Humanities class stories

Are all humanities classes really this shitty? Took a class last semester about Philosophy and Literature, and it was the cringiest, most painful thing that I have undergone.
>irritating loudmouth iranian cunt kept shouting out his take on whatever the professor said and giving his shitty retorts even when he had nothing interesting to say, simply just to say something
>glasses wearing smart ass kept asking the professor to “validate his claims” or “define his terms” at every opportunity
>big chinned hapa girl would brag about how she read gabriel marcia marquez, and also announced to the entire class that she had a “damn shitty childhood,” during one of her self-congratulatory monologues
>scrawny twink cunt with a shitty moustache would spend the whole class quietly snickering to himself, and then at the end raise his hand and attempt to disprove everything the professor said, at one point arguing that the whole process of interpreting poetry is fundamentally flawed due to some neurobiological bullshit.
>First TA was a turtleneck wearing hipster faggot who barely knew anything, and would spend all of class nodding and putting his finger on his chin to seem like he was thoughtful, and the 2nd was an irritating fat indian chick who burped constantly and laughed way too loudly at whatever philosophical jokes or references the professor said in order to let everyone in the room know that she “got it.”

Humanities classes have been filled with these irritating, pretentious cunts. Is this what you fags are all like in real life? Anyways, are there any other stories of humanities classes that you assholes have?

Attached: 05ECD636-418B-4D6B-87A4-0E286D1A712A.jpg (1300x962, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OjiNROf_U4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im just imagining you seething at everyone in the middle of a class lmao

>floundering in the plebsty when libgen exists
no

if you ever want to ruin your fancy college for yourself, look around you and start counting the
>niggers
>chinks
>pakis
>women
>probable jews
and then count the white, gentile men

you will realize that white male goys are roughly 8% of the college population, while the rest is reserved for jews, women, and the smelly children of wealthy immigrants.

you are nothing to your own country. your own country is run by wealthy elites and its centers of power and influence almost exclusively permit people who do not share your values or your cultural background to attend. you have been made into chattel on your own land. look around you and do the count yourself.

I'm just imagining a really run-of-the-mill guy sat in the middle of a room packed with histrionic liberals, keeping a blank face and staring ahead while they take turns doing irritating things.

Yeah that's Yea Forums essentially

OP why didn't you drop out and get a job?

I barley graduated high school. I think i went to community college for like six months, i took an art class. The teacher was some angry old guy who got mad because i would finish in like 5 min and then sit back and chillax and listen to music. He was the second art teacher in my life that would ask me to step outside the class room to yell at me.

after failing remedial math i went home to be a neet. Everything i know about philosophy, art, and poetry i have self taught myself through PDFs, wiki, and variouse websites

I have not left the house in about at least 8 years

at the same time i have basically been freebasing shopenhaur and pessmist philosphy and studying the art of francis bacon.

Im pretty much half a schizo, a full blown nhilist, and my life revolves around sleeping, fapping, painting, and wishing for sweet death

youtube.com/watch?v=OjiNROf_U4Y

Attached: francis-bacon-izlozba-221216-21.jpg (1200x798, 62K)

>>scrawny twink cunt with a shitty moustache would spend the whole class quietly snickering to himself, and then at the end raise his hand and attempt to disprove everything the professor said, at one point arguing that the whole process of interpreting poetry is fundamentally flawed due to some neurobiological bullshit.

that's comical, i'd fuck his ass.

>nihilist lust for death but for some reason keeps living in her self-made hell

why

there is no point in killing yourself, death is always on the horizon

>interpreting poetry is fundamentally flawed due to some neurobiological bullshit
>implying text interpretation isn't 99.9% analytic masturbation and the projection of meaning

Painfully relatable. Gave up and switched to a different programme, but I sometimes wonder what would happen if I stayed.
Does it get better eventually? I don’t think they can improve, but maybe some drop out when it gets harder?

Attached: 1AD9D254-2DB2-41B0-9B99-301451ACDCCD.png (300x180, 25K)

literally me

In humanities right now to become an English teacher, worst case scenario. Yeah, pretty much.
It sucks because humanities used to be a well-respected subject, but it's just gone to shite.

>putting his finger on his chin to seem like he was thoughtful

NGL I see this a lot from other people, as well as do this myself kek

it doesnt get better

>and the 2nd was an irritating fat indian chick who burped constantly and laughed way too loudly at whatever philosophical jokes or references the professor said in order to let everyone in the room know that she “got it.”

I kind of got a boner reading this.

The absurdity of the current non-discipline won’t last this decade. Universities are realising that they need to adjust and make room for conservative thought. Now is an excellent time to be applying to humanities grad school - do it early enough, be censored, sue for affirmative action, profit.

>implying it isn't 100%

>I barley graduated high school. I think i went to community college for like six months

you sound like me. except i'm not a shut in.

lmao. you're not alone, OP. I know the feeling. people can't just like books without attaching some sort of self-obsessed image to it. people always have to compensate for something, and it seems more common now than ever for people to be disingenuous. most people don't even realize they're being disingenuous, either. the behavior is subconscious and they believe they're being genuine, but they're really just slaves to their image. the internet fucked us up hard

I went to a relatively small (~4,000 undergrad) Catholic college in New England. Didn't really have any bad experiences with any of the humanities classes I took. The Professors were usually pretty smart and likeable and 98% of the other students were straight and white so I can't relate to OP's experience. Have a lot of great memories from the literature course I took second semester senior year, peak comfy

New England is still relatively nice. I was born in Florida, but I grew up in Burlington/Milton Vermont and my entire paternal side is from Vermont. It's like another fucking country up there, it's insane. Can't wait to move back to Vermont eventually.

i once had a scene in the first lecture of a literature of film class when i asked earnestly, in a group of dozen hot art hoes, what gay dudes had to do with anything about film critique. turns out i misunderstood the term "male gaze" as "male gays"

i made a whole greentext about it on Yea Forums when it happened and everything

But then I’d have to work with the conservatives.

Attached: ECAF2F66-BEA7-4BE9-88A5-1799FAB70DDD.jpg (800x800, 92K)

that's actually genuinely pretty funny, user. I would've laughed with you, not at you

Uh no I go to Texas A&M it's mostly white people

what do you fap to, fren

Attached: 1532989193984.jpg (702x1200, 198K)

It doesn't get better. It doesn't get much harder either because they don't want them to drop out.

I could use the money. Too bad I'm not retarded enough to be conservative.

So you had a good time but you didn't learn anything. How great.

I gotta story for you fucks:
>in early modern philosophy class
>tripping mad balls
>can feel people looking at me
>prof is 5'0" goblin fella who says OK three different ways when replying to questions
>He walks in and I tense up
>Extra scary today
>Head growing out his body and shit, cannot concentrate on anything else
>Starts waving his hands around like a fucking madman
>beyond scared at this point
>make eye contact with him
>immediately shit myself, whole room notices
>japanese student who may or may not be a trap laughs
>leave class and email other students for notes

Just do it you fucking coward lmao.

>you never got shouted down by a disabled black tranny in the middle of a discussion on Hamlet for being an oppressor? you must not have learned anything lmao

no, this is like that one episode of Seinfeld where the car is out of gas but keeps going.

Thats my life. i want to see how far i can take this

I've had a very similar experience in a couple computer science classes.

There's always gonna be some cringe in Humanities courses, just a fact of life. In my experience it all comes down to how the prof contains it. I'm taking an Existentialism course and the prof is a bumbling idiot, so I've had plenty of similar experiences because he doesn't tell students to shut the fuck up when necessary.

On the other hand, I'm also taking a Political Philosophy course, same level and prerequisites, but the prof has way more control over discussions. Just don't take courses with shitty profs.

lmfao, hope this is real. acid?