Entry level French fiction

I studied French back in school but haven't kept up with it. Reead pic related last week and want to repolish my French reading skills. What books to follow up with?

Attached: lepetitprince.jpg (400x602, 31K)

reread*

How much difficult did you find Le Petit Prince? That will tell us where you are with your French. A standard recommendation for entry-level French lit would be l'Étranger de Camus. The language is fairly simple, as is the plot. However, if you found Le Petit Prince challenging, you may need to start lower than l'Étranger. If this is the case, I recommend reading the Tintin comics. They have some outdated French expressions because of when they were written, but the language is pretty simple and is made even more understandable by the pictures.

*How difficult
Merde

Tintin is racist

Le Petit Nicolas is pretty accessible and entertaining.

Attached: M02070360024-source.jpg (301x500, 29K)

which makes it perfectly up-to-date
there's a lot of bachibouzouks in the streets of Paris

Moravagine

I think le petit prince is harder than l'étranger
t. b2 almost c1

Yeah, but he's also anti-commie.

Which makes it even worse

>Which makes it even better
FTFY

Anatole?

Attached: 80D3761C-B53B-420E-AE8B-CC1E407C74A8.jpg (315x450, 62K)

Unbased and cringepilled

Reality is racist.

pretty good translation of poe, you might have some problems with verbal tense tho. anyhow, you have the english original to guide you through the general sense of the story

Attached: a.jpg (250x345, 14K)

No. Just dimwits

And amazing as well.

He might be pleb-tier, but I absolutely love Alexandre Dumas's novels.
Though they're not really entry level in terms of writing.

Probably not great for a beginner, but just as an interesting side note, Baudelaire translated several Poe stories into French, and they're pretty good.