Phiosophers that are garbage/were wrong about everything/had no talent/not worth reading

Phiosophers that are garbage/were wrong about everything/had no talent/not worth reading
Plato (moron/wrong about everything/non-intellectual reading for people to dick around on the train)
Descartes (moron)
Heidegger (wrong/takes the worst aspects of nietzsche/a crybaby nazi that hated technology)
Marcus Aurelius (cuck philosophy)
Cicero (cuck philosophy)
Seneca (cuck philosophy)
The Scholastics and really any christcuck (morons/wrong/produced nothing of value)
Hobbes (moron)
Berkeley (moron)
Sartre (moron)
Husserl (nothing of value/boring)
Freud (moron)
Lacan (a bore)
Rand (moron)
Chomsky (nothing of value)
Russell (moron)

Philosophers worth reading
Kant (dont even like him but he is necessary)
Marx and all the 20th century Marxists
The late 20th century postmodernists ie. Deleuze (genius/the james joyce of philosophy), Foucault, Baudrilard (based), Virilio, Derrida
Mcluhan
Aristotle
Spinoza
Nietzsche (based)
Stirner (for the memes)
German Idealists
Montaigne (comfy)
Heraclitus
Whitehead (genius)
Bergson
Bataille
Michelstraedter
Leibniz
Epicurus
Lucretius
Taoists (chad philosophy)
Voltaire
Hume

Attached: 1543782612056.jpg (1080x1030, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCSkzHxIcfoEr69MWBdo0ppg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is cuck philosophy

Attached: Beja man - Sudan.jpg (999x925, 415K)

your under 18 it seems

This is such a fedora tipping reddit tier post.

I will agree with one thing, Baudrillard was indeed based

Would the guy on the right be considered attractive? The others look good but he looks kinda funny.

>the james joyce of philosophy
i actually cringed while reading that

Attached: 1550396131631.jpg (500x625, 48K)

he’s a proto-Bog

that's not wrong though

How can a drunken wreck who can't even form proper sentences be considered a good writer?

>"how do I induce MAXIMUM cringe on Yea Forums?"
you got me op

No offense, but I have a hard time believing a 18 year old would know all those names.

I knew most of them when I was 16. Still haven't read most of them tho

What are Wikipedia and high school critical thinking reading lists?

What exactly distinguishes Taoism as chad and Stoicism as cuck?

To lookism spergs who have fetish for bones

Anyone know if Big D has ever written anything on Joyce? I like the stuff be has written on Proust, Beckett, and Melville.

B&R

Most zoomers probably know the names of these people nowadays thanks to e-celebs like Jordan Wankerson

Ive never heard Virilio mentioned here or by any e-celebs

Yeah......... that’s gonna be a hard yikes from me

LOL

>Marx
Lol. Let me know when you actually read these guys, instead of skimming wiki articles and watching youtube vids on the way to work.

secretly based list, but don't tell anyone

I know OP is memeing and being and edgelord but he's not even wrong LOL

Tonight the Deleuzeheads come out

Attached: 1550671361615s.jpg (124x121, 2K)

Not cool nigga, don't post actual cursed images

it's funny because you haven't read anything from Marx

He died this past September, serious Catholic, War and Cinema's great.

This is a copy pasta. Do not engage with it.

Ummm... Yeah. Based!

He looks too perfect. Like a high elf or something. Attractive but intimidatingly so. A giga-Chad, if you will

bump

Why is Nietzsche in both categories?

holy epic upvoted

He isnt

Surprisingly based. Take out sartre. Too overhated on this board and so many of his ideas were genuinely good

>be a handsome and well-built
>wear graphic-T's
wtf

He's a fraud. This is how he looks irl.

Attached: 1548590466595.jpg (1800x2440, 638K)

Lmao can't be real

Virilio is the biggest pseud ever, aside from some of Baudrillard’s followers. Open sky was an open sore.

Plato

Move Spinoza and this list would be based and redpilled

Literally agree with everything except Plato, Descartes, Heidegger and Husserl
Also
>Nietzsche (based)
based

Even mentioning Rand at all is giving it far too much attention. Why should it be listed among philosophers, good or bad, for the fan-fiction it created?

All philosophers between 17th century and 1870 are completely useless. The same for all thinkers between 1945 and 2001.

Your mom tips my fedora for me while I make sweet love to her ass.

unbased and cringepilled

>takes the worst aspects of nietzsche
Care to extrapolate?

I think I posted something similar to this post like two years ago and got btfo

All philosophy before the 18th century was useless and moronic. Philosophy peaked in the late 20th century.

No one in my highschool knew half of those names aside from the more famous ones that are taught in class. Even most of the stuff they teach about those said philosophers is pretty badly explained. the "I think therefore i am" is probably the worst meme highschool made me believe.

Philosophy died in the 20th Century and post modernism was the cause of death.

Wtf is the need to add those bimbo looking lips in the photoshop?

Imagine not knowing that all the fundamental questions of existence were realized and solved by eastern sages before the 5th century B.C. and that all this is just the extended end-credits playing out in the mind of God

Postmodernism is the peak of philosophy everything before it was intellectual masturbation and trying to answer useless questions..

>he took the time out of his day to write this shitty bait
>i took the time out of my day to reply to this shitty bait

Well he looks better in real life. The top image is a mistake.

Camus

Is this bait or do you truly not understand the irony of what you just said?

Attached: cat-wtf-face-confused-reaction-1416276006g.png (481x461, 362K)

this is a major cope, you dont really think that the dude on the bottom is the same dude right? I mean Ive heard about autistic faceblindness but you cant really believe that right? You can check every detail and theyre all off, nobody would for example photoshop away a pierced ear.

This is
I agree with this. Damn. Wasn’t expecting it. Coulda wrote this myself. Although chomsky’s US foreign policy work is pretty insightful

fuck off Peterson drone

Cicero was a total boss, he was the peak Roman stylist and an excellent rhetoritician. I don't care what you think of his philosophy, the man had true mastery over the arts of his time

This thread made me realise something. The idea of a single continuum in "Western philosophy" is essentially Cartesian revionism, which has co-opted many non-rationalist thinkers to be little more than advocates of Cartesian rationalism.

Descartes Delenda Est

Agreed

Let’s be friends, OP

>the james joyce of philosophy
this is unironically true if you think about it

Sartre was wrong on some issues but definitely not without huge merit.
Very much worth reading

based

>>Plato isn’t based
>>Whitehead is based
Oboy, you haven’t read Whitehead then I suppose

The worst thing about chads is that they're really nice dudes.

OP is a gigantic fag

disagree re: heidegger and freud

agree re: everything else
also based re: virilio, but how can you call out heidegger for hating technology but not virilio?

Whitehead shits on Platonism

stoicism is for cucks indeed

Came here to post this and thought I'd be the only one. Sartre's book Nausea actually has a great deal of literary merit and is a pulpy Steppenwolf, wouldn't avoid him if you're looking for a literary read.

I disagree with Russell and Chomsky. Producing Consent by Chomsky and On the Defense of Idleness and the Conquest of Happiness are all immensely helpful -yet not deeply philosophical- works.

Because Heidigger has the IQ of a dead infant

Great Youtube channel.
youtube.com/channel/UCSkzHxIcfoEr69MWBdo0ppg

look, i hate heidegger too, he was a nazi, a pleb and a shit writer, but he has some important concepts and his influence cannot be underestimated

While I do not agree with everything on this list, I am encouraged that he did not mention Nick land in the "worth reading" category.
Ahhh, the heated dreams of callow youth. One day he will regret this.

How is stoicism for cucks if taoism is for chads. Taoism is just stoicism for gooks

t. lookism-coper

Not a single philosopher is worth reading if you don't have time to waste.
The only way is René Guénon.

Attached: guenon.jpg (270x182, 8K)

op here forgot to add this hack (and all the traditionalists really) to the no discernible talent list will add this to the copypaste thx

Bump

shove your pasta up your ass and never post it again pseudlord

> doesn’t like Plato

Attached: 7A5C31E9-A507-4FD0-82D6-6CE115450788.png (640x1136, 727K)

What the fuck even are they? Please sparknotes me because Being and Time should be called Wasting Your Time.

ITS GO TIME - HOP ABOARD THE S.S. MEME

Attached: 1117792-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x311, 28K)