This is exceptionally comfy

This is exceptionally comfy

Attached: 486C2BE1-0340-4F3E-BCB9-7EB6E72CFA8B.jpg (300x400, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NLJ9z2bzAdQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Right?

The two towers is better

Try the Silmarillion when you're done. The Ainulindale part at the start is very comfy too.

thoughts on 60th anniversary edition?

Tolkien was a chill guy himself, very grandfatherly old sort type. Hurins children got a couple stories worth checkin too

To me everything about the books jumped massively in quality when perspective shifted to Sam and Frodo in the two towers and then it stays at that level for the return of the king as well.
Its kinda weird how sudden it was.

Nice edition to user. Is that an illustration by David Day?

It's one of Tolkien's own illustrations.
He was really underrated as an illustrator imo.

Attached: jrrthobbiton.jpg (1075x1440, 651K)

Also interested in this. It looks really comfy, but I'm really turned off by the inclusion of a "Reader's Companion". Any opinions?

Super comfy

for me, the 7-volume millennium hardcover edition

Attached: lord-of-the-rings-millennium-edition-1.jpg (1080x1080, 201K)

Comfy.

But I wonder what this little hobbit is about to say?

Attached: word.jpg (165x249, 32K)

Probably something about Old Toby, the finest pipeweed from the Southfarthing.

was it supposed to be tobacco or marijuana? the movies sorta implied the latter at times.

Probably something inbetween.

that thing is sexy af

it comes with a cd of recordings of tolkien reading passages from the book.
youtube.com/watch?v=NLJ9z2bzAdQ
In the prologue to The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien stated specifically that "it is a strain of the herb nicotiana".

K I N O
I
N
O

Too bad that Harper Collins logo at the bottom of the spine ruins it...

>only three volumes of comfy fantasy
psshh, please

Attached: wot-covers.png (706x325, 189K)

Meh....it drug on for about 5 books too many. Had potential to be on the level of LotR but failed to do so due to it's stupidly long length.

The Conan Stories are max comfy, as are Narnia, Prydain, and pretty much all of George MacDonald's fantasies.

Oh yeah it totally drags. RJ became way too obsessed with goofy romantic subplots, but that's actually sort of the appeal to me. I don't have to take very seriously and it's just fun entertainment.

The Eye of the World actually rivals Tolkien imo tho.

Is having daughters the ultimate cuckoldry?
I cannot think or comprehend of anything more cucked than having a daughter. Honestly, think about it rationally. You are feeding, clothing, raising and rearing a girl for at least 18 years solely so she can go and get ravaged by another man. All the hard work you put into your beautiful little girl - reading her stories at bedtime, making her go to sports practice, making sure she had a healthy diet, educating her, playing with her. All of it has one simple result: her body is more enjoyable for the men that will eventually fuck her in every hole.
Raised the perfect girl? Great. Who benefits? If you're lucky, a random man who had nothing to do with the way she grew up, who marries her. He gets to fuck her tight pussy every night. He gets the benefits of her kind and sweet personality that came from the way you raised her.
As a man who has a daughter, you are LITERALLY dedicating at least 20 years of your life simply to raise a girl for another man to enjoy. It is the ULTIMATE AND FINAL cuck. Think about it logically

I agree. It's too bad the rest of the series wasn't on it's level. After TeotW Jordan essentially became and autist and had to detail every fucking minute difference in his magic system and started the bullshit romance plots. It's a shame because it started so well and with so much promise.

I feel the same about Malazan and ASoIaF as well.

Different user here. Interested in starting Malazan. Where is the drop off point for you in terms of enjoyment and what brought it on?

I think The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn were on level with TEotW, and RJ's orginal intention was to do three volume Tolkien homage, so I think he succeeded and then just decided to let his autism run free. I think it is a little unfair to expect him him to keep up Tolkien level quality for 15 books, so I just enjoy them for what they are.

the literary equivalent of this pizza

shit

Attached: fc342.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Malazan has the opposite problem of WoT. It starts off incredibly slowly with autistic world-building and only starts picking up towards the end of book 4.

>it gets good after 4 books

Attached: 1551143811809.png (275x266, 87K)

No. If RJ were a pizza it'd have pineapples on it and ranch dressing on the side.