What book will make me like math?

What book will make me like math?

Attached: 1524211775771.gif (450x551, 213K)

Attached: 51d1TURbyTL._SX315_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (317x499, 27K)

Start with the Greeks

Attached: 3.jpg (512x419, 28K)

Soon you'll have no choice anyhow. Shouldn't you be greatful you had the opportunity to dislike math while you still could? Think of your grandchildren, (or at least think before you end up killing an old man because you thought you did know math).

Bought this when I was 15 or so and loved it. It helped me get over my math anxiety too.

Attached: the-joy-of-x.jpg (1200x1807, 278K)

Tesla's diary. Specially the prison rape fantasy.

The Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges

I don't know, like, Anathem maybe?

Attached: 1160800.jpg (318x313, 52K)

Neet!

Ian Stewart's books are excellent.

Cryptonomicon

Plato helps, considering his belief in the true reality of math. Same with Aristotle. Understanding that the principles of math are the structure and organization of real and potentially real things instead of as the subject that was a pain in the ass in high school helps too. A perspective shift is necessary in order to respect what is usually considered a fundamental part of reality, if one is inclined to believe in such a thing.

Plato

How does one respond to those who say "We must believe in reality, as we have no evidence that reality doesn't exist. You must only believe in what the evidence tells you."?

>What book will make me like meth?
I don't know man, that shits pretty hardcore

Maybe bring in something about the fallibility of sense perception, or how everything is subjective. I'm not well read enough to give a good argument against it, but I'm sure you could find problems with the premises "we have no evidence that reality doesn't exist. You must only believe in what the evidence tells you.", though this in of itself would be using evidence demonstrative to support your response.

this looks intimidating but how different is it from a highschoolers perspective?

what would it even *mean* for reality to 'not exist?' how could there even be a conception of its non-existence?

Fair. Will we ever develop an accurate conception of reality?

That's a fair point. Experience of the outside world is elementary, there shouldn't be an argument over it.

Fundamentally, as biological lifeforms cast within this structure exhibiting logical capabilities, it would only seem, to me, that deconstruction is the only way to "unveil" what was previously hidden - from both our determinable perceptions and basic sensations.

We coexist within this paradigm, we do not know "the true" nature of our reality, but, as it is, we will continue to work towards the most superlative "picture" capable by humanity.

Mathematics should be considered the blueprint that this physical universe adheres to, "of course", there are other facets that are presented and quibbled over, though, pure mathematics at its foundation is the most reliable and doesn't allow room for such silly "subjectives".

You ARE already math. Google Mathematical Universe. An watch videos by Klee Irvin.

Attached: KleeIrvin.jpg (211x269, 17K)

is it very bad if I rec an app instead of a book?
euclidea.xyz

Nothingness is probably just a figment of our brains. Even some ancient Greeks came to this conclusion.

Attached: 1345912640136.gif (455x500, 443K)

That's an arbitrary choice, even if it is one which seems to make sense.

not op but thx