What is the best film adaptation of Goethe's Faust?

What is the best film adaptation of Goethe's Faust?
I'll read it in German later, but my German isn't really good, so I want to have a general understanding of the story first.

Attached: Faust-1926-Poster-MGM.jpg (220x334, 23K)

Thommas Manns Faust ist more accessible, tip

imo svankmajer

Pic is very much related, no ? The Fritz Lang adaptation.

yeah, is it good?

Who here inhabits a /faustiansoul/?

Attached: 5CFBB544-43EC-43C5-88B1-1BC3DA3BEEF7.jpg (627x482, 45K)

Actually fantastic, but I don't know if that movie would help OP understand Faust.

who here transracial with no people or culture?

this one

Attached: faust-17-rcm0x1920u.jpg (1358x1920, 260K)

nigga looks like the twins from Rugrats

Excellent. The Fritz and that more recent Sokurov adaptation (2010-ish ?), which I would also recommend.

Togashi’s Faust

I think I'll watch the Sukorov adaptation

that ones a bit difficult though if you don't know German.

holy shit you're right

can't i just watch it with subtitles?

Murnau

So is the literary work, dunce

That one is also difficult if you do know German. Nobody knows what the fuck Goethe was trying to say in part 2.

The photoshopped egghead Spencer memes are pretty funny. He actually likes them a lot too which in itself is worth commending.

With that being said, every once in a while I feel like I have a Faustian soul, and then I fuck up everything I try and I'm reminded that I'm just a worthless drug addict who hopelessly grasps at hobbies and interests smart people used to have like a blind man crawling down a hallway. It doesn't matter how many translations of Greek classical works I've read and how many times I convince myself I'll be an engineer someday rather than just an engineering student. It's all just a cargo cult, just like everyone else.

I mean the dialogue is rather dense and speedy.

It's one of the few films where i was constantly pausing.

Seconded. Andrew Sachs's voicework in the English dub is great; it's one of the few movies I prefer to watch dubbed.

it isn't

both good suggestions

You guys are confused. OP's pic is F. W. Murnau's adaptation. He's the man who made Nosferatu, The Last Laugh, and Sunrise. Fritz Lang never made an adaptation of Faust.

P. S. Murnau's adaptation is excellent.

This one, obviously.

Attached: faust.jpg (350x435, 128K)

That looks dope af

Came here to post this