Become a Hack Writer

Why haven’t you taken the hack writer pill?

>no boss
>set your own hours
>make millions a year
>work from home or anywhere else you want
>bitches will beg to slobber on your dick
>people will think you’re sophisticated and intelligent and elegant
>jailbait thots will beg to slobber on your dick

Why haven’t you written a novel yet? 80,000 words. Pick something generic like murder mystery or romance and just shit out the words. Most of the competition is fucking retarded and doesn’t know proper grammar or they are “artistic” with “vision and integrity” and write autistic bullshit nobody wants to read. Reading is a meme. People do it for fun and nobody really reads for the symbolism or themes and shit. Download LibreOffice now and get cracking.

Pic related: best selling author Richard Castle getting attacked by a horny fan.

Attached: D264A284-BCBE-4CEB-A2D3-0DAE99A0BB0D.jpg (640x447, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/7/16/17566276/cockygate-amazon-kindle-unlimited-algorithm-self-published-romance-novel-cabal
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he isnt writing a formulaic netflick flick to rake in a six figure paycheck
>he wont live off that paycheck the next two years writing a best selling novella
>he wont live the next five years after that writing an exhaustive hypermodernist tome

it's almost like youre writing for the oprah winfrey audience

>Most of the competition is fucking retarded
and so is the audience. no one reads fucking crap and you need to have connects to be memed. youll just be toiling around your room reading classics trying to convince yourself to do something you hate. just pick up a real job and accept that few people will remember or care about your existence and death

What are you autists going on about? Write for the mainstream audience. You guys think 50 Shades was a good book? Fuck artistic expression. It’s all about the cash money. Peasants.

Attached: CC37B220-4286-40EC-A2DE-2BB3675A29BF.jpg (2247x3000, 1.04M)

i just told you all to write a formulaic television piece while you are cutting your teeth and need cash.

if you think there's another way beside reincarnation into aristocracy then youve bloody lost it

Do you idiots really think making money off books is so easy? It's a mixture of pettiness, marketing, and politicking.

google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/7/16/17566276/cockygate-amazon-kindle-unlimited-algorithm-self-published-romance-novel-cabal

>The stereotype of a Kindle Unlimited author is someone who is “pumping out short, pulpy reads,” in the words of best-selling romance writer Zoe York. But even if you write well, write prolifically, and cater to the market, it still doesn’t mean you’ll find success. “That skill set of finding a cold audience, getting them to hook into your product, and then consume through your product backlist, that’s harder than it sounds,” says York. The people who do succeed have that skill set. “They’re not good writers, but they’re great marketers.”

Do you think it's a justified evil to create a Harry Potter-like YA novel with a versatile universe that is easily expanded for sequels/reimaginings/film adaptations so that you can finance a life abroad writing something good?

RENOUNCE
THE
FLESH

Attached: phantasm.png (640x447, 417K)

This. The best novels don't necessarily sell. The ones with marketing, social media presence, and connections get in. 50 shades of shit sold because it was a twilight fanfiction that grew so popular she scrubbed it and published it.
you write a shitty YA and it's 1 in 10,000 shitty YA. writing isn't a get rich quick scheme.
Sometimes I think Yea Forums is the lowest IQ board on this shithole of a website.

I know a couple successful writers, and they hardly know what the fuck they're even saying. They value feeling over thinking, so everything that comes out of them is thoughtless melodramatic trash that only sells because of marketing and the fact that people are morons. I also know some obscure intellectuals who make peanuts for their work, but they're perfectly content where the pop writers, well, just aren't. Give me toiling in obscurity doing satisfying work over vain pop bullshit, easy.

>bitches will beg to slobber on your dick
>jailbait thots will beg to slobber on your dick
Yeah, but then you're at their mercy for life. You must continue to appease them lest they #metoo you out of your livelihood

Because commercial literature is all about image/marketing. Do you think you actually just send manuscripts to agents in 2019 and make millions?

If you retain the movierights and sell to netflix ur set

Isn't it funny how the only people who care about women slobbering on their dick are the ones who've never experienced it in any capacity? Women aren't that great. Not because they're women specifically, but because people generally aren't that great to begin with. Women are no exception and just because they suck they're not going to entertain you for much beyond that. This is not a selling point.

REPENT
YOUR
SINS

You know how many YA/Airplane fiction writers there are out there?
I honestly think your chances of making it among such saturated competition, especially as a white male, are lower than writing super pretentious thousand page pomo novels with philosophical themes and 70s pop culture references.
The audience for the pomo novels is much more diehard and less fleeting. In a few years nobody will be buying whatever the YA flavor of the week is but people are still picking up DFW, Pynchon, Murakami. And they all lived (except for dfw but anyway) long enough to see theri books get discussed by academics, the cash still rolls in, the movie adaptation is by some Wong Kar Wei type guy instead of Ari Shekelstein.
I'm just saying. Chances of success higher if able to write a Yea Forums tier thing due to less competition, plus the success and acclaim are much more enjoyable and financially sustainable.
Obvi churning out YA and getting a big box office movie deal is the best option but that's probably about as likely as winning the lottery.

>not just slapping the keyboard for six weeks straight and then printing it as an art project

I agree. My mum once asked me why I don't just get a job playing video games on youtube, same thing.
t. Alfsvoid btw. Forgot my trip

your mom was encouraging a streaming career?
Bad advice.

>What are you autists going on about? Write for the mainstream audience. You guys think 50 Shades was a good book?

But how many books like 50 Shades are written every year? And how many of them sell even 1/5 of what 50 Shades sold?

It's not easy to be found and talked about and sold and read, even if you write the most generic and fan-service-oriented trash.

If you know the secret I would gladly write a novel just for the money, but it isn't simple.

not that user but i think the book(s) were so successful because it is something that is a little taboo and people can relate to it especially, it seems, women. i think you can do that with lets say men not being able/culturally allowed to express themselves or some shit like that. i know its not the greatest comarison but i hope you get the point. jsut dont make it too autistic or too deep imo.

tiddies