Dark Materials vs Narnia

Who did it better?

Attached: 1617F5E9-163C-4BA2-AE30-21FFAD67819C.jpg (748x508, 54K)

is this a fucking joke? anyone who actually says lewis is mentally deficient.

>lewis
That's a weird way to spell Pullman

Pullman at least read his Blake and Milton, and had interesting ideas from it. Lewis is just all over the place, he'll throw in Father Christmas for no reason, talking animals, comedy Arabs, there's no coherence.

Reading Narnia was an awful childhood experience, I don't know why I finished the series.

Pullman is the best children author ever, save for Dahl. Change my mind. Pro tip: you can't.

Both are shit senpai

Astrid Lindgren, Hans Christian Andersen

GREG
FARSHTEY

>The Golden Compass
>Kino with Armored Talking Bears and whimsical adventurous plot

>The Subtle Knife
>Opens with kid murdering someone
>MUH EBIL ORGANIZATION IS ACKSHULLY THE CHURCH
>Ends with character meeting literal faggot angels

>The Amber Spyglass
>Literal faggot angels die
>Muh archangels are ebil
>Muh oppresive Church
>Ends when some dumb shit kids decide to make a secular utopia
The Golden Compass was great. The other two were shit. Meanwhile, all of the book in Narnia are fucking kino, with the exception of maybe The Magician's Nephew as it was written as a prologue after Narnia blew up in popularity.

Lewis had better pacing, structure, aesthetics, and plots by a wide margin. All 7 books are significantly more entertaining than the entirety of HDM trilogy.

It also doesn't help that Pullman basically wrote HDM because Lewis triggered his inner atheist autism.

Borneo Sundress was fucking right. Alt-right. Alt-Delete.

>The Golden Compass
You mean Northern Lights, burger?

Pullman was a Chad and a scholar. People who can't grasp how cool the concept of gathering an army from multiple universes with the purpose to kill God have no business judging children's literature.

Sounds like the average JRPG

Dark Matters is based, but the new one is fucking GARBO

Example?

Pullman BTFO by a single comparison made by big-dicked anonymous poster

This but unironically

Came here to post this.

On a larger point, Pullman has an absolute normie-tier understanding of God, which turns his trilogy into what basically amounts to the whole "God should ask for my forgiveness"-tier fedora tipper meme incarnate.

fOr NaRnIa

It was actually Astrid Lindgren and her Brothers Lionheart

Dude, Dav Pilkey is the goat and you know it.

But in all seriousness I'd agree with Dahl.

Attached: images.jpg (186x271, 17K)

I disagree with Pullman's conceptions of faith and sin, but you're clearly being dishonest when you claim he's a dumb fedora

SMT3

I never said he specifically is a dumb fedora but the trilogy evolved into LOL FUCK RELGION AND FUCK GOD...that’s literally the whole point of the series. in fact, Pullman specifically stated that his intent was to write the atheist version of Narnia.