Any good books to help me make the distinction between Catholicism and regular Christianity?

Any good books to help me make the distinction between Catholicism and regular Christianity?

Attached: shutthefuckup.jpg (224x225, 6K)

catholics drink wine and eat wafers, christians drink grape juice and eat bread

The Bible.

>regular Christianity

Attached: 1360198129548.jpg (500x628, 85K)

Sects are pure ideologic cancer. One should renounce his human mind as imperfect and accept the authority of the scriptures.

What scriptures? Are sects not already "accepting the authority of the scriptures" ?

>catholicism
we have a pope lol
>protestantism
we hate the pope lol
>orthodoxy
we hate the pope but are still Catholics lol

Christianity: Based and Redpilled
Papism: Cringe and Bluepilled

Try Luther's 95 Theses.

ok buddy but what's the difference how are the two any more pilled than the other when they believe the same thing

Scriptures as in the bible? (The name bible means books, in plural) or other scriptures if christianity isn't your thing.

I meant sects shouldn't exist since they follow the same text; but you have christians, catholics, protestants, evangelicals, etc. Why? Because of ideological differences. And those differences are due to lack of faith

Nice trips of Divinity.

Also, can any Christians explain to me why apparently God allows evil because of "free will", but also clearly intervened for Sodom and Gomorrah? Or during the Flood? Also, why does God expect us to build our societies over here, while remaining over there? What's the point of this arrangement, exactly? I've been pondering theism lately, and the more I do, the less sense it makes to me. I'm steadily scratching out the belief-system from my mind completely, and align with a personal version of Pantheism now. But please lend me some answers if you can.

But faith is completely subjective depending on what sect you belong to.
Of course a non-catholic is going to think a catholic isn't "faithful" the same is going to happen vice versa.

Catholicism IS regular Christianity

>faith is completely subjective depending on what sect you belong to
Did you not read what i wrote?

Attached: TheBootyWarrior.jpg (480x360, 13K)

I did, you said that differences are due to lack of faith.
But how much "faith" someone has is completely subjective and depends on your point of view.

Anyone, please?

Christianity + Pope = Catholic
How is that so difficult to understand?

Catholic theologians try and turn everything about the faith into an autistic logic game.

You must be one of those sola scriptura retards. We don't all read the same Bible, and where do you think 'The Bible' came from, anyways?

You think you're deep, but these questions, at least in the manner you've phrased them, are incredibly shallow. God permits evil to exist, even if he occasionally stamps it out. Do you roll up a newspaper every time you see a bug indoors?

Catholicism is pedophilia

t. Anglicanfag/Agnosticfag/Athiestfag

priestarchy is organized pedophilia

You're right. But we're going in circles, here. My point is, religion SHOULD be objective. Our fallible nature is what creates the scism.

From jews in the diaspora accomodating oral tradition not very well preserved. I'm not even a christian; i'm a vedantist

Violence and the Sacred

But politics are a-ok huh? And before you say you think the political system is corrupt, stop and realize you have not and will not do anything to change what you perceive as a pedophilic sex ring. All the while reaping the benefits you get from citizenship. Pathetic.

No need to insult me, though I appreciate it when Christians showcase their trademark "love and humility" to others unprovoked. Firstly, you didn't answer the question of why there exists a human society in the first place, and why God remains removed from it. Secondly, the answer you did provide is quite unsatisfactory to me. Christians respond with "free will" whenever questioned why God permits evil instead of preventing it, but when I now give you the example of a case where there was intervention, the answer is adjusted to "he CAN stop it, and HAS stopped it, but only when he arbitrarily decides to". It doesn't even seem like you consider there to be a valid question here, as if you yourself can't see any sort of contradiction in your own theologies. If my questions are not "deep", your answers are sadly no better either. I'll respectfully proceed with my Pantheism now, since conventional Theism really seems to hold no answers for me.

Read the Bible and see who follows it. It's pretty simple.
Pro tip: one of the two considers any mention of the Bible as "sola scriptura." Can you guess which one?

God does what God wants. Your ideas of "good and evil" and morality in general are incredibly skewed because of your own corrupted and evil human nature.

The doctrine of God's grace.
>God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance
This includes evil people, even murderers. Those who were murdered either are saved and get an afterlife of heaven, or were evil and deserved to die anyways.

>next time on I Didn't Know I Was Orthodox

>God allows evil through free will
A punishment for Adam and Eve's transgression
>The flood
Humankind was too far gone to be saved at that point, so he had to push the reset button
>why does God [anything]
Like an ant pondering the inner machinations of a human. These things are so far removed from our ability to comprehend that it's useless to ask
>pondering theism
The serpent convinced Eve to eat from the tree of Knowledge and Wisdom. This was Mankind's first sin.

Also, if you have to hear/see/know God through someone, you are doing it wrong. The Bible exists, and so does He. Allow yourself a small period for Him to show Himself to you again

>From jews in the diaspora accomodating oral tradition not very well preserved.
Maybe the Old Testament, but the New plainly comes from what any discerning person would call The Church.

>though I appreciate it when Christians showcase their trademark "love and humility" to others unprovoked
le epik snark. I assume that you're hopeless, and I only respond so that others reading might benefit, but I must say my initial reply to you was far from harsh.

>why there exists a human society in the first place
Is this even a question?
>and why God remains removed from it.
According to the vast majority of Christians, he doesn't.
>free will
No Christian actually believes in free will. God gave us the Holy Spirit for a reason.
>but only when he arbitrarily decides to
What's wrong with this? Note that I contest the use of the term arbitrary, as if God were governed by his humors.
>I'll respectfully proceed with my Pantheism now
tant pis