5-minute Challenge

Write something in under five minutes and post it here. It can be anything, and it doesn't matter how good or bad it is, but it has to be written in exactly five minutes.

Attached: 88.jpg (1280x857, 294K)

cumb

have you been underground

It used to be green on the ground.
The birds would dart among each other, singing a symphony for a small audience that would never hear it again. The cats and dogs would fight in the streets, chasing tail or leaving a bloody mess in some shaded alley. The little boys and girls could walk hand in hand together down the street to the middle aged man who sold ice-creams out the back of a van and taste the summer's day even if the year was dying.
It used to be green on the ground when i last lived up there. The sun or the rain or the little feet of some small, innocent creature would step across the wet or crackling leaves and look up at the sound of the ice cream van passing by with its beautiful songs and, oh wasn't it such a mouth watering sight.
It used to be green on the ground but when I finished that ice cream cone during the sunset of that warm summer's evening, I hadn't seen the green ground since.

Nice, very graceful prose. Impressive for only five minutes.
based

Here's mine, inspired by a dream I had a few nights ago:

A common experience among those who sleep is that periodical occasion where one is jolted awake from their slumbers by the feeling of falling. Folk-psychobiological rumour has it that this 'falling' precipitates imminent brain-death, and that our awakening at the last moment is a saving grace which delivers us from a peacefully macabre fate. But what if one were not to awake at the point of ground-contact? Would the Earth melt away to reveal yet more room for descent? Or would we be caught by angels and lifted off to the Heavens? All I can tell you, dear reader, is that as I fall now, all I can see around me is the abstractions of a most intense fever-dream. A thousand-mile-thick wall of intense paleness surrounds me on each side, and the sound of the wind rushing past my ears is muffled and grey. I cannot see the ground, yet I know that when I land I will wish that I was still falling.

Baby shoes, for sale: never worn
Ok wtf no way did this take 5 minutes

>Baby shoes, for sale: never worn
I don't think you wrote this user

Black and White

Sometimes others would tell me of grey. It wasn’t quite light and definitely not dark but somewhere inbetween. It was waking up on a sleep cycle that changed its shoes more than it knew which trousers it wore. It was seeing a child be chastised by his upset mother, hurrying along pavements that cracked under the weight of walks of life.

I didn’t really believe in any other version of grey but my own, but I knew what it was. Others still told me theirs and in some form of familiarity I couldn’t listen. Even if today I wasn’t I remembered times I dreamed of the opposite. Sometimes I miss it. The feeling of helplessness. I was a victim and others were just village people around a castle only I knew how to build.

The time is 2:39. The sun is doing what the sun does, and air breathes through the window. I can't summon the 'whatever-you-say' for the time being, and it is being. A stampede ran down main street yesterday; billionaires brandishing steak knives flooded the city and the children began eating their mothers. Nasty little runts, they devoured the screams. I don't mind the noise on certain days, but others it impedes my work. My father wanted me to be a cabinet maker. He chose his own path, or at least he tried. I deny any man the opportunity to impugn my name with the prickly cacti of rumors and hearsay—embrace the purgation of superfluities. I have nothing to offer, as has been made clear. What to do now is a question of compromise. Can the boy become a man and seize the world by its horns? Who the fuck knows.

>Write something in under five minutes
>it has to be written in exactly five minutes
Well, which is it? Exactly 5 minutes, or under 5 minutes? I cannot begin writing until this has been answered, because if I finish before 5 minutes exactly then I may have failed, or if I finish on 5 minutes exactly I might also fail to finish under 5 minutes.
Your directions are ambiguous, OP. Please enlighten the individuals gifted enough to notice your mishap so that we may provide real content, thank you.

do you ever realise you're a fucking trash writer lmao

love this, doubt it was 5 mins
what i would expect from 5 mins
pretty original from me :)
u mad u jealous
actually good with the rhinoceros vibe stampede - gets weak at the end but gj

the path up to her house wasn't long. It was a short step, a couple of paces, 5 more steps, and then the door. I had been in and out of this house, frequently, over these past few days and yet today was the hardest because today I got a call she was missing.
It got easier after the first step, and they came in a rush and I ran to the door and thrust it open and inside I went to when I last saw her.

And I sighed with relief when she was still there. She stared at me with cold eyes but all i could see was she was smiling at me

We sat on the roof of a hostel, outside the kooky costume party going on inside. I was sitting there wallowing in my shame when she slipped outside and asked if she could sit with me. I nodded and said, mechanically, "Yes." After that I planned to shut up and keep staring at the rusting sky and the dazzling array of light-studded skyscrapers and cranes, the empty hammock and the herb gardens - which I imagined must be breathing in car fumes even at this height. She spoke in some accent. Chinese? Taiwanese? Korean? I don't know asians.

"What's your name?" she asked.

I told her my name bluntly. What the fuck does she want?

"I don't have a costume," she explained, embarrassed. "You not gonna go to the party?"

I shook my head, and spoke slowly in words I hoped she would understand. "I'm not a traveler. I don't really belong here."

"Oh," she said, confused. "Then what are you doing here?"

As she spoke, a young man, shirtless in neon top hat, ambled out drunkenly and pissed off the roof behind her into the car park below. I smirked, then said, "I'm trying to find a place to live."

You can choose either, but as the OP I admit my instructions are misleading, and wish to correct my mistake.

You have up, and until, the 5-minute mark to finish your work. You do not have to work all the way up to the 5-minute mark, and can finish much earlier if you so desire, but you cannot and must not exceed the 5-minute mark (or you shall otherwise be disqualified from the challenge). Apologies for the confusion.

Excellent. I will begin.

The cat stood on the table in front of the open window, projecting his long shadow upon the walls of the small, disorderly kitchen. A fine moon was shining outside and the soft breeze of the north brought the curtains inside along with a good smell of lavender from the fields outside. France was in a peaceful state now, after the years of war that had shaken the country to the bone, and overturned democracy in favour of a robot led technocracy.

He has just browsed Yea Forums for five minutes when he saw it.

The meme which contained all memes.

Authors of the antiquity had classified such rarity. Plotinus spoke of a meme which impersonated both the divine and the change of wordly things; Homer made references to such a device, closer to the gods than to mortal men.

Nevertheless, the meme was meant to be kept holy. He was hopeless: the thread had been deleted, and the user who possesed the meme of memes was enveloped in the darkess of the web, disappearing with the gift of the gods.

The destiny and the mods defied his hope of joy.

So it came forth as the petals trembled and bowed, belching out the last bit of nothing they'd been keeping safe. It came forth between the flowered bushes, still damp, trembling and twitching and dripping. It came forth and nothing changed. The bushes bear witness to it all, with branch, twig and leaf being the better for it still, their broad green cheeks blushing pink at the early sun. The cardinals laughed and shrugged in their ignorance, the siproeta danced in the haze. Not one noticed but the gushing shrub, and like that it went with December in peace and contentedness.

I see a little silhouetto of a man.
Holy shit! Holy shit!
I think it's Peter Dinklage.

Nothing good can come from a thinking heart.

I think I’m finally starting to realize that now. Hume said it, many others did too, when time comes to take an honest look at ourselves, we are deeply emotional creatures. Intelligence, the one we measure through reason, although the most important thing that has happened on this planet, has really just helped us add layers of complexity to feelings we still share with apes. All of the beauty and wonder that has ever seen the light of day has come from the brain serving the heart, never the other way round. Wether i want to understand, connect or build, all of those must take root in emotion, otherwise rendering any desire shallow, therefore useless. I must let the heart exude, and understand that reason will hopefully follow.

As always, the nightclub was gorging with nameless female body parts, James just floated aimlessly near one than the next until he came into contact with a pair of earnest eyes. His experience was lacking to say the least, but he had always felt quite confortable with this first step. Buried under the music and the various substances, all egos shrunk to fit into something larger, something everybody shared and everybody created. Out of this human haze two people will sometimes lock eyes, once, twice and again. That usually gives them their humanity back, in attraction they find themselves, rebuild a full person out of the bare shoulders and flowing hair they had been focused on. After all there must be someone to attract.

Probably the fourth album had finished since they had arrived. Paul felt drunk, but not as much as he should have. It was approaching four o’clock, he wouldn’t be able to bore her with art conversations for much longer. She had come back to his place, she had expectations, and he had to get over his unreasonable fear. Still not acknowledging the situation, he talked about the fact that he would be tired for work the next day, her interest in what he had to say was dwindling, so Paul decided to unfold his couch into his bed. He had no idea how to proceed. The unspoken, ignored desires weighed heavy in the air, none of them even heard the loud music as they sat on the side of the bed. Unable to summon a confidence that was not even necessary anymore by this point, he asked if she though it would be a bad idea if he kissed her. She laughed, as if to cover what she really felt, then said that it wasn’t.

This tall brown coffee table gets in the way of my legs, and I can feel a sharp pain right below my kneecap. When I move, the pain worsens and I can feel an intense heat come down my calf. The air thickens with burnt protein and butter. It's the large BBC. I can feel it pulsate when the heat comes dripping down to my feet. It's hot load runs in my veins. I'm as black as a nigger's coffee.