Do you agree with Woolf's idea of the middlebrow?

Do you agree with Woolf's idea of the middlebrow?

Attached: Dv_NfqSWkAEPh_Y.jpg (632x629, 164K)

Passing judgement on what is or is not middlebrow is inherently middlebrow.

Attached: [email protected] (500x758, 59K)

pretty spot on I would say; I fully admit I am middle brow because to have in her words 'living taste' that would require me to sort through shit in the real world instead of just sifting through what has already been settled. It's much easier and I prefer it.

Yes. Where is that from btw?

*raises one eyebrow to mid-level*

Living painters could all be terrible

Who is a living painter I should put on my wall?
Why not just save pepes on my computer?

Attached: 34563456634.jpg (1200x847, 1.13M)

An essay from
"The Death of the Moth, and other essays, by Virginia Woolf"

Be honest, did you read any of the non-highlighted sections?

thanks anonito

Nah she's just rich and wants to protect her wealth and the high gates of the literary writer

Name me one (1) living painter that is forging new ground in the medium; as big an impact as the impressionists had. It can be considered shit (as the impressionists were) but I want to see something I've never seen before, with intellectual justification for it.

Deep

What most of Yea Forums won’t accept is that they just got BTFO because they’re incapable of appreciating contemporary lit, suck it dusty tome-loving dweebs

wtf I love Mira Gonzalez now

God consumerists are so drab

>no living artists are making any impact because i havent heard of them
>likely knows maximum 3 living artists, only enjoys "impressionists" (lmao) for the same middlebrow reasons in the op

i dont even have words for how dumb you are. please leave this board

Stopped reading at "furniture". My idea of middlebrow is Mrs Dalloway desu.

Please enlighten us

What do you do with the reproductions when the painter dies?

>some random fag said a thing.

The point is it doesn't matter
Even if the entirety of the present day is terrible you still live in it

pretty chad

basically sums up trad cucks. people who cant see value in anything that hasnt acquired a thick layer of dust are sub human.

>but I cannot imitate their style of talking
lmao

>people who cant see value in anything that hasnt acquired a thick layer of dust are sub human.

or they're just working on developing their taste and going with the safe and smart option of studying the classics

you can't tell good from bad in the contemporary without seeing a lot of good old stuff first

her definition of mid brow is fucking wrong btw

There is a great distinction between middlebrows and highbrows, beyond using the absurdly derivative categories to define one another, and that is simply creation. Lowbrow procreate, middlebrow recreate, and highbrow create.