Charts

>incoming cunts upset that the father is older than the holy spirit in some places
Chart thread, boys. Another one?

Attached: PicsArt_02-24-01.40.01.jpg (505x960, 117K)

>brits are so ugly none of their famous authors got photographs and instead hired someone to paint them to look like a pretty boi
lmao

I wish there were actual pictures of Goethe, and to a larger extent Beethoven and Napoleon. But I guess it’s part of their Romantic heritage that they were practically one of the last generations of artists destined to never have photos of, and therefore to never 100% know what they looked like because of the flattery of paintings, especially of that era. It seemed like there was a fundamental change in art the moment photography was invented and artists who do have photos are several generations removed from their earlier Romantic brethren, but the length of time really isn’t that much.

Fitting though that Gogol out of all the famous early Russian writers is the only one to have a daguerreotype of, and yet he looks the literal exact same as he does in all the portraits of him like he almost hired someone to style themselves in the exact same way when the shot was taken

>Proust, Camus, Voltaire

Attached: 1516228307075s.jpg (250x174, 5K)

Can we replace Nietzsche with someone else? He may not be the worst philosopher but his writing style surely sucked ass. And I also suggest putting Flaubert as the Father on French lit since he was very important for the entire realism movement and therefore putting Proust as the Son

Was debating on Hesse as the Holy Spirit and Schiller as the son. That's probably better.

Schiller as son, Hegel as holy spirit

>read The Stranger once in high school
>heard Voltaire name-dropped in a Youtube video he watched about the Enlightenment
>literally had to google "French authors" to figure out who Proust was
You're a muzhik pseud if you can't at least acknowledge that they're all great writers, even if you don't appreciate them

Melville really should be the father, and I think Poe should be the holy spirit (if you're having dostoevsky and chaucer as the holy spirit)

For Irish lit, I would think Beckett would be the least son-like. Yeats is a predecessor to Joyce and his inspiration as a writer, so perhaps Yeats should be the father and Joyce the son.

Antiquity you don't have enough space, because you have the philosophers and the poets, the father would be Plato/Homer, the son would be Aristotle/Virgil, and the Holy spirit would be better if it was something like Heraclitus/Hesiod

Brit Lit, the son should be Dickens, for his widespread appeal and concern for social change, holy spirit should obviously be Milton

American: Melville, Hawthorne, Hemingway
Russian: Pushkin, Tolstoy, Nabokov
German: de la Motte Foqué, Brothers Grimm, Holderlin (german lit sucks desu)
British lit: Shakespeare, Milton, Dickens
Irish lit: Joyce, Yeats, Swift
French lit: Flaubert, Proust, Rimbaud

this is disregarding the blasphemous aspect btw

>Father of English lit
>Not Chaucer
Horseshit

Pleb

Fuck you, Camus is shit, Proust is overrated, Voltaire is a meme. Rabelais as Father, Stendhal as Son, Balzac as Holy Spirit.

you only like them because you
>read The Stranger once in high school, didn't understand it but convinced himself it was good to appear cool
>heard Voltaire name-dropped in a Youtube video he watched about the Enlightenment, never looked deeper in Voltaire after that
>literally had to google "French authors" to figure out who Proust was, liked the idea of Proust, never actually read anything by him

Rabelais as Father, Baudelaire as Son*

Voltaire doesn’t have any talent. He’s the most overrated writer and (((philosopher))) you’d find from this era. He hasn’t produced a single original thought or concept.
Camus’ philosophy and writings are juvenile.
Proust is really good but his style isn’t good.

France :
>The Father :
Maupassant

>The Son :
Céline

>The Holy Spirit :
Montaigne

here goes your boy napoleon

Attached: images (20).jpg (420x400, 14K)

>the sheer amount of shit and/or meme opinions
Damn, they gotta hold pseud olympics just for you.

drop Camus
it's as important to actually read the french classics as it is to ignore french posters in this thread

you've never read de la mott foque

>this French list
Truly embarrassing

>Camus and Voltaire on the list

I feel like flipping Hemmingway and Melville would be good, as the latter certainly feels more like a father, given that he wrote the definitive American text.

>baudelaire
Just reading his name is depressing

Why no Italian lit? This is actually an affront to Western civilization.

IS THERE ANY CHART ON NORTH-AFRICAN AUTHORS?

I’ve never seen an intro chart for poetry and I don’t know where to start. Ideally it should be English only without any epics or plays.

Attached: Sumers.jpg (3000x3559, 1.24M)

Swap Byron for Milton and that's better

Spanish Lit
The Father: Miguel de Cervantes
The Son: Pío Baroja
The Holy Spirit: Francisco de Quevedo

Attached: Rajoy.jpg (330x350, 38K)

Intro chart for poetry? Lmao, do you think all life is a rule? Go to a library and randomly open poetry books and see what you like.

>Tolstoy somefuckinghow behind Dostoevsky
>no Portuguese Yea Forums
embarrassing

>Irish lit
>no Italian lit
Fucking kek.

>post2016 Yea Forums chart threads
>posting lists of books you've never read

ISHYGDDT

costanza.jpg

I can recommend Philip Larkin as a good entry poet.

Attached: 1AA959CA-0C6F-4D52-B2EE-5863942E5677.jpg (727x834, 121K)

>le epic satire where he's projecting himself onto his target
you're a faggot and your opinions are shit

>think they're above Camus because they like to call him simple even though stylistically he's a great fiction writer and intro for young readers getting into lit
>disregard Candide in anger because the authors they read to get high on the fabricated feeling of being more intellectual and unique than the normies weren't included
>don't want Proust because... they didn't like the other two choices?
The absolute state of Yea Forums, you fucking pseuds. You're the bugmen of the english departments at universities.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-10-21-27-49-1.png (540x669, 229K)

>projecting so much
Camus and Voltaire are just terrible choices considering all the vastly superior French writers you could replace them with

Fuck off frogs, your literature is shit

>antique holy spirit aurelius
>he didn't pick Lucretius

Now this is perfection

Father: Baudelaire
Son: Rimbaud
Holy Spirit: Mallarmé

Why not Italian lit?

can someone help a pleb out, what is the English holy spirit?

Shakes, Byron, ??? Chaucer??

Yup, Shakespeare's father, Byron's son, Chaucer's holy spirit