Is there anything more effay than a Modern Library clothbound?

Is there anything more effay than a Modern Library clothbound?

folio society and nyrb are for redditors btw

Attached: MLcloth.jpg (2102x1886, 995K)

I don’t know what the fuck effay means you nigger loving faggot

effay?
Do you mean effete?

La Pleiade, Suhrkamp, Slovo

you fucking nigger-loving cocksmoking anglo pseud

Those books look like shit though.

I like my Heritage Press books the best.

Everyman's Library clothbounds

My library has a ton of these and as nice as they look I'm honestly scared to check them out sometimes since they always feel like the binding or the spine will fall apart in my hands.

Attached: download.png (151x144, 2K)

For me it’s 1950s graphic design

Attached: B15E5AD3-53B8-4A0E-BBE0-888F00F72383.jpg (1600x1200, 283K)

cloth is an ideal host for germs, enjoy your hiv.

/fa/ used to be a terrible board and it still is

Most modern library cloth-bounds are truncated (Clarissa, Decameron, etc.) and censored (Rabelais' Gargantua and Pantagruel is heavily censored in modern library clothbound) you might as well buy readers digest books.

Every commonly-available edition of Clarissa is abridged, and for good cause. The Decameron is unabridged.

Holy glaring newfags, Batman!

everyman's library is the superior publisher of clothbound hardbacks

do you guys keep your dust jackets or toss them? i'm not sure what i think looks better on the shelf. i sort of like the old fashioned aesthetic of op's pic, but i can never bring myself to throw away my dust jackets.

eww no

love modern library cuz hard cover and travel sized. plan to take a few of these to a trip to europe this year

Attached: modli.jpg (572x523, 72K)

loeb

i have an extra drawer in my nightstand where i toss the aesthetic ones. ill throw em away if/when i move though

Keep mine in case I want to resell the books.

Attacking retarded crossboarders with tactical ignorance is not being a """newfag"""

Attached: books canterbury classics.jpg (1200x1200, 183K)

Vintage

Fuck off to/fa/ you fagg

that's called degenerate art

Literally the entirity of 4channel says "effay".

Attached: 1549430826569.jpg (346x346, 14K)

It was used 34 times on Yea Forums the last year. I don't want more retard leakage, so fuck off. Saged and reported

Most bookshelves that are entirely composed of one publisher mean that the owner buys books to show off not to read. Certain editions of certain texts are different publisher to publisher, and you should do your research. Folio are overpriced, but the binding is durable, and you can get some deals if you catch a good sale. Nyrb has some lesser known works that are hard to find elsewhere, and if you refuse to consider that because of how you might look to a Mongolian shadow puppet forum, you don't care that much about reading.