, his characters are highly irrational and sometimes plain out retarded, and he literally did not bring anything new to literature - everything he did, his contemporaries also did.
Now some real geniuses: Borges, Calvino, Kafka, Poe, Cervantes, Dante. Again, I could go on.

Yeah, mate, read what he wrote before the Nazis became official baddies.

Misery

Tolkien was a worldbuilder before being a great literary writer

Lol Hamlets not actually that great a philosopher. I wonder what bloom was thinking

Bloom will be a ministering angel whilst thou layest howling.