Yea Forums, how do we make sure we are ruled by a Philosopher King?

Yea Forums, how do we make sure we are ruled by a Philosopher King?

Attached: philosopher king.jpg (800x600, 109K)

i nominate girardfag

In this age, who could live up to the standard? I don't believe such a man exists.

By voting for Bernie

We can't have a philosopher king, a Caeser, a Napoleon, or an Alexander. The age of great men is dead, killed by our obscene rationality.
I just want a Caeser to rise and remake the world from ashes, but no, we can't even have that anymore.

Attached: the-inferno-canto-34-1.jpg!Large.jpg (750x599, 125K)

I'm on the case dont worry

The most based picture ever. Anyway, I really don't know. I genuinely wish such an ideal could manifest in our society. Would be incredible. But some ideals might be too ideal. Who would rule? He'd have to be a sage, perhaps raised in the Eastern traditions. Someone without worldly attachment, and desiring only to rule as justly as possible. Likely unattainable, especially by today's standards, but always worth pondering.

there can only be one

Attached: 1514083003823.jpg (895x788, 31K)

Depends on which philosophy. I can imagine that in these days, a stoic king could easily be a communist. "Why do you want recognition for doing well at your job? You're doing well at the role you've been given so that should be enough. Back to the grind with you."

stop assuming it's your choice at all, and that his philosophy would even begin to match with yours

hey back off kiddo

Attached: SARADAKALI3-786x1024.png (786x1024, 1.55M)

carry on till the end the continuous revolution under the dictatorship of the proletariat

takes care of itself

Attached: g2-12.jpg (425x580, 73K)

>The age of great men is dead
we really were the greeks all along arent we

Evil jew meme!

I'm not sure what youre getting at here :)

The spillage of the Eastern gods into Western thought is a provocation soley towards Christianity itself, acted out by the jewish scholars, psychologists, and their philosophers.

Who wouldn't want to be ruled by this man.

Attached: 15d76-zizek.jpg (354x486, 35K)

By city he meant your soul, and by philosopher king he meant reason. So you can ensure you're ruled by a philosopher king simply by making reason the ruler of your soul. Read Phaedrus.

Attached: 1546525123603.jpg (1063x1025, 428K)

Ask him

>wanting to be ruled
Why such spineless sheeple?

Attached: 1CFDF5BB-4F40-4EFA-A1E7-F3B5731F0352.jpg (150x387, 15K)

Based anime poster

You could start by dropping the childish need for certainty in all things.
>a philosopher king, a Caeser, a Napoleon, or an Alexander
those are four very different things you little fascist weakling

Not him, nor am I you,
But I have a question

How is Alexander not a pre-Caesar figure?
Nay, is he not also a Napoleon war monger?
And the philosopher king to I say, under the greats he learned.

But no, they're not all the same, yet they're not leap and bounds apart in their fame.

>today's standards
You mean the standards of fat little media addicts who can't agree on anything due to years of easy endorphins from telling people they are wrong? This Infotainment Supertoilet has divided us forever now, fucken Superman could land from space and there'd be simpletons slagging each other off over if he was okay to be king of the world or not.
Protip: wanting a clearly superior strongman to rule everything is pathological low self esteem.

>Nay, is he not also
Stop talking like the Simpsons comic store guy, i can almost hear you wiping cheeto dust onto your chest after you posted that drivel.

Fuck off hard, /pol/, Empires of the 19th century brought home trinkets and ideas as well as precious resources and trade goods. The average guy on the street knew that all religions had a grain of truth in them by the start of the 20th century, a world-shaking concept in the 17th.

>cant have fun on Yea Forums
Post body

Attached: 20190213_210414.jpg (1836x2845, 2.1M)

>You could start by dropping the childish need for certainty in all things.
what did he mean by this

Attached: 1540962372974.gif (500x333, 500K)

I'm not /pol/. Stop thinking this is a us vs them world view
Pro tip; it isn't

>twink talking rubbish, for funsies
>it was the Jooze
/pol/ trifling bitch confirmed

>say something
>nuh uh ur /pol/

Cringe

First you call me a slob
And then you change it to a twink

Bruh who hurt you

ure stupid and I hate the jews myself:)

I dont even hate the jews
But if you look into the occultic and esoteric groups you'll see high jewish influence among the members

user you're really cute, i'd love for you to lovingly bully my prostate into submission with your surely massive dick :3

Why do most people at uni not read the readings for class? Honestly I'm heading into third year in a week and I hope people read.

G'day my fellow Australian *tips cork hat*

Attached: cork-hats-name-views-size-ebay.jpg (392x450, 26K)

Politics is a meme, be your own philosopher king

that reality is basically empty and meaningless. the complexity of it is boundless and thus you can't have any lasting certainty about most things.
we humans in the developed world think about everything in a planable space and time in the future. but who can asure you that the stock market will be well amd still there in 10-15 years? no one. you can't even be sure you will wake up tomorrow so stop turning everything into a subject object relation and start being there with the whole of cosmic Being present with you.

We do, his name is Donald J Trump and he hopes to make America a great nation again

My lecturer today told us just not to show up if you haven't done the readings. Pretty good advice desu what the fuck you get from a class you can't participate in is beyond me.

>how do we make sure we are ruled by a Philosopher King?
Ask them their opinion on Forms

>reality is basically empty and meaningless
>the complexity of it is boundless
hmmm

Imagine his state of the union address and so on

>Pro tip

Attached: 1509989979320.jpg (639x472, 104K)

Sure, just exchange words until the text fits.

>he saves pictures of men on his computer

The woman in the back is cute desu

>first year of uni becomes free
>barely anyone does the readings or unmarked homework assigned to us etc
dunno what the nz government expected

Yeah that is why you saved that image user.
That's why.

Make a phd in philosophy a requirement for holding public office.

Why is this a hard question?

I'm not the guy who posted it

How am I supposed to know that?

He says multiple times throughout the dialogue that city is allegorical to the individual, and the entire conceit was to find out what justice is to the individual by enlarging the concept into a city. It is no mistake that the 3 classes in Plato's republic align perfectly with the tripartite account of the soul in Phaedrus. Now, The Republic isn't purely an ethics text, not everything is allegorical, but it surely isn't just a text on politics either.

Attached: 1549360764453.jpg (661x749, 114K)

>when you start reading plato's thoughts on democracy and remember that you live in one

Attached: 1544928122874.jpg (250x244, 3K)

what do you mean "in this age"?
No man ever existed and most likely never will

We already are.

Attached: 1450013629834.jpg (750x500, 297K)

>implying I've read any of that shit.
I picked up "The State" and understood within 20 pages why the Athenians made Sokrates drink what he drank.

philosophers are the LAST people i want to be rulers. when their ideas fail, they are the most skilled and sophisticated at denying, ignoring, and explaining away the realities that lie directly in front of our faces.

see: communism, fascism, theocracy, monarchy, etc

Attached: 0dbc85af56156b4a76400efe0b4bbbd3.jpg (1024x1536, 125K)

Clearly you are not the philosopher king. lol

oh so you're a /fit/-autist? I thought you were all into meme-stoicism, not meme-platonism/cryptofascism.

Not just, but mainly. He actually addresses this in the Republic, I think in Book 6 though I'm struggling to find the quotation (no need for the Phaedrus btw, he sets out the comparison himself in 4th.) Aristotle (Politics 2nd) has no doubt P.'s schemes are political, seems terribly odd for him to misunderstand his teacher so crassly. I hazard to say that no author before the Neoplatonists dealt with the Republic as mainly an allegory: read Laertius' biography say, or the intro to (his admirer) Cicero's Republic.
P.'s procedure ('smaller letters' etc.) doesn't make the text an allegory, or imply that the good city wasn't feasible to the author himself. The gist of the quote I can't seem to find is that it would be difficult, but not impossible, to establish philosophers as rulers.

Actually the state of the city you're in matters a lot. A big part of the argument is that a corrupted city would corrupt its' inhabitants. Viz. the account of the deterioration of philosophical youths in 6th.

>dude u can’t know nuffin lmao
wisdom of the ages

A vote for me is a vote to be free! I'll clean this filth away the likes of which you have never seen! If you elect me your king, I can promise you one thing and one thing only: I'll bring back philosophy into every daycare and pre-school - you have my word.

sauce...nao

this

not wanting someone to steer the ship

kek

Pls refrain from name-calling on this nice board

>unmarked homework assigned to us
what kind of useless shit is this? I wouldn't do it either