Should I read Gravity's rainbow

Should I read Gravitys rainbow? If so can jump right in to it or do I have to read a couple of books just to understand it?

Attached: image.jpg (333x445, 35K)

Yeah but read the first three books he wrote in publication order

You should.
Read V. and TCOL49 first. When you read GR, even if you don't get it, at least make the effort to get to Part 2.

Against the Day is way more fun. read that instead

>reading for fun
>t.shelflet

>reading to get smart
>t.brainlet

>reading
>t.incel

>unironically calling someone an incel
>t.NPC

>acting like we're not all NPC's controlled by the metaphorical Matrix of internet culture and social media and that none of us are smart enough to actually become playing characters
>t.bluepill

>NPC
>t.r/the_donald

>projecting your own limitations and failures onto others and giving up on improving yourself and thinking this is enlightened
>t."i'm redpilled"

Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can kill politicians?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I’m trying to tell you that when you’re ready, you won’t have to.

>I am tolerant and progressive
>t.darius prepper

Why should I read those first and is his other books worth checking out?

can someone just tell me what happen to slothrop

It was the first Pynchon I ever read and it was difficult but I loved it. No problem with jumping right in.

Seriously, Against the Day is wonderful. Funniest book i've ever read

>thinks NPC doesn't include the people using it exclusively for partisan politics on popular social media
>t.open minded

>NPC

holy shit, shut the fuck up

You evidently haven't read A Confederacy of Dunces

No, just have a banana

>muh wingcucks
>t.centrist faggot
Now truly, if DFW be the reddit of Yea Forums, then it shall also hold true as one astute user has posited, that Pynchon is the capeshit.

If you read it with the companion (it's literally just annotations on the various references), pic related, you can just jump right in and it will tell you when you need to look into something further to understand what's going on.

Forgot pic

Attached: 51NH5J5Q0KL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (317x474, 28K)

>lacks reading comprehension and is unable to think beyond belonging to meme groups
>t.posts on Yea Forums

>rockets
They're phallic, don't read this gay shit

>subverted and sissified but at least I'm not a meme-winger!
>t.you

>Should I read Gravitys rainbow?
Yes.
>If so can jump right in to it or do I have to read a couple of books just to understand it?
Reading Pynchon's earlier fiction will not actually prepare you for Gravity's Rainbow. As for the countless allusions, you have the Internet, make good use of it. GR is an extremely dense and chaotic book and the most important factor for understanding it is rereading, not reading other books or doing exaggerated amounts of research.

Is this meme book still being pushed?
When you prep treyshaun, you are literally prepping yourself to read pynchon

i honestly disagree. its a great read but gravitys rainbow is slightly more classic. some of the more off the wall parts are unmatched in literature.

Im just so tired of overly bleak lit, i want some shit with some sunshine and Against the Day has some of that in it

>Has no idea what my view point is but replaces any sense of self in exchange for membership in a group that can easily be accused of the very thing it asserts it's supposed opposition of doing and must defend it at any cost because that is what the programing codes for in order to maintain proper functioning.
>t.I will call him a sissy that will show him!

>has no idea
Oh, but I do. You're a nigger

against the day is arguably even more bleak.

I started with it but Against the Day, Mason and Dixon are better.

>is unable to form an argument
>t.I will call him a word I would never dare say to an actual black person in real life

>black
>person
Gee it sure is reddit in here

Attached: based.jpg.png (1200x1304, 320K)

>has to get the last word in
>t.I'm so new I still think I'm part of a secret club that must repeat the same words over and over in order to fit in.

who has won this battle

fpbp

no just jump right in. its hard because the writing style is hard, im almost thru part 1 and there havent been any obscure references. he references freaking hansel and gretel.

even the science parts are explained as they are presented

uh user, books can't turn you gay you know

>t..giflet

What do you think fpbp means you fucking retard

fpbping nonfps is the phresh new meme

Is that what some 12 year old told you after fucking up on Yea Forums?

no

Yes I can