How does one develop a refined taste in literature?

I'm just getting back into reading again, and I'm fascinated by coming across accounts on Goodreads with 23 year olds having read thousands of books.

Attached: 1550881546273.png (389x370, 171K)

Smoke marijuana

Do not do this. It will make reading harder. Go to a good bookshop and buy 20 books. Get a comfortable armchair with good lighting. Drink either red wine or Scotch whisky. If you smoke then make sure you have a pack on hand. Repeat every other night until all 20 books are finished.

you answered your own question. literally by reading many different books. there isn't much else to it.

A happy Leni is a cute Leni.

>dont smoke but smoke

>Not understanding that tobacco and marijuana effect your brain very differently.

>Not understanding a fucking joke

Go a head and explain it

it's kinda lame tho

gay

>23 year olds having read thousands of books.
I want to call it bullshit.
Never in my entire life i would have enough free time to read a thousand books while studying or working. Specially at 23. Only in a neet highshcool dropout scenario i could have a change to read that much.
How the fuck do they get their free time to do all that shit?

high school is braindead and demands no attention to succeed. that's why so many smart kids learn to coast and have no work ethic. I easily played 10k hours of vidya in high school alone and still got into a decent uni. If I spent that time reading, I would have read a thousand books by 23, ez.

What do you do for a living? I want to know how much of a slop I am.

No joke smoking makes me read much faster, if the goal is just to rack up points then you should 100% be getting blazed before you read

Don't listen to these anons OP, read on opiates

It's not hard to read 2 or 3 YA books per week. Do this every week from 14-23 and you've read 1000 books

100% this

But 1000? You’d be scraping the bottom of the barrel by then. Surely even plebs who read YA have some standards.

>accounts on Goodreads with 23 year olds having read thousands of books.
link? I want to see these weirdos.

leni is best girl

Attached: 4894b6a2f8b2f53bb003b951633eb8646299bd52.png (371x492, 10K)

its better to be well read than widely read

>12663020
This but unironically. Back when I used to do percs I'd regularly read novels in a couple of sittings.

meant for

I am 27 years old.

I’m also gay btw

You could start by deleting all your Yea Forums pictures.

Agreed but where does an ignorant man start?

what are you reading for? Entertainment? Philosophy? Because if you ask that question here, you're really only going to get one answer.

Personal recreation. The answer is read, innit? I guess that was a purty stoopid question, ah?

Attached: 13-og.jpg (649x432, 49K)

>with 23 year olds having read thousands of books
those people generally don't have any hobbies or any other tastes than reading

Don't bother go live

then you dont really need a refined taste, just find something you enjoy reading

Attached: 176e2aef0f69f8d54d36377bda2ed492446a3b4a_00.gif (255x320, 1.32M)

this tip: put it down if youre not liking it

reading thousands of books is the exact opposite of refinement