Have to write a 1500 word paper over Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and his ideas on language

>have to write a 1500 word paper over Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations and his ideas on language
>what should I say Yea Forums?

Attached: 1545970894636.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

That it’s just another sad expression of his disability (autism)

>Why don't you talk about the sorry state of affairs that is your diabetes, Jonah?

Attached: 89823456.png (791x406, 513K)

Bumping to see what others say in a thread about language games

Attached: eumfz1spddez.png (1473x999, 1.33M)

more like shittgenstein

Silly mortal. My shitty, Seth Rogen knock-off comedic powers prevent me from being stricken with such a condition

Attached: yn5SE.jpg (413x416, 29K)

This guy gets it

Attached: VAaBpei.gif (245x136, 493K)

Does anybody actually subscribe completely to this dude's line of thinking? Obviously there do exist some holes in language that stand in the way of understanding, but if we can't understand anything because our languages are too flawed, how can he understand things to a level which allows him to come up with and write down his philosophy?

He's just philosophically masturbating at this point. Might rename his book "Philosophical Masturbations"

Attached: downloadfile-33.jpg (590x527, 45K)

Bear in mind he thought he had "solved" philosophy after the tractatus and didn't write again for years. The fact that he would return to such an impenetrably sound philosophy only to pick it apart with very few certain conclusions shows at acknowledges his own limitations, at the very least

This. I think my fingers got sticky from all his cum as I read it

Yeah bud, that's why they're sticky. No way it could be from jerking off your basedboy boyfriend.
>Itt a bunch of simpletons bash someone who they can't understand

Attached: 1547496539459.jpg (720x467, 67K)

Just quit your university. Your professor is probably a quack.

Wish I could. This is my last semester. Thing is, I'm not even a philosophy major. My major is economics but I thought it might be fun to take a philosophy class. Guess I was fucking wrong there

What the fuck is a basedboy you moron?

Meant to type basedboy but my phone autocorrected.

*Onions boy

Did somebody have a fucking stroke in this thread or something?

>a 1500 word paper over Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations
Wow I am so sorry for you OP that your prof is a jerk.
There is no way you can write all you would want about the greatest Philosophical work of the 20th century with such few words.
Maybe just focus on the "A" Word game, that is the easiest to simplify.
>REGELFOLGENPROBLEM IST DIE ANTWORT ZU ALLEM!

>According to a family tree prepared in Jerusalem after World War II, Wittgenstein's paternal great-great-grandfather was Moses Meier, a Jewish land agent who lived with his wife, Brendel Simon, in Bad Laasphe in the Principality of Wittgenstein, Westphalia

You've never, ever read Wittgenstein in your entire life to come up with this thought:

>but if we can't understand anything because our languages are too flawed,

I guess I just don't understand what he means. Could you enlighten me friendo?

Thanks for the tip m8. That'll definitely be a paper that'll get a decent grade

Write "word" 1500 times

Honestly considering this. I should do this then tell the professor we were just playing different word games

>have written a 1500 page biography of Husserl
>working two minimum wage jobs in order to stay alive
>what should I do Yea Forums?

Write "Jude" 1500 times.

Attached: 703_rockwell2.jpg (1000x525, 83K)

mein nigga

Attached: tenor (30).gif (220x197, 211K)

"Wittgenstein would later claim that "[m]y thoughts are 100% Hebraic,"[85]"

^ M.O'C. Drury, "Conversations with Wittgenstein", in Recollections of Wittgenstein, ed. R. Rhees, New York: Oxford University Press, revised edition, 1984, p. 161.

>Seth MacFarlane
Jonah please, we all know you lose roles to Seth Green. Although, you do resemble Chris Griffin..

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 16K)

>Husserl
>Husserl was born in 1859 in Proßnitz, a town in the Margraviate of Moravia, which was then in the Austrian Empire, and which today is Prostějov in the Czech Republic. He was born into a Jewish family,

He doesn't say language is imperfect, useless, impossible to use effectively or any such thing. What he rejects is likening ordinary language with some retarded formal syntax + semantics, where certain words 'pick out' certain objects that they refer to (concepts, ideas, meaning etc). He also rejects Frege's contentions of the meaning (truth value) of a sentence being given by a function of its internal words. He's not saying "language is shit, you can't do anything with it". He's saying: your attempts at analysing language are shit and you can't do anything with it. He says precisely that one should embrace ordinary language and accept its inherent roughness as the only correct way of Being.

Thank you for explaining m80. Much appreciation. So you're saying that he says that language isn't the problem but that we are? If you could just expand on what you mean that would help a ton. Wittgenstein (or to a greater extent most philosophy) isn't really my forte

PRETTY

>Hill is Jewish, and had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony.