Why do prestigious literary journals seem to publish really dull stuff these days...

Why do prestigious literary journals seem to publish really dull stuff these days? You look at the fiction and the poetry being put out by the New Yorker and Tin House and all these high-end, mainstream magazines and there's just something boring and soulless about it. Why does it seem like America's arbiters of literary taste have so little taste themselves?

Attached: 1511945556634.jpg (1025x728, 81K)

Because magazines are the front line of new writing. If you looked at the magazines from 100, 150 years ago, you'd see roughly the same amounts of shit, derivative and forgotten.
"High-end" and "mainstream" has nothing special to do with quality.

Attached: jewishmafiatrumancapote.png (1224x234, 63K)

but Yea Forums tells me that nepotism like this is good

>Why do prestigious literary journals seem to publish really dull stuff these days?

because the things you consider exciting are regarded as boding by others. the things that excite them are incredibly tedious by other standards.

start a magazine with the same aims as Harlan Ellison's "Dangerous Visions", and see how many issues you can crank out before you run into the problem of escalation. by issue three you'll be firing live babies out of a railgun in the direction of another railgun firing sharks back at them, and wondering what you can do to top that in the next issue.

>as boding by others.

boring, obviously.

"Boding" is quite different.

Attached: cvbe_154.jpg (600x821, 142K)

>New Yorker
Why is every piece so fucking long?

I might be completely off-target here, but I feel like a lot of these writers aren't very creative people at their core. They want to write fiction that will be regarded as "literary", but this doesn't necessarily lead to fiction that is actually interesting. Maybe it's because certain types of narrrative are accepted as literary topics, whereas others that might be more interesting don't have that status. Or it could be an issue of style over substance.

I think that's a disingenuous interpretation of what OP is saying. It's not about gratuitous excitement for the sake of excitement, but rather an element of novelty that just isn't there.

Narrative addiction burnout. People who don't dabble in philosophy and politics who try to be arbiters of taste loose themselves and their context with each new story. The day comes when they realise only poetry is real writing that counts, and they don't get it, nor do they want to fight about it, fight the feeling that poetry is the only path to true expression as an individual in this glassyeyed beast.

cringe

This, I think they want to seem intelligent so they write dry, humorless, meandering scenes that they believe are literary. Those stories never go anywhere or really mean anything. It's Muzak on a page.

Nice comic, are there longer issues ?

You could say literally the same thing about Yea Forums's writing and pretensions.

I could and I will

>Lacks a certain poetry to it
stylists should have their fingers' nerves connected to their keyboard so they can feel the pulse of narcissism that arrives with each new celebrity picture. This way I'll get to bring back my lightsaber meme, (whatdidhemean?). All those wooden shoes to fuck a bear with and I'm an animal rights activist. I must be having a fit-lit moment.

yikes

thousands of them, but most have tits in all directions and can't be posted here. seriously, you've never heard of Vaughn Bode?

Attached: cvbe_159.jpg (600x792, 152K)

>loose themselves

you just loosed the game, looser.

I can`t believe the jewish boogeyman is actually a real thing

No, I'm a comic pleb.

I'm not even saying heavy stylization is necessary, you just need to be trying to say anything in a story. Whether it's just presenting a narrative or putting any kind of idea out there. Those magazine stories have no thesis, and barely if any narrative. If anyone is a narcissist it's them, wasting everyone's time with nothing and patting themselves in the back for it. When they have little interviews with the authors they just throw around buzzwords and say some shit like "it's up for interpretation"

>Replace literature with cinema and its the exact same thing
Except it isn't? Publishing and the film industry are wildly different. The rise in Jewish authors Capote describes took place in the late 50s/early 60s, whereas Jews had in outsize presence in Hollywood almost from the very start.

The left are no longer transgressive. They took over every major institution to gain control of thought. But at the same time they act like its the 60's still and they are the rebels fighting against the man. Even though every major corporation, politician, and media figure supports their social agenda

By wanting to destroy white or male influence this turns them into a counter culture.

I feel like when white people become a minority a few wreckinings will happen. Not to white peope. But to leftists and black people.

Capitalism wont dissapper, and black people wont be able to blame white people for being failures, quite possibly leading to black existentialism

Their children will be told to ignore and not pay attention to that old white man who says and does vile things

Probably, but thats not what we're taking about

>kike writes amateur poem
>white man writes an exceptional poem
>kike editor choose kike because they are kikes

Attached: 977EE17B-BEEE-4155-82B7-4EE72C9243EF.jpg (495x371, 36K)

You're telling me this isn't the absolute pinnacle of literature?

Attached: Screenshot_20190210-212330.png (720x1280, 363K)