Is there a cringier genre than surrealism?

Is there a cringier genre than surrealism?

Attached: lewow.jpg (264x191, 9K)

Yes: existentialism.

fantasy

serialism

Attached: 1550446957323.jpg (500x500, 96K)

>gay Jew in New York
>written by a female
>non-white living in white country

Realism

Webern-user?

no, but I know him. I'll tell you he said hi. Also I meant literary serialism, which is autistic. Musical serialism is based.

Theory-fiction.

surrealism doesn't work in literature really well. but it butthurts eternalanglo hard so it's definitely based.

Yeah, postmodernism

Not a genre

wtf is literary serialism? I looked it up and got nothing.

It is, on Yea Forums

Stuff like Oulipo I guess. If that's what he means, he's right. Just pointless autistic experiments that don't really create any particular effect for the reader. But I would say in that respect its a lot similar to musical serialism, which is just as arbitrary and cringe.

these are my favorite genres, what does it say about me

That you are french and gay

>frenchish and love surrealism
I'd recommend David Ohle, Rene Crevel, and Leonora Carrington btw. Surrealism is like trying to find the reflection of our own world and condition in a piece of stained glass. Tiny brains incapable of perceiving beauty and meaning as separate from utility need not apply.

Attached: wow_amazing.jpg (1280x960, 270K)

If you don't make visual art along with literature you can't be a good surrealist writer.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1568, 198K)

I feel like most of the OG surrealists including Andre Breton often implemented visual art well with their writings. I'd definitely say there are good pieces which do not have drawings or photography.

Why did the French go off the deep end with their arts in the early 20th century? Is it it because they were being BTFO by the Germans at every step so they had to come up with autism like Dada and existentialism?

>Why did the French go off the deep end with their arts in the early 20th century?
Honestly the situation you're describing was much worse in Italy.

hyperrealism

The deep end is the best part of the pool.

how is Dada not the deep end?

Any examples of this?

Slam poetry

>dada
>french

Attached: image.jpg (250x250, 18K)

Read basically any cyberpunk fiction.

basically anything by burroughs, political stuff by delillo, and jg ballard's crash