Anyone here live in san jose or bay area and interested in writing together...

Anyone here live in san jose or bay area and interested in writing together? I'm looking for a writing partner with comedic influences a la O&A, 90s blue and alt comics. If this type of post isn't allowed here, anyone mind telling me where I can post to find someone in this alt community who I could partner up with. I'm thinking about moving to LA but that might be a bad idea given that their community is antithetical to this one.

Thanks everyone

Attached: download.jpg (300x465, 17K)

If you are interested. Email me at low_dope_amine@protonmail

i live in San Jose. I’m not much a writer though. I plan to start sometime but i just haven’t been able to motivate myself.
I also don’t know what those comedic influences you’re talking about are.
My favorite American writers are Whitman, Melville, and Emerson.

Are you funny? Being honest with yourself, do you think you're funny? If you aren't familiar with those I've mentioned you probably aren't caught up on comedy. Anyway, anyone interested, email [email protected] and we can talk more.

I'm just really having trouble finding people out here who are comfortable discussing alternative viewpoints with an alternative conclusion. It seems that any discussion can happen, but they must conclude with the liberal viewpoint of egalitarianism. Let alone the fact that I'm somewhat of a normal person, so the alternative people are just as fucking annoying also.

No I’m not funny.
You seem to have no grounding in the literary tradition. May I ask why you find the joe Rogan podcast community insufficient? Or why you need a “writing partner” at all?

>You seem to have no grounding in the literary tradition.
I like to read philosophy and find this community to be very open-minded yet also intellectual. The JRE community is not intellectual in the slightest.

In a sense, you are correct. I have very little grounding in the literary tradition. The JRE podcast community I see as obnoxious and not intellectual or comedic. Instead they are more of a comically co-opted futurism/alternative community. Whereas I view the literature community as superior to me in a way due to the sheer interest in ideas literature as an artform fosters. Also, they are familiar with story construction. Specifically, THIS literature community then combines the intellectual aspect of literature and openness to ideas, with the absurdity, and unabashedness of alternative viewpoints the alternative community carries with it. This is sometimes expressed through the elegant prose and rhetoric posted, sometimes through genuinely funny stories, and sometimes through failed attempts at both of these. One thing is common though, the perspective.

>Or why you need a "writing partner" at all?
I need someone to bounce ideas off of who has a similar goal but can provide a different perspective. Also someone who has a general sense of storyboarding, writing, and plot progression with the interest in the comedic side of things.

Good to see someone form San Jose in here though btw. Interested in connecting? Email me.

Also, I am looking for someone with post-modern influences.

How old are you?

20s. Why do you ask?

I live in pleasant Hill, but before I do anything, you'll need to post boipucci

blueboard faggot

Wanna hit up a gay bath house big boi? ;-)

Stop it. Stop this right now.

Come to the Thursday spoken word night at Caffeine Frascati, we'll meet there.

*Caffe Frascati

Got it. Are you ?

I'd like to write with you but I live on the East Coast. There are a lot of workshops and meetups in California though.

Hey, anyone interested in writing, email me.

[email protected]

Email me.

We'll see if we vibe there.

Just wanted to make sure you are not a child before we met.
Now, by some miracle, you don’t happen to be female, do you?

Lol, no.

I’m gay btw

Got it. Is your name Dave?

Ty-rone

WITH the hyphen?

bump

Last bump