I need help after my first literature class at uni

>Be me super excited after 2 years of only studying accounting I get to do a broadening unit at uni
>Go in full of life. So happy to study something I love
>The first half an hour the lecture slide is "DEAD WHITE MEN"
>All about "de-canonization" which is essentially too many whites who write good
>The lecturers are two women and the most jew looking dude I have ever seen
>We are going to study "the merchant in venice" we are warned about "problematic content"
I'm in fucking Australia. Is all literature classes like this now? Was this fluke? advice?

Attached: 1548172539953.jpg (1001x611, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aswdMhHhczM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I live in a former penal colony
>Why am I surrounded by devious cunts?

What university in Australia? And yes... it varies between universities but most Arts/Humanities departments are contaminated with this sort of insane ideology.

Drop the course or endure it. You can't beat them.

Most humanities courses are like this now. Often one's grade in the class can be damaged by taking an incorrect ideological position in your coursework. If you don't want to deal with that possibility then I suggest dropping the class.

I might. Anyone know any interesting units to do?

>Often one's grade in the class can be damaged by taking an incorrect ideological position in your coursework.
You either have sone really shit teachers or don't know how to argue at all.

Out of the humanities the field that is the least infected with this nonsense is Classics. It's starting there too, of course, but it's not at this level yet. Your Classics department is probably safe. Probably.

You seem to be under the impression that these professors want to argue with anyone, rather than indoctrinate them.

I'm in my final year at an australian sandstone uni. If your institution offers a major in classics you should do that instead. They'll have you do classical languages (usually attic greek and classical latin) along with courses that study the greeks and romans. There will be some identity politics crap from time-to-time, but you will mostly avoid it.

>talk about white decanonization when Straya is the most literarily bereft dustbowl on Earth
>not focusing on own marginalized authors they have, b/c muh they hate abos

second they being the australian authors that is.
Like Baylebridge

Baylebridge is just a baby Yea Forums meme really, not well known generally. Australia has quite a few notable literary figures who wrote significant poetry or prose but they are also not well known even in Australia outside literary circles.

I hope youre not paying for it, cucks in america have to pay for higher education just to hear some immature fuck go on about how unfair the world is from the comfort of an airconditioned room with clean running water

I still find this hard to believe. I did history and literature at a top private uni and now am an MA in Classics at a large state school and I have only heard the phrase "Dead White Men" on the internet. Lit theory classes of course discussed feminist, Marxist, decolonial theory because a basic understanding is pretty necessary to read any secondary scholarship, but I was certainly never marked poorly for disagreeing ideologically with criticism

youtube.com/watch?v=aswdMhHhczM

I'm Canadian but this doesn't line up with my experience of humanities. My ethics professor almost redpilled me into Catholicism, would make arguments about gay sex being unhealthy, ect.

He's right, gay sex caused AIDS

none of this happened
sjws are living in your head
go back to

welcome to sydney/melbourne university. If you're in the former, have fun, most of the arts departments are just this.

t. sydney uni student

fuck off libtard

>pretty necessary to read any secondary scholarship

Only the factory farm kind.

>Need to go into arguement about everytime you need recieve a grade and having to watch the teacher getting triggered that someone doesnt agree with their of their specific teaching points.
If its in the their evaluation requirements written that you need to evaluated according to your praise for their ideology then you dont have much to complain about when you do the contrary.

This is the main irony i find when humanities students shit on Stem students
Atleast the stem students arent paying to attend a literal indoctrination and bragging about that their degree has a "soul" and a "taste".

Attached: 1538882613113.jpg (640x640, 65K)

hook, line, and sinker.

Attached: bait- the musical.jpg (900x900, 125K)