Why the fuck do you have this shitty job if you have a lot of wisdom and a higher perception of how the world works?

Why the fuck do you have this shitty job if you have a lot of wisdom and a higher perception of how the world works?

Attached: doublelit.jpg (236x354, 18K)

What shitty job?

What is your job?
Most of the threads about Yea Forums jobs are fucking awful normie tier.

...i'm a campaign manager who has run numerous successful american campaigns. i very much put my knowledge into practice and it's paid off.

If so, you think there is a correlation between reading and job success.
Sorry for my broken English btw.

I quit my comfortable job as a software developer to help my friend start a nonprofit while delivering food as a means to survive AMA

why

I'm still a student, but I work part time in a library. Why is having a normie job bad?

in some respects, for some people, and for some professions, absolutely.

my own education--which was a mix between philosophy and government--led directly to my professional career and success. so, from my perspective, i wholeheartedly endorse an academic basis for real activity.

I have a great job, what are you on about

Larpers like you can fuck off, Rapture.

Who are you talking to

My wisdom and higher perception of how the world works have taught me that a job is not a good place to try to find happiness or fulfillment.

Lack of drive and determination. Or you're just blackpilled and don't give a fuck.

>And this is?
Motivation?

I am unsure what it is you are asking me.

My job is fantastic as other anons in this thread. Still feel like shit tho.

what is it you think i actually do? do you think my massive library of political science and campaign management books are just--what--sitting there for fun? no, they really are the basis of my career.

what's funny is that i do what i say i do; i also teach, but that's neither here nor there.

How much does one make managing, what I assume are, local election campaigns?
It seems all the important campaigns, state and national, are data driven now.

I wash dishes for a living, its honest work and I'm not hurting anyone, nor do I have to deal with the corrupting force of wealth.

I'm happy with it, but I suppose I'll have to get more income if I decide to get married someday, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I work on the railroad. It provides me with between CAD100-140k/year, roughly 2-3 hrs of reading time per day, and lots of time looking out at the night sky thinking about what I'm reading and writing.

I don't really have that much wisdom or a higher perspective, but I feel the need to express my thoughts somehow. Talking with fellow railroaders isn't the way.

I'm a high school English teacher.

>talking with fellow railroaders isn't the way

If you can capture the plainspeak of your fellow railroaders into a written form like Eugene O Neill or Steinbeck did, then it is a way.

I get to read at work.

I get blacked for a living big boi ;-)

is your name Albert Einstein?

>How much does one make managing
He won't answer that. He has no idea

>Implying I have any job at all
I cannot stress how important it is that you guys get half decent jobs during the summer while in university. Or at least pursue something worthwhile. I spent my undergrad getting drunk hell and working menial worthless jobs in the summer. The thing is, you can swing a job with a shit degree if you have decent experience, and you can swing a job without any experience but a decent degree. But if you get some BA without supplementing your CV in some other area, you'll end up like me: Utterly fucked.

I'm a carpenter and I feel trapped because I don't what other work I could do that pays...

Attached: jesus-carpenter.jpg (1706x2454, 918K)

the average i've seen hovers around a 100k salary--but this is for managers at the congressional level. not really sure what local campaign managers make--i assume it hovers around 60k, though i've seen a range, including circumstances in which volunteers and pro-bono work has managed, but this is rare.

i'm not comfortable listing my actual income, but viz. campaign management, its in the ballpark of the first set of averages.

Learn to code

I unironically would if I hadn't failed coding twice in highschool. I'm too much of a brainlet to do coding or mathematics, which had locked me out of 90% of all lucrative career paths in the 21st Century. I am a superfluous man for the modern economy.

What about a trade like welding?

Thinking about it, more and more frequently. Either that or joining the army. I don't know anything about any trade so it's hard for me to commit to one of them while barely understanding what it's actually like being in one as a profession. Grew up knowing more lawyers than plumbers.

If you’re a man of higher intelligence it is only natural to trap yourself

Attached: 95AE0E28-512B-4101-8DA4-C9F1F9A425FE.jpg (304x500, 34K)

guessing..
because so much that's supposed to matter doesn't. there's clearly too much shit.