Mom only reads murder mysteries

>mom only reads murder mysteries
>sister only reads YA trash
>dad doesn't read; only watches espn

Attached: 1550917187277s.jpg (200x200, 4K)

>I only shitpost about reading on a pseud section of a mongolian yak shearing & hentai BBS

Attached: 14429954.jpg (1000x1000, 96K)

Judging by your family history and the nature of the content you deem worthy of sharing on this board, I conclude that you suffer from a mild case of retardation

>mom likes trashy mystery novels and John Keats
>dad likes Shakespeare, Vonnegut, and Hemingway.

>Mom likes Wilde and airport fiction
>Dad likes Jünger and WWI memoir best-sellers, hates Kerouac

>dad doesnt read
>mom loves the 50 shades of grey series
kill me now.

psst, user
it doesn't matter if your family does or doesn't read, because
you can go out and make friends with people who do
and just talk with them instead
it's really that simple

>mom loves the 50 shades of grey series
post pic of your mom's feet plx

>haven't spoken to my mother, father, or any of my siblings in years
i don't know what they read

My mom doesn’t usually read any books except the Bible, but she started reading Dosto just to connect with me. At first she was uncomfortable with the violence and dark side of life being portrayed, but after a while she unironically understood and came up with interpretations and intertextuality with scripture that even I didn’t notice. “He is giving me a deep explanation of man's sinfulness in his heart and the affects of feeling the guilt of sin.”

Love my mom, she’s awesome.

>you can go out and make friends with people who do

I haven't met another person who reads anything that isn't being assigned to them since middle school.

>mom doesn't read
>dad doesn't read
>brother doesn't read
>I don't read

Attached: 1514734189321.jpg (600x718, 24K)

based and redpilled

wholesome af.

you should really try to forgive them and reconnect with them, user.

Literally me except it's CNBC for my dad and my sister is probably a tier above pure YA shit. I have gotten my sister into a few more serious novels but not too much. It's funny because she's actually substantially smarter than me.

Honestly though I'm not too bothered by it. Maybe it's because I got into literature a little before I found Yea Forums or even before Yea Forums was created, but I've always lacked the kind of show off impulse that seems to affect a lot of Yea Forums posters and I'm not really inclined to discuss the books I read with anyone else. I probably wouldn't know what to talk about even if I did know anyone who read all the same books I did.

My mom loves lolita and my dad reads zizek and lacan.

your dad is a pedophile

Good thing you define yourself by what you consume rather than what you produce or you might not be able to see yourself as superior to them.

>Mom reads crime stories and some easy classics
>Dad has his own library of 900+ books. From fantasy and scifi to philosophy and classics, though almost half is military/war related as he worked his entire life in military

I really own my interest in books and reading to my father. Thanks dad, I love you.

Laughed out loud in the cafe. Awkward.

>From fantasy and scifi to philosophy and classics, though almost half is military/war related as he worked his entire life in military
Any books on Israel?

Not sure actually, but he is a religious man.
Why though? Whats the deal with Israel?