I seriously hope your writing desk isn't bare

I seriously hope your writing desk isn't bare.

Attached: DZxAtl8W0AAUU3z.jpg (1200x900, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_lobe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_parietal_lobule
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't have one

Same. Mostly because I don't live on my own yet. It's the reason I mostly write on my pc.

>ikea-tier

Thank you

Apple keyboard sucks my ass

damn if I knew it could do that I would've bought one a long time ago

>2019
>Having money to artificially clutter your writing desk with kitchen appliances
Gross

that's the coffee station, everybody got one of those
the real disaster is that he seems to have put steamed milk in his espresso

Don't have one, wish I did. Do you do all of your writing electronically? I got a fountain pen not long ago and once I get a new debit card I'll be getting some new ink cartridges and a writing journal that has decent paper and will be doing my writing like that. There's something more authentic about writing by hand, I think, but its a bummer I don't have anywhere good to write.

rolly pho tato bug

nuff 'f moi aussi

Attached: IMG_20190226_144241.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

>There's something more authentic
If anything it's dishonest because you're going out of your way to do it. If you wanted to write you'd write on anything you could get your hands on. There's nothing authentic about it. That's not to say it's wrong or bad, but don't kid yourself with pretensions and just admit you prefer the aesthetic and the image of handwriting.

Anybody got an ident on those engravings?

All modern desks should be bare.

Attached: desk.jpg (690x924, 129K)

sad

Real things are literally more authentic than unreal things. There a massive neurological boost involved in manipulating the physical realm.

And the "if you wanted to write you'd write on anything you could get your hands on" line is false considering how many great authors were super autistic about what they used to write.

Attached: alan-sillitoe.jpg (900x750, 135K)

>having a desk
>not sitting on the floor leaning against the wall with your laptop in your lap
Not gonna make it.
tbf I'm actually leaning on a pile of blankets piled against the wall. comfier than any desk.

Now that it's clearly obvious you're in denial, I'm not going to bother persuading you otherwise. Enjoy your "authenticity", lol. About as authentic as every other coffeeshop hipster and his moleskin journal and $80 Amazon fountain pen.

>Muh meatspace
Just admit it's autism, get diagnosed and move on.

I use fucking ballpoints, and I'm not even that user. I'm just pointing out that the wanting of the "authenticity" of physical things have an observable benefit to people's brains. That writing notes by hand helps with understanding and retention is another example of this.

You're a dumbass. I don't care what you write with. You're also a dumbass because of course it has a benefit if they THINK it's authentic. It's a placebo effect. My whole point is that it isn't actually authentic.

subtle brap

>It's a placebo effect.
False. Writing by hand has also shown to help with offsetting dementia due to the extra work performed by the brain when doing so, which increases when you use cursive.

If you're old enough to post on Yea Forums you should also be old enough to have grown out of believing everything is equal.

That has nothing to do with how "authentic" you feel when writing. How dishonest of you to assume and then assert there's correlation just for the sake of your argument, you dumb insecure faggot.

Question: do you think writing by hand and writing on a computer are the same?

I'm also trying to improve my handwriting and learn different types of scripts

No you dumb faggot now stop fishing for an argument because you're stupid and can't come up with something substantial to argue against anything I said. Close the thread and don't talk to me because this is the last time I'm replying to you anyways

My writing desk is also my work desk, my gaming desk, my surf desk and my dining table. In fact it is my only desk.

Attached: D0WRahqW0AA7-JP.jpg (900x1200, 112K)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parietal_lobe
>Several areas of the parietal lobe are important in language processing.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_parietal_lobule
>The superior parietal lobule is involved with spatial orientation, and receives a great deal of visual input as well as sensory input from one's hand. It is also involved with other functions of the parietal lobe in general.

Now I'm still doing the research on this and it is only conjecture on my part, but from what I'd venture, writing by hand produces a lot of sensory stimulation to the SPL, which in turns helps stimulate other areas of the mind. The SPL(or some part of it, I can't recall exactly) is also linked with creativity, as it is responsible for regulating "daydreaming". It also helps my concentration and focus.

I feel a massive difference in the way my state of mind responds to writing by hand and typing. I'm not sure why, but so far that would be my best guess.

I prefer writing by hand as much as is feasible.

this, i dont even write at the desk, i do that in bed

true, but your taste in modern computing is godawful. also those sunglasses are pajeet-tier

>laptop in your lap

This drains the penis of its virile energy

>having a penis
It's more on your thighs anyway. You're not a fatass are you?

My writing desk isnt bare and it sucks. Ive got 4 overflowing cups of pencils and pens and markers and shit and stickernotes all over my wall and stacked books and my computer and scribbled notebook paper and notes and a calendar and folders and waterbottles and the thevoicesrtellingmeto

underated

How old is that picture?
Corded phone with built in answering machine and fax, plus a regular corded phone.
Nixie tube alarm clock/radio combo
Fucking Rolodex? wtf?
Polaroid One Step
>time warp to 1993