Finally finished the transition, list your favorite books for women please

Attached: zzcpnoofob621.jpg (2320x3088, 804K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20190131030954/https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1090725647733977088.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Portrait of a Lady

>trolling a bait thread by posting serious answers
This must be that post-irony DFW warned me about. Mrs Dalloway is pretty solid.

Myra Breckinridge/Myron

Unironically what's wrong with these "people"?

This chick skullmogs everyone, damn!

They feel deeply, intrinsically uncomfortable with the bodies they were born in. ("Dysphoria").

I know, but since when it is a good treatment to pump hormones and chop their dicks off?

you don't think I pass?

Attached: vshboz9gv4z01.jpg (2320x3088, 789K)

It isn't great really, a lot of them have a rough time of it going through "transition", but from what I understand its better than the lingering "wrongness" they'd have otherwise - there's really no easy answers if you happen to turn out like that.

it's never been good treatment, that's the idea. it isn't treatment at all, it's just going all in with the delusion.

>better than the lingering "wrongness"
not really, they still kill themselves at the same rate even if they go through with whatever mutilations they want. more info on that here:
>web.archive.org/web/20190131030954/https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1090725647733977088.html

"Books for women"? What do we mean by "for women," exactly?

I suppose I see your point, but is it really healthy to fix a delusion by committing to it to a degree that others around you must submit to your whims?
Pic related: this thread doesn't have dolphin accessibility--needs more large water tanks and sardine buckets

Attached: 5118000-4410306968-tumbl.jpg (1280x720, 455K)

This is a lie. The person in OP's pic is not transgender, he is autogynophilic. He has a strong fetish based upon being a woman, he gets off on it.
Real trannies put much more effort in.

The Quran.

I mean you could pass because there are many ugly as fuck ladies who look kinda like you.

I think it's better to be a super ugly tranny than an average joe tranny because you can't really tell with the super ugly ones but you can with the average joe ones.

Too much time alone inside with internet access. They get bored, uncertain and restless, thinking too much about what might be wrong with their life. It must be something Fundemental, something curable over night without any real struggle involved. Because when a man becomes a woman, hes nothing: no gender, nobody to refer to, no history or future. It must be a pleasent thought to play with but when they throw themselves into that, theyll most likely fall a long way down.
And no fuckers, english is not my first language

Pretty much all pre-transition mtf trannies are autistic, loser, anime-watching nerd-types; bottom of the pecking-order, only way up is to shed their manhood

Everybody has that, it's called getting old

Having delusions about your sex instantly disqualifies you from having a diagnosis of gender dysphoria.

>I am a woman, I have always been a woman etc.
This happens on twitter and facebook and news shows but this isn't actually what transgender people say to their therapist.

>If I was a girl people would give me attention and care about me
>If I was a boy people would respect me and take me seriously
This is what people who have tricked themselves or been tricked into thinking they are transgender tell their therapist, who will then explain modifying their body will not change restrictive gender roles and that they will be happier simply going against gender roles and working to be more comfortable as their birth sex.

>I wish so badly that I was born the opposite sex. My body feels disgusting to me and I feel trapped in it. I hate my penis, my height, my facial hair, my shoulders, my ribs etc. erections make me feel disgusting or I hate how short I am, I hate my hips, my breasts, my softness, my weakness, menstruation makes me feel disgusting
This is what actual transgender people feel, and modifying their body physically is more effective for improving their mental health than telling them to simply endure living in a body they hate.

Note that this is different from disorders like anorexia where someone who is think *thinks* they are fat when they are not. Knowing the reality of their body is actually the source of pain for transsexuals.

>My body feels disgusting to me
This is most of the world's population desu. There are billion dollar industries exploiting it

I don't think anybody here really gives a shit about who you are or what you look like, but if you're gonna come out in this way, next time at least fix your hair first.

seems like a safer, more holistic and generally healthier way of managing body-image issues of such severity would just be--more therapy. possibly medication to deal with comorbidities like depression.
the statistics for quality of life improvements post-srs are not robust enough for us to state definitively that it is even true. and the data-set we have is not very old. have there even been life duration analysis of srs patients of any scale?
extremely invasive and irreversible surgery coupled with lifelong drug regimens does not strike one as sound treatment. think 'lobotomies.'

lol

>seems like a safer
Of course, hence why that was the default method of treatment for the last hundred years. Doesn't change the fact that it's completely ineffective for this particular illness, hence why an alternative approach has become the widely accepted standard. It isn't a body-image issue although on the surface level it seems like one, it's most likely a neurological development problem.

>post-srs
Very few transsexuals actually elect to have sex reassignment surgery, despite the heavy media focus on it.

'full transition' typically entails srs, and it is specifically the proliferation of these types of surgeries that i oppose. therapies that include public 'presentation' as the opposite sex i could give a fuck about. you are potentially exposing your patient to violence, but you have to make the risk/reward evaluation based on life circumstances.
therapy is not 'completely ineffective' for gdd, or for anyone 'questioning their gender'. the *vast* majority of young folks that report feelings of gender dysphoria, when not encouraged in their confusion by their therapists/family/social group, go on to have relatively normal adolescence and psychological development. those that don't are the ones that require further, more specialized treatment.

I don't really feel like continuing this conversation because I don't want to simply attempt to clear up misinformation and I don't think I have anything to gain from you. I didn't want to just not reply and have you think your words weren't read though, so thank you for talking to me up to this point. Have a good night user.

good luck on your journey, dude.
don't give anyone any money.

Congratulations

The yellow wallpaper
Mrs dalloway
SCUM manifesto
The good margaret atwood ones