Nihilism is childish

>Nihilism is childish
>so how do i overcome it
>you dont
So how do I overcome nihilism if it is so childish?

Attached: 1550599267299.jpg (600x578, 27K)

>philosophy in 2019
yikes.

just study physics and quit being a dramaqueen. your life doesn't matter and we're all just along for the ride on this rock shooting through the void. so you can either help us understand reality or you can off yourself. idc

You get a bf

By recognizing that it is childish; that the content of the belief is vacuous.

I'm not gay though.

shut the fuck up nigger

Whatever you do, don't take the leap of faith.

Attached: 1509598049352.jpg (466x492, 36K)

>current year
>not being a flaming faggot

What do you mean?
Explain how it is vacuous

Not knowing nihilism is an umbrella term is childish

being a cunt is too

He probably means religion

He is making a reference to PewDiePie and Soren Kierkegård. Only true Yea Forums patricians will get his reference.

kek

read Friedrich Nietzsche he writes about overcoming nihilism for atheists faggots who abandoned god

Would the paint of being a nihilist, demand that you down give a shit and that it doesnt matter if its childish or not?

>Nihilism is childish
Sounds like a childish argument to me.

Attached: Geatest_actor_to_ever_live_jim_curry.gif (250x250, 419K)

it’s childish in this sense: Philosophical ideas are usually born out of the current state we are in, the emotions and desires we are experiencing. So in a state of sadness, we think of sad truths about the world and come to sad conclusions. The idea of nihilism may be difficult to argue against, (debatable), but the idea itself, and the willingness to actually accept it, and dwell on it, often come out of a childish, self-centered state of mind. You are very liable to, for example, accept a nihilistic point of view of life if you have little to no empathy for others at the moment (a childish trait to many), few responsibilities and people that you care for (another childish trait), and generally a desire to rebel against the world (goes without saying as adolescent). Your nihilism is then born out of these desires, and is to a certain extent a means of constructing the world in such a negative light so as to feel superior to this world you are rebelling against, this world that either lacks the true knowledge that you possess, or a world that is reduced to nothingness so that all is equally insignificant to what you feel to be your insigificant, suffering self. A desire to do this seems childish to many because a mark of maturity is the desire to put others before oneself, and the desires that create such a nihilistic mindset are often the very opposite: the desire to rebel or tear down a world that you do not fully understand but feel rejected by. Therefore it is not the ideas of nihilism that are childish, but the very act of playing these ideas out in reality as an expression of a specific childish will, the act of, for example, identifying with these values, wanting to be seen as a “nihilist” in order to express your bitterness outwardly to others, much like joining a rebellious group of counter culturalists. How do you overcome this? It’s simple: you grow up. I do not mean this in a chastizing way, because you cannot help your mindset. Your desires will change. You will learn to understand people and empathize with them. You will gain humility and a greater ability to love and to connect with others. Your desires will move beyond yourself; your concerns will be less focused on your own world, and more on the worlds of loved ones. And then the truths of nihilism that you thought you saw will no longer have the same sting. You may recognize intellectually the lack of meaning of an action, but you feel calm, and love within. This is not from the understanding of a specific truth or another, a fact or theory that will click in one’s mind, but because of the slow, inevitable exposure to experience and suffering, which changes you over time so that you desire love rather than savagry, because you will have come to know the depths that you can fall to. This is all to say that you do not hurt yourself beyond repair in your state of suffering. So this is how you change it: continue to live, and continue to hope.

Where is that pewdipie Kierkagaard video?
I searched on google and youtube but couldn't find it.

Nihilism is the first step towards optimism. Once you realise that nothing matters, you realise that there's no reason to bare malice towards anything.

Bitter and cynical nihilism is what's childish.

You don’t, becuase any one who dismisses an entire philosophy as childish is not worth listening to as they clearly do not seek an honest discussion, but rather to confirm their own biases.

(Nietzsche’s cool tho, if you want someone against nihilism.)

Dostoevsky, Nietzsche and Heidegger.

Attached: Nietzsche187a.jpg (1464x1986, 632K)

Powerful and insightful. I will dedicate my life for the Science now.

>being obliged to help others
yeah no fuck you

smelly poop

you dont

You know who to read.

Attached: kant.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>your life doesn't matter and we're all just along for the ride on this rock shooting through the void.

>speaking authoritarially

pick one