Help my cousin that almost killed himself

So boys my cousin jumped out of from the third floor thursday nigh when he was extremely drunk and is in the hospital for at least 6 weeks. Do you have any recommendations to books he can read that will help him realize how precious life is?
I was thinking the art of living might be good

Attached: 61BOh4GWOpL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (260x314, 31K)

"Meditations" has some good stuff.

"Take it that you have died today, and your life's story is ended; and henceforward regard what further time may be given you as an uncovenanted surplus." That's obviously pretty goddamn relevant in this instance.

fuck you dumb faggot

LOL

He doesn't need a book, he needs to be properly parented

Mans search for meaning

That wasn’t very stoic of you.

No, that's too thinly veiled. It'll most likely insult him more than intrigue him to read.

I think you need to go up about eight stories before your odds of survival become negligible. Of course, such calculations are difficult to make if you’re drunk.

Attached: 53AFCB69-645B-49BC-8830-ABDE7BDAC90A.jpg (463x662, 42K)

'On the shortness of Life' by Seneca I guess

you're really fucked in the head

Was it a depressed suicide attempt or just drunken stupidity?

Hey, I’m not the one throwing myself out windows.

We don't know anything yet but he has shown signs of depression in the past by self harming etc.

Have you considered the possibility that you might be the cause?

Do you want a philosophy that will make him happier? Or just one that will make him value life more?

If he was extremely drunk then give him a book on alcoholism.

Three stories is enough of you plan a good landing, like head first.

>be OP's cousin
>life sucks and try to end myself
>not only pathetically fail, but have to stay hospitalized in my embarassment for 6 weeks
>OP thinks a self help book will change my outlook on life

Give him a funny book that will make his day just a bit brighter if you must.

I simply just don't read comedy but i was considering
I live 2 hours away from him he is 3 years older than me we rarely speak and if so he messages me for money. I'm certain that I am not the reason for it he was most likely on some drugs while he was drunk
it

i'd usually ask who's Meditations, but i can just tell you're one of those retards who unironically thinks Aurelius is an actual stoic philosopher

this desu

Better kill yourself just to be sure.

Nooses are on page 26.

Attached: 99AD1EB3-AB56-43DE-B252-1FD5EF96E4F6.png (150x214, 37K)

Unironically good but people will hate you for being too normie and entry level (when that’s actually the best choice, to be accessible for someone who doesn’t read)

Pseud

Unironically, this might be good for him.

Attached: 41xrGjLlM0L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 21K)

Is he alright? I jumped from the third floor when i was 20 yo and broke my spine because of it. Had to sit in the hospital for 3 months without moving so the spine bones could recover.

Anyways, some fiction literature. And a lot of movies. That's what helped me through anyways.

Literally what other philosophical book comes close to The Bible in things like these? Is this really a genuine question?

OP is retard

OP fall out window and land on head

How about you don't bore him so much that he tries to commit an hero again. Give him a fun book to pass the time instead.
"Literally" anything.