Keats's personal copy of Paradise Lost. There are copious notes on every page...

>Keats's personal copy of Paradise Lost. There are copious notes on every page. In the Romantic era marginalia were seen as a form of literary expression.

Attached: DW5ohojWsAAjs9B.jpg (900x1200, 307K)

senpai. should i start writing in my books

Consider adding little lines or symbols in pencil to mark paragraphs that you find important.

Attached: an.jpg (627x336, 101K)

have fun re-selling your books scribbled with bullshit notes of yours.

no

>Re-selling books of import
Absolutely plebian.

Only if you're smart and over 25.

So strange to see an artifact like this, for a figure who precedes photography. It reminds me that Keats wasn't merely a painting, but a real person like any other. This is the same feeling I had when I saw Shakespeare's house in Stratford. Absolutely bizarre, how the presentation of these figures as illustrations distorts our perception of their reality as "real people". Trite to mention, I know.

Nigga ruined the book, what a faggot

But Keats was never over 25

This book looks like it smells

you are not nor will you ever be keats

Attached: image.jpg (715x404, 29K)

>ywn be a milquetoast fuccboi writing the most generic romantic garbage about feels and greek faggotry
I'll be okay somehow

who's your favorite poet and why

Martial, why?

this is a literature board. we are going to talk about literature.
why is martial your favorite poet? what about his poetry resonates with you?

He wrote about poopies and peepees. I like those.

>This kills the 'is there anything more pretentious, more attention seeking" poster

do you seriously think Yea Forums is some paragon of rational discussion and classical thought and not just a gaggle of faggots playing smarter-than-thou? holy shit user

What was the feeling you got from Shakespeares house?

Why would you want to sell your annotated books? Your book should become a personal item by the time you're done reading because it should be full of notes - it shouldn't have any more value second hand than pictures of your grandmother.

Being a poet I assume a lot of these scribblings were something Keats wrote to better his craft. Seems like a pointless thing to do for those who don't care about writing books and simply want to enjoy them.

The copy in the OP is worth much more thanks to those notes.

>Seems like a pointless thing to do for those who don't care about writing books and simply want to enjoy them.
brainlet

I'm meming along with the crowd user

Shakespeare’s house was demolished in 1759. Unless you mean the house he was born in, which was quite unremarkable save the line of tourists taking selfies outside it.

>re-selling books