What am i in for Yea Forums?

what am i in for Yea Forums?

Attached: 1549153265142.png (2664x1512, 2.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aq67yRnp9PA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This doomer garbage is a self-fulfilling spook

add On the Heights of Despair to your list

I've realised this after years of exposing myself continuously to to literature and music with this atmosphere or aesthetic. Feeling miserable and bitter becomes almost addictive.

'A Man Asleep' is a much better title than 'A Man Who Sleeps', desu. The French title should be 'Un Homme Endormi'. It's kind of a tongue twister, though.

A bunch of books.

Can confirm, been "depressed" for 3 years now (diagnosed and all).

After time of isolating myself i realized it is just bullshit, i don't know any other way of living and it is all an excuse for me to being lazy and self-pity.

The Yea Forums equivalent of this album

Attached: eerie.jpg (1024x1024, 112K)

I want to read How It Is and Hunger.

Can anyone rate?

Same here. I cannot say for certain which came first, this doomed shit or my bad attitude, but for the past 10 years I've been like this.

those sad books are p good tho

Yes, that's true, a lot of them are.

>self-fulfilling spook
I can't deny that

>doomer garbage
some of them are pretty good though

not even doomer, fag

To be a Doomer is to be addicted. Start killing your addictions and you might just find that all that isolation and melancholy has left you with a unique "enlightenment" (one of many types, not trying to be a douche) that can keep you from falling into the more retarded side of the "bloomer" archetype. The key thing is to eliminate addictions, including self pity and bad habits. Only then can you offer anything sensible to society and develop a sense of purpose without compromising your beliefs.

yall niggas spend way too much time on the computer

Based

This album is amazing

pathological introspection

Depression isn't feeling sad, it is feeling empty. This doesn't matter anymore because psychologists will erroneously diagnose anyone really sad with being depressed.
Actual depression is a horrible nothing-zone. It is complete boredom. Anhedonia. real depression removes personality, while fake depression creates a new personality. You can see threads on depression boards on reddit where people say that "they wouldn't give up being depressed if they had the option" because it has totally encompassed their being or some shit. This is red flag alert that their depression wasn't really depression (as it was additive in its qualities, and not subtractive) and more a pure misery.
Being miserable itself is highly addictive. It is buying an excuse while making your life look harder than it is. Misery itself actually eventually does turn you tortured mentally, because your mindstate has adapted to thinking itself as injured.

people literally get off being depressive pessimist, they wallow in their own misery. Something about the negativity is intoxicating.

This. I'm depressed and I don't feel constant misery and self-pity, I just don't feel or care about anything

did you get your diagnosis from tumblr?

This, I fetishise the image of me isolated walking through busy neon cities at night unnoticed, contemplating, listening to music and embracing the feeling of emptiness. Wasting time wandering merely because I was given it

Complete boredom is emptiness though

None of you are depressed. Fuck off.

Is being depressed cool?

That word came into the thread pretty arbitrarily, I don't think most people are claiming to suffer from depression, but rather that they identify with the "doomer" meme.

but I am, just read my diary desu

Attached: 1550265199924.gif (328x338, 2.24M)

it becomes completely addictive because it's easy

way easier to simply live in despair than force yourself to make it right

Just finished Hunger

It was alright. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either

Attached: 1BEB6D03-D24D-477A-9D0D-2B1341729D00.jpg (612x817, 147K)

None of those books are depressing.

Thanks for this bro

>Feeling miserable and bitter becomes almost addictive
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq67yRnp9PA
totally

Bleeding out of your ass and early death.

t. read maldoror and contributed my knowledge of the text to the world in a meaningful way, have the Cioran volume bottom-right under the TV-monitor as I write

Céline and Bernhard's books challenge cynicism as being a pleasurable position. Bernhard is even inspired by Nietzsche and saw The Loser (Der Untergeher) as something to be overcome. I would even call Bernhard bloomer lit. Why anyone would use these books to justify their doomer mentality is beyond me–these characters are not full-time positions! just another aspect of the human soul. Ask Pessoa for fuck's sake.

>Céline and Bernhard's books challenge cynicism as being a pleasurable
>Bernhard saw The Loser (Der Untergeher) as something to be overcome.
????

i only read hunger and part which he cries while gulping old rotten bone and vomiting eat is depressing desu. i dont know if charts good or not nevertheless i would add V.Klima books to it.

Attached: doomer.png (2664x1512, 2.81M)

That album is as big of a bummer as albums get. I'm not sure this literature measures up

the bloomer side on the edge.

Reading this word salad has me agreeing with Peter Hitchens. Depression is a spook and nothing substantial can be inferred from its diagnosis other than nebulous brain scans and assumptions about whatever a "serotonin deficiency" might mean (we will never know).

Mental health is better talked about using the language of religion and poetry rather than psychiatry. Prove me wrong

Attached: 17d5f6893d24134da063793a153a41c8.png (712x396, 308K)

I want an adventurist literature chart; anybody have really good adventure lit suggestions please feel free to give me recs.

danke lads

Attached: HD_100790782_01.jpg (1000x1000, 63K)

Want to read Ligotti after True Detective but idk if it's good or not.

How could Dostoevsky be so 100% right?

The only thing that I remember about Maldoror is the rape part

It's strange, my list is closer to bloomer reading list. But I would consider myself a doomer. Are both of them just empty bullshit?