What contemporary writer do you think has potential to be called one of the greats 50 years from now?

What contemporary writer do you think has potential to be called one of the greats 50 years from now?

Attached: 9eeceb7fcd75db540d908d377721c18d.jpg (570x855, 88K)

Whitney Ryan

Alexander Theroux

This is probably more appropriate for Yea Forums but as a poet if nothing else, Joanna Newsom.

eugene vodolazkin

Where to start with him?

Laurus

What does he write about mainly?

Gay sex

the significance of faith in a post-secular world

Faith as in Christianity preaching? Or just theism?

me desu

It's a novel written about a religious figure in Russia, which is primarily a christian orthodox nation, but I think an atheist would find the book interesting as well.

>mfw orthodoxy is the wellspring of all great Russian literature

Attached: wO1OsDX.jpg (670x677, 80K)

Aurundhati roy and george saunders

>A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.

I feel bad for Arundhati Roy. She's a genuinely talented minority female who writes about interesting topics from nuanced perspectives and she gets lumped in by virtue of being a minority female with the hordes of no-talent retards like Rupi Kaur writing drivel about superficial identarian bullshit. Many of them get more praise than her in the west, and it pisses me off.

If you see Kaur getting more praise than Roy you are reading the wrong lit magazines. The idea that she is a genuinely Great author is by no means an obscure opinion.

What does Roy write about btw? Is it minority struggle issues mostly?

None

Sean Goonan. And until the end of time.

Yes, but the praise that’s leveled upon some shitty modern authors is absolutely blown out of proportion with reality.
Colonial India and the Indian identity in the modern era. It’s pretty interesting honestly.

James Patterson

ugly pic

Who the f is this girl anyways
she is so cute but probably not virgin

Benjamin Nugent

Wash your eyes.

Dan Schneider

Only in the minds of teenage Western pseuds who don't read anything beyond Tolstoyevsky and larp to muh chruch aesthetics.

me because probably global warming will have murdered all the idiots without a hidden food cellar and around the same time I'll probably have gotten off my ass and written a short story or something by then

Only Ishiguro is worth something.