Why does Yea Forums hate Zadie Smith?

Why does Yea Forums hate Zadie Smith?

Attached: file.png (680x680, 1.15M)

You're posting this because you know why.

I tried to like white teeth but it was even more smarmy and reddit than vonnegut. I love postmodernism. I want to like these authors. I cannot do it. It's like the Office. Always Sunny in Philadelphia is the only TV show I can stand to watch. Of course I want to love the office. Its similar and has a million seasons. It just sucks, and is reddit.

What is Reddit to you

Why does Shapiro hate AOC? Same reason.

why she use a hat? is she bald or something lol

Okay, this is epic

Putting effort into something being effortless and not pulling it off. Its hard to describe. A quality of affectation. Things that come across as trite. A lack of true bite.

Are you kidding me? Just look at her. It's obvious. She's a fucking faggot.

I have to read her for a class in a couple of months. Is she actually bad or are people just mad that she's a brown woman?

Zadie Smith is not really postmodern though? Her big thing is that she steals everything from EM Forster. Had to read White Teeth in college and did NOT enjoy it. Had a blast reading Barth, DeLillo, Nabokov and Beckett in that same class tho.

Women scare the incel

You could probably do worse, but you could also do a whole heck of a lot better.

Imagine if DFW was a brown woman and not hiding behind maximallism and gimmicks or articulate

if she were bad you wouldnt be able to call her bad because leftists like you would automatically just resort to identity politics

>Zadie Smith is not really postmodern though?
Maybe but she is aping DFW

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I've seen several interviews where Zadie GUSHES of DFW. Weird.

She's good, she's VERY good. NW is her best book. A lot of people here on Yea Forums love her, i don't know what are you talking about

Do you like post-modernism? If you do, there's a chance you might like her.

If you don't, she's not really the best of the bunch and it's just another waste of time.

IM GONNA SAY IT!

Granted I only read Swing Time but I LOVED it. So sharp, very true to life, her description of childhood perception and two girls' childhood friendship (and the mother-daughter relationship) was entirely non-sentimental, yet empathic and vivid to the point of being painful.

I did not care for the storyline whatsoever but that didn't bother me one bit because she was such a remarkable observer and so insightful about people. Here and there it felt a little off, from the top of my head I remember a gay couple as side characters that was just too cinematically endearing and fatherly, but these are flaws that mostly stood out compared to how great the rest was.

She and DFW were friends

Don't load your opinion unto my shitpost, OP. Zadie Smith is my chestnut-colored queen. I would give anything for her to step on my peenie weenie with her prototypically large African feet, undoubtedly tender and adept at trotting the Savannah undetected. She surely has the proper breeding of a house negro broodmare, and I would gracefully pull her into a protractive servility of mulatto fertility with no hope of manumission. God, I would grant this Earth a litter of halfie roody poo children just for the experience of repeatedly climaxing in that freckled Nubian goddess. I would bed her until she forgot how to write anything other than the record of how many times I inseminated her, and her other, more mundane daily chores that she would be keeping up with.

Never heard about her.

Saved

I'd fuck her but I'd never read her, sorry virgin

Who is this harlot?

Attached: 1492726359621.png (404x404, 118K)

Pretentious mamy headscarf.

this but unironically

Her prose is very straightforward, but she does have an evocative way of describing experiences at times. I like certain passages or sections, but her books as a whole are a bit too bland and come up short.

DFW is not postmodern you retard

this is now a Zadie Smith thread

Attached: WK02-MAR-books-Zadie-Smith.jpg (1200x675, 62K)